Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Synergy bonus logic?

I like using Arcee, and noticed that while she buffs Bayformers Ironhide with her synergy bonus, I couldn't find another bot who buffs her. That got me questioning the logic behind the Synergy bonuses and who is tied to whom.

In the TF: Battle Tactics game, squad buffs had a sort of logic to them, e.g. all Decepticons giving a +1 to attack damage, all Autobot giving a heath or a shielding buff (I can't remember which offhand), and so on. There were also very team-specific line-ups which granted various bonuses, such as a squad comp with all seekers (the Decepticon jets) and a Wreckers line-up (if I remember correctly).

At this time I don't really use the Synergy bonuses but that's partly because it feels arbitrary. Since at level 30 we can carry up to 5 bots in a squad together, I thought I'd bring up the issue of the logic behind how this operates, and seeing if maybe it can be redone in the same vein as TFBT.

For example, maybe Starscream gets a certain multiplier bonus depending on how many Decepticon air vehicles are in the squad, or if there's a particular classic team line-up like Prime getting a buff if Ultra Magnus and Elita One are in the squad with him, so on and so forth.

This way there's a certain logic to the buffs, as right now it feels kind of all over the place and it's difficult to figure out who would buff whom with a synergy bonus.

Just an idea/suggestion I thought I'd toss out there and see what you guys think. I personally feel it'd add a certain degree of authenticity to the Transformers experience for the fans that this game kind of lacks, kind of like how in TFBT you could tell a chunk of the bot dialogue in-match just felt like someone was ripping one-liners from the 1986 movie but didn't really know anything about the property (as a few of the lines were improperly quoted like someone who isn't a native English speaker didn't understand what they were trying to say, but didn't care enough to look it up).