Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Different distance in Strong Attack?

I've noticed this for awhile but I was hoping to get some decent answers for this; is there a way to control the distance (if applicable to the character) when doing a strong attack?

Meaning, the distance of the attack can change when performing the attack... sometimes I can hit the opponent when they are at a further distance and sometimes I cannot (and the did not move backwards to dodge it).

I've tried different methods, such as, holding the strong attack longer and sometimes shorter, but I have not seen a definitive answer to this.

Is there something I'm missing?

This only applies to some characters, such as the ones that transform into a vehicle and slide to attack (such as Bumblebee or Optimus), but not to those who do not slide to attack (such as Megatron and Ironhide).

Comments

• that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    If I understand your post correctly, there's no real way of furthering the distance unless they are backed up against a wall. Even then, any attack whether its a heavy, basic, or special can be dodged. It's all about timing it.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Player side, there's no way to change how far the melee heavy goes. Game side, I can confirm some of your observations. Take G1 Prime for example, sometimes he hits with the front bumper, sometimes the rear when he turns back, getting the enemy at a greater distance. It's based on how the game calculates, but the latter case may make you think "wow, he has farther reach!" but in fact it's maybe the enemy wrongly sidestepping your melee heavy.

As a rule of thumb, always use your melee heavies after normal combo, so that the enemy remains in your heavy's reach. Don't throw it blindly except for sporadic range countering when you use Mirage, Windblade or Ramjet.
  • I believe that it's not the way that you hold it but how much time the enemy stays in the same place the more the enemy stays the more the likelihood of the heavy attack hitting , thus making it go farther.