Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

AI option for Raiding?

iSunnyiSunny Posts: 20
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
Do you want to have AI option while Raiding?

AI option for Raiding? 19 votes

Yes, I want AI for Raiding
68%
iuJacobMegaKuppCakeJoker69Faithz17seeker1321MallowmanSaYnTSabugeniSunnyBooster_BlueserdoodNightgauntBobnfloyd 13 votes
No
31%
ManthroAnubisGochaBROBeerguzzlerDrShotgunLordSneeze 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    I think there's no strong reason why Raiding can't use AI option. If you are not strong enough to raid the base, AI can't help either. If you are strong enough, AI could save your time and energy. So why not?
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I'm note voting as I'm indifferent. But this has been a repeating post/request on this forum albeit answered by Kabam saying "no". The reason is "You want medals? Earn it thru skill." Raid is practically the only place that players "interact", so maybe that's why we shouldn't use auto-fight. But I'm still open for adding the option, provided that they make Raid more interesting. As of now, I never care who raided with which setup and did good/bad at which node. I never had any intention to revenge and I don't know if the revenge bug has been handled. Unless we get real rewards for successful defense, like 4* shards for starters, I'd rather sell ores for gold instead of upgrading mods.
  • Options
    iSunny wrote: »
    I think there's no strong reason why Raiding can't use AI option. If you are not strong enough to raid the base, AI can't help either. If you are strong enough, AI could save your time and energy. So why not?

Never since launch has autofight saved me time. If I trust a fight to be handled by AI then I can take care of the fight myself in less than half the time.

Like Killmaster said, this is just one more thread asking for autofight in raids in a long line of threads asking for that very thing. And everytime Kabam says no and for good reason. They want you to do it yourself. There is no skill involved in autofighting through raid and Kabam wants raiding to involve some modicum of skill. Please quit asking.
  • Options
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    iSunny wrote: »

Never since launch has autofight saved me time. If I trust a fight to be handled by AI then I can take care of the fight myself in less than half the time.

Like Killmaster said, this is just one more thread asking for autofight in raids in a long line of threads asking for that very thing. And everytime Kabam says no and for good reason. They want you to do it yourself. There is no skill involved in autofighting through raid and Kabam wants raiding to involve some modicum of skill. Please quit asking.

It definitely involve skill if you want to win a raid which is HARD for AI fighting, and it definitely save time and energy because you don't need to watch it while AI fights for you in some cases like: AI do the first 2-3 battles, and you do the remaining. So you save some time and energy on doing all of it.
  • Options
    No. Pushing autofight and letting the AI fight for you requires ZERO skill. And it doesn't save time just energy and allows you to pay little attention while AI fights for you. It trivializes raids to just another:

Hit autofight
    Check back every couple of minutes
    Move your bots forward
    Collect rewards you did nothing to earn.

At least in arena you have to eventually take control or you will be resetting your streak frequently. Raids do not get harder the longer you do them.
  • Options
    Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Keeping it short and simple: Fighting yourself takes half the time to complete as opposed to asking the computer to do it for you. If you're going to "take" something from someone, earn it.
  • Options
    NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    edited November 2017
    Bear in mind that the difficulty threshold for what the AI can handle without you stepping in would probably be lower on account of mods - I can't really see the AI being able to counter a similar rated bot with a decent mod particularly well. That would mean you couldn't always just autopilot it unless the difference in rating was so high that the outcome was kind of a given.
  • Options
    I would like to have AI fighting for raiding. I would use it when I'm given a very easy base to raid and could work while raiding.
  • Options
    No
    I don't agree with this as you are taking resources from another person. You should have to put in atl east the small effort of doing the fights to get those resources. Just because you are stronger should mean that you can not put in the time or effort.
  • Options
    The main reason I wouldn't prefer it is because whenever my game lags, it switches to auto fight mode. Considering the raid bots I face, auto fight is not an option. Even a micro second could result in that one instant KO hit. This is no rare occasion in arenas and missions. Raids are my relief from this auto fight from taking over in mid battle.

For those with more maxed out 4 stars than they know what to do with, auto fight would work just fine. For everyone else, it's a risk. There are those occasional troll bases but they're too rare to be a consideration.