Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Massive power drain

The latest update I've noticed a huge increase in battery drain.

About 20% gone in 20 minutes while playing the game. Closing the game it's about 1% every 20 minutes for like using notes, messenger etc. both instances are on wifi.

I thought maybe my battery was dying and needed replacement but I contacted Apple and they did diagnostic tests and the battery is still holding 88% of max charge (under 80% would be faulty) and has less than 500 cycles. I actually had my battery replaced with a new one less than a year ago.

The game has always been a battery killer, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced an even higher drain than normal recently?

iOS 10.3.2, iPhone 6.

Comments

• Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Terminal wrote: »
    The latest update I've noticed a huge increase in battery drain.

About 20% gone in 20 minutes while playing the game. Closing the game it's about 1% every 20 minutes for like using notes, messenger etc. both instances are on wifi.

I thought maybe my battery was dying and needed replacement but I contacted Apple and they did diagnostic tests and the battery is still holding 88% of max charge (under 80% would be faulty) and has less than 500 cycles. I actually had my battery replaced with a new one less than a year ago.

The game has always been a battery killer, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced an even higher drain than normal recently?

iOS 10.3.2, iPhone 6.

While this may not be the complete solve, you're using software build from early May. Update your phone, as the iOS software battery drain issue was solved with 11.1 update.

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Hmm, that fix was for iOS 11 drain issues compared to iOS 10.

Unfortunately, my drain issue only started recently, not coinciding with May and the only app that's been updated and used since it started is transformers.