Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Need milestones for sake of new players

Look a lot of the new players crying they arent getting enough isnt really that justified. Ive been playing the game since like march. I remember when alpha spark took 18000 raids chips for 100 essence. So they already have it easier then when i started. And its not fair to the vets if new people suddenly have multiple 4 stars a few months in. Newbies shouldnt be able to acquire the 4* of the month. And what will most of you do with an alpha 2 or tier 3 at this point. And 300k in a daily arena is not much. Its not supposed to work like that kabam is right in not giving house away.

Having said that, this ranking system as opposed to milestones will prevent this newbies from ever getting to taste those awards.

The milestones should be high, 400k, 700k, so yeah you have to be a vet with a nice team to get the good ones. But with milestones it doesnt limit how many can get it.

If we keep the ranking system in months time these newbies can have teams by then to give them 500k and more in a daily arena. However, by keeping a rank and not milestone. When these newies start scoring 650k a day, it still wont give them much because us vets will be scoring well over a mill by then.

In a nutshell this ranking system will never let the noobs hit the top 7%, because as their teams grow so do the vets and we will always be above them.

Make them high but bring back milestones or just going to discourage new players and rightly so.

Comments

• I don't see how this game is any different than any game on any console or PC those that start new will always be at a disadvantage.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    rename it to ", need moar milestones for the sake of EVERYONE playing this game " lol
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited November 2017
    The thing that is missing is a rewarding progression path for new players. Milestones would help that, or a loosening of rank rewards.

It's really awkward to see such a jump 650 shards for 5-7% and only 200 for 8-12% and 0 for everyone else. 200 per day is crazy low, that range used to get 1000 for 2 day bounty. How do we keep the 93% playing the game now? Not to mention the crazy low amount of arena crystals.

New players don't have 4*, they lose streaks unintentionally and they need to fight way more battles to get the same amount of points, but the arena crystal balancing has been calculated off of doing every battle with high rank 4* which give huge points which means less battles.

The old system, yeah maybe they couldn't get as many points or get a decent rank, but that was offset by the fact they could earn more arena crystals and maybe get some more gold or energon than someone with a bunch of 4* who just went for max points.

So at least it was rewarding for them, now they just get punished by having to put more time for the same thing, they get less value.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    New players don’t even have access to the same features as vets. I can’t auto fight an arena and nor do I get a login calendar. Milestones should definitely be implimented for more than this reason - it helps players actually invest time in the game because there is a clear reward. I know people hate comparisons with MCOC but the system there is tried and tested and they have taken so much influence from there already that they should also keep the things that actually work. They should be differentiating on features and game modes, not models like milestones and arena chips.
  • Autofight activates at level 30, I think. No idea what's up with the calendars, but I don't think it's related to "new players", I think it's just a bug
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I’m level 41. My calendar activated today - 1 month to the day after joining.