Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

HOW TO FIGHT BOTS ABOVE YOUR LEVEL?

Guys as im nearing the end of the sp mission, im having trouble fighting the bots in the 3 chp. I have 5 maxed 3*s but they are slowly being chewed away. Any tips on how to fight them?

Comments

• Forge your bots and don't get hit. Seriously
  • Be more cautious. Instead of heavying in the beginning, alway pull back and wait until it gets your turn. Counter when they have had a melee-streak or right after having Dodged a special attack. Another efficient way to counter-attack is right after a basic ranged attack.
    All in all, it depends on your bots. Some will be better for some classes than others even despite advantage, so test them in arena which bots suits you, then focus on upgrading them instead of what others prefer. You might be terrible with the same.
  • Forging does help if you have some 2 star bots you don't want plus it provides 3 start crystal shards. Evasion is very important and it's often best to wait and dodge enemies when they charge forward. Some bots are melee based like Grindor and Motermaster so dodging them is the primary counter. Bots like Barricade and most Demolishers are more comfortable shooting so they can be a bit more annoying.

Another big deal is Synergy. It's much more effective for 4 star bots, but it never hurts to level up bots that synergy well. If the enemy has their yellow power bar up, try getting evasive and coax out the attack so you can either block or dodge it. This prevents them from reaching the impossible to evade S3 attacks. Some people are lucky and the enemy uses it easily, but if you're like me, they'll sometimes hold onto it with no relent until that S3 is ready. In those cases just unload as much damage as possible while they have a full power bar.

For a character specific tip with Soundwave. He's extremely prone to using heavy attacks until his yellow bar is filled. He's actually kind of clumsy with it, so use that against him and charge in while the attack is pretty much over, depending how far away you are. Just don't let him pin you to the wall. So far, his heavy seems unavoidable there. Once he reached 2 bars, he'll go for the special very soon and it's predictable. Repeat the cycle until he drops and you can get perfect scores with him decently often.

If you come across Bonecrusher without a Brawler, either use a demo like Megatron or Ironhide that don't crit melee attacks or get really evasive and use ranged attacks. Those with ranged heavy attacks are preferred.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Use the force, Luke
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Grind more in Arenas, so that you can explore many combination of "your bot vs enemy bot" and know their patterns. Like said above about Soundwave, when the S2 isn't charged and if the first hit of his melee is blocked, he will certainly throw Laserbeak. If he lands a melee on you, then he'll throw Laserbeak after the 4th hit. When he has S2, you can just stand there blocking and wait for Ravage.
    Other very predictable characters include: Mirage, two OPs, Bonecrusher, Prowl, IH, Wasp. Megatron is predictable under unblockable state but still it's hard to not get tagged. Grindor and Motormaster are very unpredictable.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited November 2017
    is this expert or hard? Shouldn't be a problem for hard if you have 4*s rank 3. Can even autoplay it.
  • Forge your bots and don't get hit. Seriously

I know but sometime my touch commands dont work like im trying to activate my special and nothing happens and i get hit or the game lags
  • And mu 4* is stuck rn i still need t3s
  • Also im not forging for duplicating puproses
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Steelbane wrote: »
    Also im not forging for duplicating puproses

Well the game is called “forged to fight”... not “duped to fight”... forging makes your bot much stronger.

Use the daily missions to practice, bring one bot for the whole mission. Don’t attack, just bait and let them attack you. Observe how they attack and try to avoid it. When you get 0 hits throughout one mission, you can try with higher and higher bots.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I do know of someone who took on expert Dinobot boss with maxed forged R4 3* OG OP so don’t let the lack of 4* stop you. Also, one of our previous players was doing D70s AM with 3 maxed forged R4 3* bots as well. Not only was he not dying, he was killing mini bosses and bosses too. He also cleared the Knight spotlight missions expert with his 3* bots as well. Pity he has quit the game to play other games cos this game was too troublesome for him (need to grind for gold).
  • thanks
    but when u rank up high there'll be no higher enemy. like everybody did once in 3* arena with maxed out 2* bots (and autofight).
    Skills should be taught but they require practice. Getting tough doesn't. Once u have a 3/5 G1 Prime, u stop worrying about a 2000+ HA-Grindor.
  • Lol i dont even have a 3 star G1 prime.
  • For now im just going to use autoplay and observe the enemy bot
  • Also just a disclaimer im not new im lvl 40 rn. Not that that means anything just that im saying im having a hard time fighting lvl 2000 bots because their sp3 obliterates me in 1 shot. I need to know how to bait their sp1. Any way to do that?
  • Also sometimes im losing and taking extra hits than i need to because the touch commands arent responding. Its rreally annoying
  • SRSLY how do we bait OG prime to use his sp1
    edited November 2017
    There are some discussions concerning special baiting but each is situation-dependent and should be used with practice. I'm quoting some tips which I found useful in adding some of mine:
    1. Press enemy in their half of the fighting area. Enemies use Specials under pressure.
    2. Kinds of "pressure": 1. dash-in; 2. a normal combo (either landed or blocked); 3. Ranged heavy knock-down and closing up distance. 4. Simply running in.
    3. Running in after knocking down (melee heavy, specials) is very useful. Often, the enemy rises up and goes for Specials. After some practice you can send a light attack (jab) when you run near which lands just when they rise up. This is called a safe hit confirm because either you connect your jab (and goes on with your combo), or the enemy goes for Special but you have enough frame advantage to block this Special.
    4. Sidestepping can be used and is seen in a lot of videos. But I rarely use it because it caught me every time.
    5. Zoning is another fighting game technique. Bots like Motormaster and Soundwave have their Sp1 with less pushing back than others: you knock down enemies with SP1, they're still within a jab reach, giving you advantage to press their rising.
    6. When AI is much higher rated than you, they tend to look down upon you and do less specials when you are desperate.
  • ok thanks
  • I used to watch what my bot was doing and my reaction times slowed down because of that. Keeping my eye on the opponent during the fight has helped me tremendously. My reaction times have sped up and now I can use my 1.2k bots against 3k bots with some effort. I need to practice more but I'm getting better.