Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Background Objects Blocking the Fight

I know these are 3D arenas and being able to break pillars, see debris fly, etc can make the fight more exciting, but I really get tired of taking unavoidable damage due to smoke, pillars, etc getting in the way. For instance, in an AM fight today, I dashed back to the edge of the arena to avoid an attack only to have a steel beam suddenly filling 90% of the view of the battle. I was KO'ed from 1/2 HP because I could not see the opponent or even see which way to move to escape the obstruction.
That is the most extreme example, but there plenty of arenas that have stuff that partially blocks the view of the battle. I think its fair to say that most of us would rather win/lose based on our skill (or lack thereof) rather than because of obstructions that hinder us but not the AI.

Comments

• Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    lmao this happens to me a lot as well - really annoying
  • Options
    Sometimes I feel like my bot trips over or get stopped by some of these obstacles. I'm sure these are taking up graphic resources as well. I agree they should be removed.
  • Options
    Frugalli88 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like my bot trips over or get stopped by some of these obstacles. I'm sure these are taking up graphic resources as well. I agree they should be removed.

I’ve had my bot get stuck on invisible obstacles before. Very annoying when I’m trying to dodge a special only to have bot not move where it should.
  • Options
    Yeah, these seriously suck. Especially the tall one in the Egypt map. I get hit while I"m trying to knock that thing over so often. It's really a pain. If they were all shorter than a normal bot, it'd be fine. The tall ones just seriously mess with me though