Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Arena rank 60 for 3-4%, my region is dieing of players

i have increased my previous arena score but over 100,000 points and moved up to rank 60 vs 66 on my other arena. literally took me the whole day of constant playing.

when this arena format started sure you guys already took milestones away to make up and coming players be shafted.

Before i was rank around 70-90 ish and that even qualified for top 1-2% so that means player pool for arena is getting lower and LESS people are playing for these rewards,

Comments

• Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Ranks and rank rewards were suddenly changed after one day on the new 24hr system. I'm not sure why, after weeks, almost 2 months, there has been no updates or improvements and in fact all we got was a further 33% nerf losing one arena. Even though there's now more data and rewards clearly don't line up with the old rewards and effort.

A huge division has been made, only 7% get anything decent. Scoring 8-12% gives a reward so poor it's not even worth the time trying to get it.

Because 1 whole day of rewards got cut, we see the 7% playing even harder to get as high as they can for the only good prize left, pushing up the top scores but the other 93% have quit because there's nothing for them at all so the rank is a tiny number now, because 89% don't even get a 4* shard. 4% of the 93% get 200 shards.

650k over two days gave 1k shards, plus energon and extra arena chips. Any reason the 93% had to play is gone. For that score you'll either get 400 or 0 shards over two days and nothing else. It's not worth playing for those rewards at all.
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Terminal wrote: »
    Ranks and rank rewards were suddenly changed after one day on the new 24hr system. I'm not sure why, after weeks, almost 2 months, there has been no updates or improvements and in fact all we got was a further 33% nerf losing one arena. Even though there's now more data and rewards clearly don't line up with the old rewards and effort.

A huge division has been made, only 7% get anything decent. Scoring 8-12% gives a reward so poor it's not even worth the time trying to get it.

Because 1 whole day of rewards got cut, we see the 7% playing even harder to get as high as they can for the only good prize left, pushing up the top scores but the other 93% have quit because there's nothing for them at all so the rank is a tiny number now, because 89% don't even get a 4* shard. 4% of the 93% get 200 shards.

650k over two days gave 1k shards, plus energon and extra arena chips. Any reason the 93% had to play is gone. For that score you'll either get 400 or 0 shards over two days and nothing else. It's not worth playing for those rewards at all.

This, so much. I bust my tail all day, hit around 450k which in the old system meant 600 4* chips if I'm remembering right. Now? 250. I know 4* bots should be rare, but there's not much reason to play arena anymore unless I literally have nothing else to do all day.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    You got chips from milestones once in two days now you get your 250 a day
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »

You're comparing his one day score to his two day score.

To get 200 shards per day he needs 450k points per day.

So he needs 900k points over two days for 400 shards. Previously, 900k would easily put you in to 1-10% rank reward shards (can anyone remember exactly how much? 150-450?) plus 1000 milestone shards. 900k is overkill. 700k would do it.

Are you trying to say the new arena system is somehow equal to the old one?

• Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited November 2017

So he needs 900k points over two days for 400 shards. Previously, 900k would easily put you in to 1-10% rank reward shards (can anyone remember exactly how much? 150-450?) plus 1000 milestone shards. 900k is overkill. 700k would do it.

Do you freaking read anything man?
    CandKane wrote: »

This, so much. I bust my tail all day, hit around 450k which in the old system meant 600 4* chips if I'm remembering right. Now? 250. I know 4* bots should be rare, but there's not much reason to play arena anymore unless I literally have nothing else to do all day.

Very clearly stated they got 600 chips in old two day system and now 250 a day so yes a small reduction for their same effort. But this also shows mindset people still aren’t adding together the days to equal apples to apples.

You must always attempt to correct people and just like the other thread your arguing with manthro over what the op said, everyone can read the first post there and nothing is stated about percentages
  • Options
    BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    yea i know how u guys felt, i remember struggling to get 650k milestones in crystal bounty because my roster wasnt as big or strong but this new system is destroying new people from joining arena and the ones who are trying to get shards, really hinder there progresssion.

if i joined today or recently knowing arena is the main thing to grind i (based off my experience in mcoc aswell) then i would quit because i would NEVER be able to farm those 4* shards in arena.

I'm curious as to what region you are in?
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718

Very clearly stated they got 600 chips in old two day system and now 250 a day so yes a small reduction for their same effort. But this also shows mindset people still aren’t adding together the days to equal apples to apples.

You must always attempt to correct people and just like the other thread your arguing with manthro over what the op said, everyone can read the first post there and nothing is stated about percentages

Sorry, didn't mean to cause any confusion with my terrible typing. I meant 200 4* shards, not 250, if that helps clarify the math.
    I still enjoy the game immensely, and won't be quitting anytime soon. Mostly I just want milestones back.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

To get 200 shards (there is no 250 prize) per day he needs 450k points per day.

Again, I'm sorry but you aren't adding together the days properly. He said 450k over 2 days would equal 600 shards in the old system (so 225k per day). 450k is now needed a day to get 200 shards, so 900k over two days for 400 shards. This is double the effort for less, not the same effort. 900k would mean he hit all milestones so 1000 shards not 600, plus 10% rank rewards.

Let me give you another apples to apples comparison. In the old system I would score 700k over 2 days, this gave me 1-10% rank rewards shards plus 1000 milestone shards. Now, if I score 450k per day, I only get 200 shards per day. 100k more points per day for 300+ less shards per day. We have 2 days of bounty every 2 weeks just like before so this is apples to apples, right? I'm not sure why or how you think it's the same effort as before.

So yeah, I do 'freaking' read, and can count.

Regarding the other thread, we can discuss it there, but it wasn't about the OP, it was about another person who replied to one my comments agreeing with what I said about differing rates and somehow was taken as being about there are no 4* at all in the crystal or something.
  • Options
    BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Honestly even if its less, the shard milestones add much more to the game. As it gives players a goal. Younger players can see that goal and go for it.

Imagine if you just start out and have like 5 three stars.. you got no chance. None. No amount of energon you spend is going to catch up to my score let alone 700K. Now with the old system milestone topped out at 400K (can't remember exactly) in Crystal. Once you got the milestones, achieved your goal, you could stop. Maybe get a little extra and it was good. If you are new and you get those milestones, it means alot to you because you saw the goal and got it. I remember when I started, milestones meant alot to me.

Now if you are new player and you go through it let say you luck out for 8-12%. 200, 1000, 2500 respectively. Sent in the form of ingame mail. You have no milestones to look at to be like wow I did well for my 3rd arena. I get the argument for milestones more than anyone because I started there and remember the work I put in to become a powerhouse (yes I called myself a powerhouse lol). It makes sense to have them.

The rewards are argued as better but in all honesty, the long term health of the game is suffering more and more it seems like. Kabam sees dollar yes, but how long is it before people walk away? I will be here I am all in and I love the game but I am not everyone.

Sorry if I went off topic and somewhat hijacked your thread but I can sympathize @Forged2Fight
  • Options
    The final milestone was 650k. Stopping exactly at 650k would place 11-20% rank, pushing a bit further, like 700k would give 1-10% rank.
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited November 2017
    My score at Asia server. Both didn't made it to top 2%. Definitely proof of lesser players participating in Arena. Earlier with this score I would have gotten 2% rank for both.

nhw2lba762wo.png
    uwnmdlw5j21i.png
    ppojmd5dyclt.png
    6s9o2nhupq2y.png
  • Options
    I was a milestone arena player. I didn't chase rank rewards. I was only interested in guaranteed rewards for my measured effort. I would always hit all the bounty milestones. My effort put me in the 8-12% group. (650k - 11-20%, 700k 1-10%, therefore must have been 8-12%). My bracket rewards have been nerfed by over 60%, if anyone can remember the old rank reward, if we add that as well to the milestones then this % is much higher.

Yeah, 7% rank and up got a slight buff to rewards compared to the old system, at the cost of a large increase in effort, but my bracket 8-12% and everyone above me, the other 88% got completely hosed with a giant nerf to their old rewards.

The game has given two choices. Either play the same as before and get nothing, or play a lot more to get a slightly better reward.

The middle ground that rewarded 8-12% is gone. Either hit 7% or don't even bother playing. It seems many have opted to not bother playing anymore.

I'm really glad to see some of the top rankers seeing this problem now and talking about it. Because some of the other top rankers seem to think everything is fine because they're getting more than they used to, and are completely ignoring how it's effecting the other ranks which in turn effects the overall health of the game.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    It's a self fulfilling prophecy. If players don't play arena, the rank gates get smaller, which in turn makes arena less attractive to more players.

Snowball effect, whatever you want to call it.

The only thing I could see Kabam doing is recreating milestones and moving those rank rewards into milestone payouts, similar to how AM rewards are currently handled...

But I wouldn't expect milestones to be added and have the rank rewards stay as they are.