Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raise your voice commander againts the new arena kill 4* shards

JatinderSinghJatinderSingh Posts: 284
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
As you guys already know our gold is cut to 1/10 and we have stashed so much ore-13.
Now kabam has decided to re ruin us by killing 2 days from 6 day in whole month of 4* crystal sharad

This is unacceptable.
Tagged:

Comments

• Technically it is acceptable. Life will continue after this change. I would much rather raid items be removed instead as many others, but it's not our choice to make. Personally, I think increasing the crystal bounty rewards would solve the problem, even if the increase doesn't match what a 3 day cycle would give. Or milestones that build a total of 250 4 star shards. It's not the same amount, but Kabam wanted to decrease 4 star shard output, which I'll respect. Just would prefer it at a less drastic rate.
  • Drake6401 wrote: »
    Technically it is acceptable. Life will continue after this change. I would much rather raid items be removed instead as many others, but it's not our choice to make. Personally, I think increasing the crystal bounty rewards would solve the problem, even if the increase doesn't match what a 3 day cycle would give. Or milestones that build a total of 250 4 star shards. It's not the same amount, but Kabam wanted to decrease 4 star shard output, which I'll respect. Just would prefer it at a less drastic rate.

Ok for one moment i agree with you . But then kabam should find balance how to reward everything to all . Why just top 10 people have to get the cream things.
    Their should be a milestones kept then whoever reaches it gets it .

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    Why just top 10 people get things?

Because that's how every video game in the known universe works.

You want everyone to just get the same rewards no matter their ranking? What motivation would there be to play.

Ludicrous statement
  • Manthro wrote: »

You want everyone to just get the same rewards no matter their ranking? What motivation would there be to play.

Ludicrous statement

More people wanting the same for less work. Guys with the most time and motivation will always come out on top. It is a fact of life. Why should they not get more than those who worked less?

Kabam has already come out and said that 4* shards were too easy to acquire in their opinions. And in a way they're right. Sure Raid and Mod arenas aren't desirable atm but patience. They're constantly working to better this game for all. Give it time and eventually we will see better and more balanced arenas. These kinds of changes just do not happen over night.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

Ludicrous statement

More people wanting the same for less work. Guys with the most time and motivation will always come out on top. It is a fact of life. Why should they not get more than those who worked less?

Kabam has already come out and said that 4* shards were too easy to acquire in their opinions. And in a way they're right. Sure Raid and Mod arenas aren't desirable atm but patience. They're constantly working to better this game for all. Give it time and eventually we will see better and more balanced arenas. These kinds of changes just do not happen over night.

The top 10 will get 5 4-Star Signature Upgrades crystals, the others will get zero.
    This not less, this is nothing.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    The top 10 will get 5 4-Star Signature Upgrades crystals, the others will get zero.

How do you figure zero?

Superior Signature Crystals guarantee at least a 3-Star Class Signature Upgrade, with a chance at a 4-Star Class Signature Upgrade

yrrtgyieu9bf.png

That's 20 of the superior for more than just top 10 and while I'm sure 4* will be rare, that's still going to produce.

It isnt ideal but it isn't the end of the world either.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    it is fair to everyone just live with it.. and you can never be on par with a heavy P2P player so just be content with what u can get for free.. as long as it is reasonable. They already give us an option to obtain featured bot for free for 100k chips (which is easily attainable if play it everyday) so why so greedy? Take it step by step..

How do you figure zero?

Superior Signature Crystals guarantee at least a 3-Star Class Signature Upgrade, with a chance at a 4-Star Class Signature Upgrade

yrrtgyieu9bf.png

That's 20 of the superior for more than just top 10 and while I'm sure 4* will be rare, that's still going to produce.

It isnt ideal but it isn't the end of the world either.

How much 4-Star Signature Upgrades crystals do you read beside the 1-2%?
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    5 sig upgrades for a 4* is basically equal to a full 4* bot, or 2000 shards.

20 crystals, (let's assume 25% chance of 4*, similar to the superior bot crystals), would mean 5 4* upgrades, again similar to 2000 4* shards.

8-12% ranks get 5 Sup Sig crystals, so theoretically 1.2 4* sig levels, which is 480 4* shards.

Now not everyone wants to upgrade sigs, some just want more bots. Some others love the guarantee to make their favorite bot stronger as opposed to a random dupe they don't use all that often.

Overall it's not less.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    There's no need to raise any voice I think. The routine is clear: the more you whine the harder the nerf/robbery. This time, instead of the usual "we will be closely monitoring the data and tell you if we will change it back" PR-style statement, they just slap you in the face saying "you're getting too much with too little effort". If it isn't us who pummeled so hard and beat them into a corner, they should be fighting back like this. It's our fault. Sorry Kabam.
  • Mufc14 wrote: »

How many people got the featured bot in old arena outside of top 5? Your complaining that nobody outside of top 10 get guaranteed 4* sig upgrades. And being top 10 don't really mean squat beyond giving 2 more arena crystals and 5 crystals that will all give random 4* sig upgrades. Yeah, 1 crystal=1 sig lvl. x5 random rolls. So the top 1-10 could pull 5 different class sigs. This arena is not about the top 10. I would def say top 10 here is more bragging(and who really cares about that here) and those that for whatever reason don't mind 5x random sig level ups for their duped 4*

This is an arena I'll give a go at. If people don't like it, then easier for me to get into the top spots. 20 superior and 15 regular for top 1-2% means every couple weeks I'm going to pop 35 sig upgrades and produce 15 2*(good for forging) and 20 mostly 3* with a 4* or two in there. And with those 3* upgrades making my 3* even better forge fodder, I'll pull more 4* shards when I feed em to my 4* bots.

How many people got the featured bot in old arena outside of top 5? Your complaining that nobody outside of top 10 get guaranteed 4* sig upgrades. And being top 10 don't really mean squat beyond giving 2 more arena crystals and 5 crystals that will all give random 4* sig upgrades. Yeah, 1 crystal=1 sig lvl. x5 random rolls. So the top 1-10 could pull 5 different class sigs. This arena is not about the top 10. I would def say top 10 here is more bragging(and who really cares about that here) and those that for whatever reason don't mind 5x random sig level ups for their duped 4*

This is an arena I'll give a go at. If people don't like it, then easier for me to get into the top spots. 20 superior and 15 regular for top 1-2% means every couple weeks I'm going to pop 35 sig upgrades and produce 15 2*(good for forging) and 20 mostly 3* with a 4* or two in there. And with those 3* upgrades making my 3* even better forge fodder, I'll pull more 4* shards when I feed em to my 4* bots.

It was a simple question but you didn’t answer it.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited November 2017
    I'm too late to edit it in my previous post, but let's recreate Miike's table and convert the crystals to equivalent 4* shards as per my previous formula.
    1 4* sig crystal = 1/5 of a dupe = 1/5 of a 4* = 400 shards
    1 Sup Sig crystal = 1/4 of 1/5 of a dupe = 1/20 of a dupe = 100 shards (made a mistake in previous post)
    For simplicity I'll leave out a roughly 1% chance at 4* from the regular sig crystals.

f626i3r8es4x.png

Now not everyone may agree on the value of a sig upgrade. Some might prefer straight up 4* crystals. Actual dupes from 4* crystals also provide 10k dino chips, (1/10th of the first 4*, 200 shards? but again, very specific, consider it insignificant and too complicated to weigh in). But the numbers are so much higher, that even if you value them at half as much as straight 4* shards, we're still coming out ahead.

Thanks.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited November 2017
    If I'm reading the rewards correctly, they're all upgrades, not awakenings, which means if you don't already have it duped to begin with then it's all worthless.

I thought the point of this arena would be to give people a chance to unlock sigs on bots we haven't duped.

Upgrades is just that.. an upgrade, it's not letting us unlock anything new or open anything we don't already have.

Also, 10k less Dino chips is pretty significant. Plus the dupe ore.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    Of course I didn't answer it because it is a pointless question. Look, let's cut to the chase. The reality is that just because you participate in something does not mean you get the same out of it as everyone else. There are winners, losers and everything in between. Participating in the crystal bounty arena does not guarantee you 4* shards. Participating here does not guarantee a 4* sig upgrade. Participating in a Marathon does not guarantee you a trophy. You play/participate because you want to and because it is fun. If competition is your thing, then you see how you fare against the competition and adjust to be more competitive next time if capable. Life.....

Now let's take Dircules math just a hair farther too shall we? So we already know the roundabout math surrounding the 4* shards vs sig upgrades. Even if the used 4* pull rate is off, which it probably is, we still have an idea and honestly, it looks fine. Even with a lower 4* pull rate worse case looks to be on par with crystal bounty but wait!

In crystal bounty, most PBC aka 2* shards you can pull is what? 2500? In 1 day getting top 10 was like 1k 4* shards and 2500 PBC shards? Correct me if I'm wrong, I was way too busy irl last crystal arena series to participate.

Now 2500 PBC shards equates ONE 2* pull not counting what you may or may not already have shard wise. Every 100 might net you a 3*. My 2 4* pulls from PBC were actual PBC and not shard PBC. Still think shard PBC has a lower 4* droprate but getting off subject. For this we will use 2* because I imagine that droprates for PBC 2-4* will be similar to the regular 2-4* sig upgrade crystal.

Just participating enough to reach rank rewards nets you 5x Sig upgrade crystals. That's the equivalent of a 2* bot pull. Minus the gold and 3750 xp in Class Ore(if used for proper class). That's just for participating. At 16% and higher, you get 15x crystals which is equivalent to 3x 2* bot pulls minus ore and gold.

So to reinforce Dircules, we are still coming out on top.

Would it have been better to replace the raid arena with this? Sure. Is it worse than Crystal arena it replaced? Matter of opinion but I say no. Is Manthro going to do another poll sometime soon? Probably today.

P.S. Sorry this post ended up being another long one

TL:DR - Didn't answer question cause pointless. Sig arena is fine. More 2* duping for forging. Should have had this replace Raid arena instead of Crystal but whatevs. Manthro will be doing another poll.
  • Sucks for @Kabam Miike as he had to be the messenger of bad news, as I know it was not his decision.

I don’t think this thread is going to go anywhere and their minds have already been made up.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    edited November 2017
    These changes are unacceptable. But is not the missing cb arena which is pure crappage is also the rank system.. Like I've said lots of times the new ranks means you have work even more just to get the same shards you could've got from 3-10% in the old arenas.. But removing a cb is just adding insult to injury
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Did someone say MOAR POLLS??!!
    Did someone say MOAR POLLS??!!

Oh no...
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I don't think sig upgrades come anywhere close in value to 4* shards.

4* shards can give me a bot I don't have (which for most is a pretty high chance and very valuable) and can unlock a sig (also very valuable), plus give 10k feature chips (extremely valuable and in most cases necessary if you want the feature) and heaps of ore.

Removing the arena also makes it harder to get the feature bot. Not just 4* but also the loss of the 3* and pbc shards for dupes.

Sig upgrades just makes one of my already duped bots a tiny bit stronger. 5 levels on a sig I already have is not anywhere near as impactful as unlocking the sig, we're talking tiny % buffs to an already existing ability that I have. It makes very little difference to my effective gameplay.
  • Terminal wrote: »
    Sig upgrades just makes one of my already duped bots a tiny bit stronger. 5 levels on a sig I already have is not anywhere near as impactful as unlocking the sig, we're talking tiny % buffs to an already existing ability that I have. It makes very little difference to my effective gameplay.

I agree in general, but there's one advantage of sig programs: they're effectively a dupe for any bot of your choice (within the relevant class). That's better than duping through a 3* crystal, because it means you can focus all the sig programs on your key bots.

For mid-tier players, that's really helpful. It means if they focus their efforts on just one bot from each class, they can get 6 fairly powerful 3* bots. 3* bots are enough to run AM around d70, to clear the hard (not expert) event missions, and to clear all of Act 2 in the story.

If people are doing all that, and participating in arena and doing raids, they'll move out of mid-tier status pretty quickly. Sig programs make that process a bit easier

You haven't met any Bernie Sanders supoorters, have you?
    Ludicrous statement

Spoken by one of the top 10 players in the game! Lol!
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212

Ludicrous statement

How about those of us that have an effing life? And jobs. Kids. Like there needs to be more balance. I don't have 6+ hrs a day to play . I play on breaks, at lunch, and after kids go to bed. Guess I'm not a target audience so I just get "cookies" on. Ya know.. since I can't spend all day every day when they prompt me to get the cream rewards. I don't want something for nothing. But I grinded to almost 200,000 pts in crystal arena.. and the rewards? Almost equivalent to an alliance event... Bs.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Remmie wrote: »

Ludicrous statement

How about those of us that have an effing life? And jobs. Kids. Like there needs to be more balance. I don't have 6+ hrs a day to play . I play on breaks, at lunch, and after kids go to bed. Guess I'm not a target audience so I just get "cookies" on. Ya know.. since I can't spend all day every day when they prompt me to get the cream rewards. I don't want something for nothing. But I grinded to almost 200,000 pts in crystal arena.. and the rewards? Almost equivalent to an alliance event... Bs.
    Ahem.. cookies was meant to be "dookied"
  • Well here's a cookie anyway. I too have a life, wife, kids. I probably spend less than 2 hours a day and most of that is spent in AM. So I still stand by what I said. It also means I agree with those having more time being able to get more rewards. Why shouldn't they if they put in more work? The balance it sounds like you want is that you want same rewards for putting in half an hour as someone who dumps in 6 hours. It isn't going to happen and it never should happen.
  • Remmie wrote: »

Then accept that you won’t have the same bot roster as someone who plays 16hrs / day and spends $2,000 / week

Is it really “unfair”???? Of course not. Just accept that we all play the game differently, we move at different paces, we’re at different places, and what makes the game fun has nothing to do with our global rank, nor the number of words we write abusing Kabam for not making our own personal experience better than everyone else’s