Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

RESET BETA PLAY PROGRESS!

I know this is going to be a big point of contention for beta players, but by carrying over beta play it screws new players badly when it comes to events. I've played a lot of TF mobile games over the years, and one thing is always consistent: players who start out with a distinct advantage upon public launch maintain that advantage in events and it becomes more and more difficult for new players to compete. There is no thinning the gap between beta players and new players, and new players just get screwed very badly.

It's worse when a game launches with a 3-day event when most players won't even be at the right level cap for that until toward the end of the event, or when players are getting screwed in the arena because they're going up against bots who were able to get T1 and T2 sparks from daily events new players haven't even gotten a chance to earn. I myself am stuck in a situation where I'm encountering beta players in the arena, competing against them for the same rewards, but even though I started soon as the game publicly launched, I find myself being outranked by players who were able to earn class-specific sparks I haven't even encountered in daily events so far, and I get screwed badly out of competing for the reward. I can't buy them in the store and there's absolutely no way for me to get some of the sparks I need until Tuesday at the earliest. Class-specific sparks should definitely be made available in the store.

We're not talking about a game that has been publicly out for months now, we're talking a game that just had its public launch days ago. This is how you make newer players who got the game at public launch cheated.

In my experiences, this gap never lessens, and players who got the game at launch will be unable to compete in events with players who put the hours and money in prior. There's no catching up, and no "bonuses" can ever fix that. It just dominoes as time goes on.

Beta play should have been reset upon launch. The beta is a testing phase, public launch should have everyone on a level playing field. As much as I disliked DeNA for the way they handled their games, I agree with how they didn't allow microtransactions during beta play and reset the game progress upon public launch for all of their TF titles.

Comments

• Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    This is about the stupidest post I've read since I've been playing beta (all 4 months) you guys have easy arena brackets your top 50 players get the 3* bot where are top 1 gets it. For us to get re set would mean the hundreds of dollars many have spent would dissapear. The gap isn't even there, 15k rating... maybe? That's very easy to fill. It's not like they just gave us a bunch of free stuff we had to work for it alliance events just started a few weeks ago for us too!! Stop complaining and enjoy the game or get off it
  • Options
    FarkasFarkas Posts: 63
    edited April 2017
    You also cannot thin the gap between those that spend money and those that don't take away all money transactions too. Same logic And even if they removed beta players you would still face those same bots but it would be a Kabam team called Megatrons team or Optimus Team so your point there is invalidated
  • Options
    Also it wasn't a closed beta... if you wanted to join and gain a SLIGHT advantage you could have. Most of the people who have a big advantage spend money!! Beta or not this isn't gonna change.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Beta players aren't in same arena as you bud. And most of us spent the last 4 months playing so we could get a leg up and make the game better, you could have joined beta yourself if you were that concerned
  • Options
    CarverCarver Posts: 82
    Haha this post isn't even smart. If you're so hell bent on this fact, why didn't you become a beta player, the instructions for getting beta were so simple and people followed them and got game. It's a b#### move to complain about the beta progress when you had the same chance but simply didn't take it.
  • Options
    One more thing.... what about the people who download the game in a month. Should your account be wiped since they are at such a disadvantage
  • Options
    We will not be reseting the progress of Beta Players. The entire rewards and event system during the Beta release was tuned to ensure that Beta players will not be too far ahead when the game launched globally. This includes items and progress material, as well as getting bots, and there are still precautions in place, such as the different Arena bracket for Beta Players.

We already estimate that most players will be able to catch up and compete with our Beta players within a couple of weeks, and this is not something we think you guys need to be concerned about. There won't be a huge gap very soon, and players will have the opportunity to catch up very easily.
  • Options
    We will not be reseting the progress of Beta Players. The entire rewards and event system during the Beta release was tuned to ensure that Beta players will not be too far ahead when the game launched globally. This includes items and progress material, as well as getting bots, and there are still precautions in place, such as the different Arena bracket for Beta Players.

Except that this isn't the case. I am encountering beta players in the Arena, and going up against players who are disproportionately powerful compared to what I am able to achieve at this juncture does in fact interfere with my streak multiplier and therefore impacts my rewards. So, your precautions don't seem to be working, or are too poorly thought out, as they do impact my gameplay experience very directly.

Similarly, it would appear according to another player that newer players are going to be ineligible for the 4-star Optimus Prime in rewards right now.
    We already estimate that most players will be able to catch up and compete with our Beta players within a couple of weeks, and this is not something we think you guys need to be concerned about. There won't be a huge gap very soon, and players will have the opportunity to catch up very easily.

I don't care about "a few weeks from now". I care about the event I'm participating in RIGHT NOW. I care about not being able to participate in the event which requires a level cap of 25 and ends in LESS THAN A DAY when most players who got the game at launch will miss out on it.

That being said, the history of mobile gaming disagrees with you. There will be no "catching up" so your estimates are faulty.
  • Options
    Listen up for once, you fight an ai in arena, not the actual person, the team you face just has their name Bc it has their bots. We play npc teams maxed out and we don't complain. You have to learn how to get a perfect streak instead of complaining. You aren't fighting me in arena you are fighting my bots being controlled by the computer
  • Options
    Amano wrote: »
    This is about the stupidest post I've read since I've been playing beta (all 4 months) you guys have easy arena brackets your top 50 players get the 3* bot where are top 1 gets it. For us to get re set would mean the hundreds of dollars many have spent would dissapear. The gap isn't even there, 15k rating... maybe? That's very easy to fill. It's not like they just gave us a bunch of free stuff we had to work for it alliance events just started a few weeks ago for us too!! Stop complaining and enjoy the game or get off it

We are also participating for the 4-star bot, it doesn't say "beta participants exclusive". There was no notification that we wouldn't be eligible for the reward in-game, and we're not locked from participating. That means we wasted a lot of time - and potentially resources, if we spent cubes - for nothing.
    Also it wasn't a closed beta... if you wanted to join and gain a SLIGHT advantage you could have. Most of the people who have a big advantage spend money!! Beta or not this isn't gonna change.

Not everyone was aware of the game until public posts were being made about its launch. Ergo, it's unfair.
    Listen up for once, you fight an ai in arena, not the actual person, the team you face just has their name Bc it has their bots. We play npc teams maxed out and we don't complain. You have to learn how to get a perfect streak instead of complaining. You aren't fighting me in arena you are fighting my bots being controlled by the computer

I'm aware, but the fact that I'm fighting your bots - on top of the fact that the AI reacts inhumanly fast with dodging and blocking - still puts me at a disadvantage, because it ruins my streaks.
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Beta players aren't in same arena as you bud. And most of us spent the last 4 months playing so we could get a leg up and make the game better, you could have joined beta yourself if you were that concerned
    Carver wrote: »
    Haha this post isn't even smart. If you're so hell bent on this fact, why didn't you become a beta player, the instructions for getting beta were so simple and people followed them and got game. It's a b#### move to complain about the beta progress when you had the same chance but simply didn't take it.

The game was only recently advertised on various social media sites due to just having launched. Not everyone was aware of its existence, because not everyone lives on the internet with no lives like you guys. ;)
  • Options
    One more thing.... what about the people who download the game in a month. Should your account be wiped since they are at such a disadvantage

If you read my post, I already said that there's a big difference between participating later and getting the game on launch day. Learn to read, please.
  • Options
    Simply put, a progress reset is not going to happen, and jumping the gun and saying that it's impossible to catch up only 3 days into the release is blowing things way out of proportion. As I stated in the other thread that you started, the information you have about the Special Events is incorrect.

The history of mobile gaming is a fickle one, but we've been very careful with the progress of our players and had the global launch in mind for quite some time.

This thread is going downhill pretty quickly, so it's already come time to shut it down.
  • Options
    There is this magical thing called learning. Obviously you don't know what it is. You learn how the ai fights and you get around it. My streak goes well past 50 every arena. You are not competing in the same bracket as us. Beta players and new players have diff brackets so it doesn't matter. This info is all in plain sight if instead of complaining like a little girl every time you think something is wrong to instead maybe read a little
  • Options
    Also, the current arena is not exclusive to Beta players, they have a different bracket that you are not part of with a much more limited pool of rewards.
This discussion has been closed.