Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

THE OFFICIAL BOT BALANCING/REPAIR SUGGESTION THREAD

Comments

• Gunz0 wrote: »
    SIDESWIPE, MIXMASTER, ARCEE, SHOCKWAVE
    They suck

Sideswipe is quite underrated, all he needs is a little stat buff, increase his damage output and health. He's a quite annoying bot to fight against in my opinion, with decent power gain and frequent evasion buffs, maybe Kabam can increase his evasion chance

Mixmaster is another underrated bot, he deals massive damage if you can stack those special damage buffs

Arcee just needs more health, she becomes a monster if duped

Agreed on SS and MM. MM can take most bots from 60% health down to zero with a fully stacked buffed S3.

• FiliusCanumFiliusCanum Posts: 7
    edited December 2017
    Okay, so most of you probably already know this, but here's the rundown in case you don't. Ramjet's s2 has a thing, and I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but if you hit the enemy with the second hit of a medium combo and then use the s2, you'll find that the kick he does for his medium combo actually knocks the enemy well out of the range of his s2. This means that unless the enemy is against a wall, you will always miss the s2 if you try to go for a full combo beforehand.

So for god`s sake can we please have something done already? How hard would it be to just extend s2's range by like a few pixels, or at least reduce the his kick's knockback so it stops saving the enemy? It's even more infuriating if you look at the other demos' s2s that don't have to deal with anything like this. Ironhide's and Mixmaster's especially. Neither of them have problems with stupid range limitations, they're much trickier to dodge, and they deal tons more damage which will absolutely mangle you if you're even just a little off with your dodge timing and you're on anyone not named Mirage or Rhinox.

Sorry for the rant, but if the thing with Ramjet's s2 is just a bug, then there's really no excuse for it to have gone unfixed for this long after his release.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited December 2017
    PROPOSED REBALANCE:

GALVATRON

Signature ability change:
    Gaining unstoppable has a little thing to do with will of a planet eating planet to me, so I'll give him something that has to do with the Willpower mastery and Optimus Prime's Willpower life steal
    Galvatron gains 0.5% chance for each percentage of the opponent's mising heath to gain {keep the power gain} and life steal for the duration of that power gain buff, returning 5~10% lost health everytime he deals damage

Changes to Dark Energy charges:
    - Change the duration from 6 seconds to 10 seconds

New addition to SP2
    - Does not inflict Dark burn anymore
    - 100% chance to consume all Dark energy charges to place a Dark energy debuff on the oppoent for each DE charge consumed, each debuff drains 2% of opponent's max power over 2 seconds(with 30 charges: 60% power drained, 30% per seconds)

Heavy attacks:
    - Refreshes the duration of Dark energy charges if Galvatron misses

Passive:
    Unicronian physiology grants him 30% shock and burn resistance

Come on, he's the herald warrior of Unicron, that means he must be more powerful than other Cybertronians
    Depite the disadvantage against Tech bots, he can resist Rhinox' annoying shock damage
    edited January 2018
    PROPOSED REBALANCE:
    DINOBOT
    - I think he's a pretty underpowered bot without Swordmasters synergies because that's where most of his damage comes from
    - His armor piercing is really bad, he doesn't pierce a significant amount of armor

So here's some simple ideas:
    Armor piercing:
    - Make his non-crit attacks pierce at least 50% of opponent's armor
    Armor breaks:
    - The duration of those rebuffs are too short. 7 seconds are terrible! Make it longer than 10 seconds so his signature ability can be more useful
    Blocking:
    - Since he also relies on blocks, let's increase his block proficiency
    Special attacks:
    - Seriously, a bot who counters armor only has armor break on his first special attack? That's dumb
    - SP1: 100% chance to inflict an armor break for at least 10 seconds
    - SP2: Should not gain a crit rate buff because it will make Sword master synergies worse. Let's replace it with an armor piercing buff or a more unique buff:
    Armor Penetration: Prevents opponent from gaining any armor, if they would gain an armor, that armor buff is converted into an armor break debuff which lasts 8 seconds. Armor Penetration debuff should last for 20-25 seconds
    - SP3:
    Increase the healing amount from 3% to 5% or please increase the stacks from 3 to 5
    Signature ability:
    It has NOTHING to do with Survival
    - How to make it better: Remove the block piercing and make his attacks unblockable only. Chance: 20~50%
    His old ability accuracy is too low. Even Mirage can break blocks better than him
    - Some survivability: Like I've said before, you need to increase his block proficiency. How about this?
    - Dinobot increases his block proficiency upto 30~60% based on the opponent's lost health

PROPOSED REBALANCE:
    GRIMLOCK:
    - Grimlock is just pretty bad for me. Although he's really useful against Bonecrusher, Rhinox and Harm Accelerators, other bots like MV1 Prime gains free health from bleeds, Optimus Primal's Beast Purification synergy now makes Grimlock really useless. Not only every Beast Wars character can purify DoT debuffs, they can now do it whenever they want, then what's the purpose of Grimlock's signature ability anymore?
    - Here are some ideas on how to make Grimlock better, stronger and more useful

Signature ability: DINO RAGE
    - Not just a melee damage buff after shrugging off a DOT debuff, he should gain a little bit of defense as well, how about:
    A DOT damage reduction for each shrugged off DOT debuff, up to 100% reduction/ or immunity
    (Flat 5% reduction for each removed debuff, does not change based on signature level)

Damage:
    - He should deal more damage, he's one of the most powerful autobots, his strength can even match a Phase Sixer. 15% damage buff is not enough
    - How about this: Grimlock's limited intelligence prevents him from inflicting a crit, but when he would inflict a crit, his melee buffs are DOUBLED, until he has 9 melee buffs
    - Grimlock now gains melee buffs from attacking too, each melee buff still increases his damage by 15%, but they last up to 25 seconds based on lost health to maximize his damage
    - Burn debuffs: Keep them the same way they are, they deal decent damage

Special attack 2:
    - 100% chance to stun the opponent for 1.5 seconds

Special attack 3:
    - Regenerates up to 10% health from biting the opponent

Small changes: Sword attacks have a 30% chance to stun bleeding opponents for 1 second. This will be good on harm accelerator and against Double Edge users
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Here's the thing.. while beast wars characters can purify on demand, they still have to expose themselves to do it by throwing a heavy attack. Particularly Primal, who will lose his greatest asset: Crit armor.

Grimlock just purifies without any extra requirement, and as long as you refresh his buffs, he gets some crazy attack momentum going.

All that stun you are suggesting is also game breaking. It would be too easy to chain stun opponents indefinitely, man.

Grimlock is one of the best all around bots in the game when duped. I'm not sure why you think he needs any kind of buff.

The limited Regen on s3 isn't a bad idea, but it's pretty much an identical yet incredibly more powerful version of Dinobots s3.
  • Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited January 2018
    Would be better(op is not wrong, this is not a diss, chill) to give a benchmark bot to balance other bots with, this way its easy to agree what bots are underpowered or overpowered.

Ie. Drift as benchmark
  • PROPOSED REBALANCE:
    Waspnator:
    Unblocked ranged basic attacks also have 30% chance of applying acid, 60% damage during 5 secs.
    Heavy attacks also have 50% chance of applying stun for 3 seconds if target has acid debuff.

(personally think this adds the wasp's poison and stun theme)
  • FlavinFlavin Posts: 31
    What about GRINDOR? he seems to be only utilizied on base defence, would love to see him better suited for AM, perhaps some offensive abilities mixed in there, maybe a chance to brush of bleeds like his better brawler brothers.
    PROPOSED REBALANCE:
    Waspnator:
    Unblocked ranged basic attacks also have 30% chance of applying acid, 60% damage during 5 secs.
    Heavy attacks also have 50% chance of applying stun for 3 seconds if target has acid debuff.

These are interesting, i like.
    PROPOSED CHANGE:
    Soundwave:

Issues:
    - Unreliable/bad power control on SP1&2
    - Will probably be ovethrown by Bumblebee due to his insane power gain, just like Doctor Strange losing his value because Kabam added Hyperion into Mcoc

Changes:
    - Make his power leak and power lock guaranteed, they're not too strong. His power leak takes time to fully drain a bar of power while Prowl drains a full bar in less than a second. His power lock isn't reliable at all, while his SP3 damage sucks
    - Personally, I think power gain is the ONLY good thing about Soundwave, but then Kabam added Bumblebee, who can gain much more power than him at high signature level. This could make the game slightly more unblanced
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited February 2018
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    - Personally, I think power gain is the ONLY good thing about Soundwave, but then Kabam added Bumblebee, who can gain much more power than him at high signature level. This could make the game slightly more unbalanced
    I think you misunderstand Soundwave. His heavy -- oh his heavy -- alone, makes him shine. You can remove his power drain and power lock, but I still prefer him to any Tech bot.
    And how addition of G1Bee affect another bot of another class simply because he gains more power at a higher level? Duped G1Bee is cool to play but firstly he's exclusive and secondly, there are different bots like Prowl who gain and control power. Should Prowl be buffed then?

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    PROPOSED REBALANCE:
    Waspnator:

I love this idea too.

As an insect, I was always surprised he never got an acid debuff (a debuff that's already under-utilized in the game anyway). I was a little surprised not to see him included in the last bot update because doing something simple like this could make him a little more usable.

A lot of players don't really like his clunky playstyle and that he only relies on lowering resistances to deal demo-levels of damage so I think this would be a nice tweak to him. Maybe some kind of acid damage could be added to sp2 as well.

Thoughts?, @Kabam Miike
  • TekkaTekka Posts: 2
    Totally agree with the Waspinator ideas! He seems so underpowered compared to the other demolition bots. Even his resistance debuffs are next to useless as they don't last long enough. I've tried to like him but he is too much of a struggle when there are better bots out there. Please Kabam, give the poor insect a break and beef him up a bit.
    Been awhile since we had some re-balancing and tweaking done and I think the balancing done from the last batch did a great job in bringing some bots into the action who had otherwise been riding people's benches before the buffs they got.

We already have a bit of a Starscream thread going but I thought I'd bring it into here, along with a list of candidates who could use a potential re-balancing. My personal list right now is:

Hot Rod: his r5 ranking needs a higher % chance to trigger decelerate. This surprised me that the % didn't go up when I r5'd him.

Grindor: his sp3 is terrible and needs something more, but I don't know what. Suggestions?

Grimlock: His sp2 doesn't really do much. I'd like to see a chance to stun added.

Starscream: his sp1 could use a buff (chance to nullify?) and his sp3 needs to either add 10 nullifies (a la Ultra Magnus) with 50% less shock damage than the current 5 nullifies he gets OR keep the 5 nullifies, but add more basic damage or burn damage at the end of the attack. He's also too dependent on range attacks, IMO so I would like to see a Galvatron-esque mechanic that allows him to nullify one buff by ending a combo with a medium attack, just like Galvatron does with his crit melee.

Waspinator: I think both him and Starscream are the ones in the need of the most attention. I know acid damage has been the biggest consensus reached on what should be added to Waspy, and I agree; it just makes sense. The question then becomes, where should it be applied and how? Should it come only from his stinger attacks (heavies and sp2)? Should it outright replace his lower resistance ability? I dunno. Thoughts?

Hound: ah yes, the great divider. Some think he's fine, others think he needs a major buff. I think he does need a little something more, but not as far as some people are going. Like Starscream, he suffers from being a range-dependent fighter so I'm not sure if he needs a bump in the burn damage department or something more on the melee end to give him a little more balance. I could go either way, but I do know it's a tough call, as he's still pretty new so I think the jury still needs more time to decide.

That's all I have. Like I said, I gotta give props to the dev team for doing an excellent job of continuing to keep all the bots relevant and unique; it's a lot of pins to keep juggling in the air so thanks for taking the time to do it.

So what which bots would you guys like to see get a little TLC and what do you think they need?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Mixmaster's concussion block should apply 0.1 second stun so if you react quick enough, you can go in with a medium combo or special or something.
    5-star Starscream's leadership bonus has to be one of the most worthless bonuses in game in comparison with what I'm seeing from the other 5-star bots. At least with the other bots, the bonus can be used every fight.

Starscream's 80% chance to resist all nullifications against lower-tiered bots on the team can currently only be used when facing Ultra Magnus, Starscream, Sideswipe, and maybe Waspinator if you have UM on your own team. Starscream already needs a buff of some kind, either in the melee department or his sp1 dealing nullify damage and his sp3 dealing out 10 nullifies with lowered instant shock damage, but his leadership "bonus" (if it can even be called that; try throwaway) just continues to add insult to injury.

If you guys plan on buffing Starscream, please consider changing his leadership bonus as well to something with the same utility other 5-star bots are giving their teams. And if you're not going to change it, at least consider adding more 80% resistance chances (chance to resist power draining, crit debuffs, or burns etc.).
    edited May 2018
    Synthwave wrote: »

Grindor: his sp3 is terrible and needs something more, but I don't know what. Suggestions?

So what which bots would you guys like to see get a little TLC and what do you think they need?

For Grindor, I think his s3 needs something subtle, but very effective which will play into his ability set.... A a chance to land up to 3 permanent Crit debuffs.

On the surface it seems trivial.. but read his ability set.

For each Crit debuff, Grindor reduces opponent block proficiency by 18%.

Seems meh... Until you stack them and rain melee attacks on your opponent's block. When you pair this ability with his signature ability, Grindor can do almost as much damage to a blocking opponent as he can to a wide open opponent in certain situations.

This small buff to Grindor S3 could really give him the boost he needs without going over the top, or outside the brawler skillset.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    With grimlock, I’d like to see a change to his melee buffs. 6 seconds is just too short to maintain for an extended period of time, something like a permanent buff for purified dot debuffs only, or at least extended to 10 seconds. With the likes of primal sp1 doing permanent bleed debuffs for bleeds inflicted, coupled with beast purification, it makes grim look a lesser option. His synergies need looked at too, we have enough bots in the game to balance things out. With the old cartoon in mind, a synergy with ratchet and wheeljack (he’s in the files) being his creators could make an interesting option, maybe a slight heal from ratchet for purifying debuffs, and able to purify all debuffs, not just DOT, from wheeljack.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Synthwave wrote: »
    5-star Starscream's leadership bonus has to be one of the most worthless bonuses in game in comparison with what I'm seeing from the other 5-star bots. At least with the other bots, the bonus can be used every fight.

Starscream's 80% chance to resist all nullifications against lower-tiered bots on the team can currently only be used when facing Ultra Magnus, Starscream, Sideswipe, and maybe Waspinator if you have UM on your own team. Starscream already needs a buff of some kind, either in the melee department or his sp1 dealing nullify damage and his sp3 dealing out 10 nullifies with lowered instant shock damage, but his leadership "bonus" (if it can even be called that; try throwaway) just continues to add insult to injury.

If you guys plan on buffing Starscream, please consider changing his leadership bonus as well to something with the same utility other 5-star bots are giving their teams. And if you're not going to change it, at least consider adding more 80% resistance chances (chance to resist power draining, crit debuffs, or burns etc.).

I don't have a Starscream or any other 5* bot but I can totally see how one might feel "ripped off" with that leadership bonus. I'm really surprised Kabam would give him such a limited bonus.

Waspinator, from what I've read, gives a +10% damage to Special Attacks. So for every Special against every single bot Waspinator gives a significant bonus....what Starscream got in comparison seems utterly unfair and almost useless.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'd love to see the bots that are supposed to be huge be strong...like REALLY strong...like Motormaster. He's supposed to be gigantic...truck and trailer, towering over everyone else. Make his character reflect that, which means he hits HARD but hits slower. Galvatron needs a bit more umph behind that cannon, and Ultra Magnus wears a huge suit of armor...make him reflect that rating. His armor SHOULD act like tech shields.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    We really need a leader class. The Primes, the Megatrons, Megatronus, Motormaster, Scrapper, Razorclaw, ...whatever the autobot combiner leaders are....and yes I know those guys aren't here (yet) we can only hope for Razorclaw:)
    But the game needs to introduce the unfair advantage, but with limitations. The Transformer universe has such grand scale...from Soundwave's cassettes to Unicron.
    Make their leader ability a dup ability, only one to a team, they can only be placed on the boss mode on base for them to act as such, stuff like that...but put some scale behind it. Right now every bot is equal to the other in the hands of the right player. Starscream and Megatron are both Tacticians....Starscream is NOT in the same class as Megatron...nowhere near. Arcee can beat MV1 even with the disadvantage with the right skill set. I think this would really add some depth to the game. The "If you face a leader, you better have a plan" kind of thinking.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    PROPOSED REBALANCE:
    Waspnator:

After dealing with that awful Wasp this month I don't want him buffed at all.
    edited May 2018
    So I know this might raise a lot of hackles, given Waspinator is now a miniboss, but I know it also goes both ways here because I'm hoping Starscream, Hound, and Grindor will also get a much-needed buff along with our underpowered Waspy friend.

Is this going to be happening soon? @Kabam Miike , @Kabam Vydious

Hound, Starscream, and Waspinator are all very underpowered and with Primal now a boss it would sure be nice to have a Starscream with a little more balance in both the melee department and increased nullifies in his sp3 (with half the shock damage currently used). Hound as well could be used for facing Cheetor.

Grindor is already about 90% of the way there, he just needs a little something more in the Sp3 department.

There's other bots that could use a little bit of similar lovin' that Grindor needs (Hot Rod's higher % to decelerate, Blaster getting a higher chance to heal based on number of interference debuffs applied to enemy, etc.) but I don't think they're as pressing as the first 3 bots. Anyway, just throwing that out there (as a not so subtle hint and reminder).
  • mirage needs to hit a bit harder i think he needs a plus 20% damage increase
    mirage needs to hit a bit harder i think he needs a plus 20% damage increase

He hits hard enough, you need to throw SP3 first to activate his “Stark Spidey” mode, then you do what the desciption saids, then you get the damage

Mirage needs nothing, he is one of the most powerful and versatile bots in the game.

If you think he is underpowered, it's because you haven't figured out how to utilize him correctly
  • Manthro wrote: »

Mirage needs nothing, he is one of the most powerful and versatile bots in the game.

If you think he is underpowered, it's because you haven't figured out how to utilize him correctly

maybe its because hes rank 2
  • you guys think ratchet needs a buff idk he seems under powerd when they nerfed the poor guy
    you guys think ratchet needs a buff idk he seems under powerd when they nerfed the poor guy

He's fine as he is. His repair and power gain is decent, just...just don't get hit, my Ratchet slays Bonecrusher and Galvatron in AM (sometimes Megatron, too), he can chain-stun the opponent if you do it correctly, his SP3 hits hard like OG Prime's SP3. Oops, I talked too much, Kabam's gonna nerf him!