Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Megatron a Tactician?

I recenlty saw the in game mail on Megatron's coming. Little surprised to see that he's a tactician. I was almost certain he'd be a brawler class. I mean this works fine too, for both the character and my personal team, but that caught me off guard a bit. He looks pretty cool from what we can see. The CW version marked with the same small helmet detail I identified him with early on the teaser.

I'm interested in seeing the full intel report soon. ^^

Comments

• iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited November 2017
    I think it makes the most sense, to be honest.

Like I said in another thread, they've released bots in the past where the choice in class has been mind boggling.

Eg. Dinobot, Bumblebee, and Starscream being tacticians makes me think they didn't bother to put much research into the characters at all when they were designing them.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I was so convinced he was gonna be a Brawler since we haven't had on since Grimlock was released way back when.

A little disappointed by that. Guess we'll see how he is in-game. As usual, the descriptions Kabam uses to describe his abilities are kinda vague, so we'll see what he can do when the time comes.

First impression though: Shockwave 2.0, which I hope is not the case.
  • Seriously? Ffs, I skipped 4* dinobot because I have a 4* prime, rhinox and galv, and I thought megs was gonna give me a 4* of a different class...
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Synthwave wrote: »
    I was so convinced he was gonna be a Brawler since we haven't had on since Grimlock was released way back when.

A little disappointed by that. Guess we'll see how he is in-game. As usual, the descriptions Kabam uses to describe his abilities are kinda vague, so we'll see what he can do when the time comes.

First impression though: Shockwave 2.0, which I hope is not the case.

I dunno... He seems like the type of bot you're gonna want to take with you in AM for nasty mods, as well as spotlight missions. The way he can permanently fuse debuffs means he will systematically weaken strong opponents over the course of extended battles.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    iuJacob wrote: »

Like I said in another thread, they've released bots in the past where the choice in class has been mind boggling.

Eg. Dinobot, Bumblebee, and Starscream being tacticians makes me think they didn't bother to put much research into the characters at all when they were designing them.

I know right? Bumblebee would be more at home in the scout class along with Starscream, Dinobot in warrior.
  • @iuJacob

What also got me further into the assumption was that each new bots seems to have the advantage over the one to come for this month. Galvatron being a Demo classes over Dinobot's tactician and the Dinbot over Megatron being a brawler. Something in the form of "Get this guy to help beat the next one" sorta deal.

I mean, Tactician still works on megatron. He is the leader of the Decepticons despite that leadership being mostly through force as opposed to Prime's courage and wisdom.

I thought Dinobot would be a warrior too for both that he uses a sword and that he's given the honor aspect. It is very beneficial for the Sword masters synergy though.
    I hope he can steal buffs given by mods too. Considering you only get them for 5 second stretches, I don't think that would be too much to ask for.
    Drake6401 wrote: »
    @iuJacob

What also got me further into the assumption was that each new bots seems to have the advantage over the one to come for this month. Galvatron being a Demo classes over Dinobot's tactician and the Dinbot over Megatron being a brawler. Something in the form of "Get this guy to help beat the next one" sorta deal.

I mean, Tactician still works on megatron. He is the leader of the Decepticons despite that leadership being mostly through force as opposed to Prime's courage and wisdom.

I thought Dinobot would be a warrior too for both that he uses a sword and that he's given the honor aspect. It is very beneficial for the Sword masters synergy though.

I just assumed he'd be a Brawler class since we haven't had one in awhile and that they'd be nice and give us an obvious OG-Megatron synergy (Enemies +8% attack or defense, etc.). Bringing 2 tacs to a team to get the synergy could be weird, but if his sig is as useful as it could potentially be, I'd almost overlook the dupe tacticians on a team.
  • @Synthwave

I'm still waiting slightly less patiently for a much needed utility buff to Shockwave. Possibly a shock debuff for 25% over 8 seconds when he lands a crit. 4 to 5 stacks grants Shockwave a powerflow buff. It would be a neat tech style Windblade and would allow Shockwave to use range for damage and melee for power building. Would make some use for some masteries too.

Where have you guys seen Megatron's full ability list? It hasn't shown up for me yet.
    I was mainly referring to his sig. It's not clear if he can steal buffs provided by mods. The rest of the abilities haven't been released yet, but it looks like your basic tac package: the ubiquitous armor break mixed in with an attack debuff and shock damage.

He looks awesome, don't get me wrong; just didn't want him to be a tactician, even though it could be safely argued that, at least in the IDW comics, he's a tactical genius. I think it was Ravage who said in one issue that Megatron is always 10 steps ahead of everyone else.

And yes, I totally feel you about Shockwave. He needs something else to make him a more useful bot. the repair block ain't enough. He needs to be shock-dealing monster.
  • @Nightgaunt

I skipped dinobot for this too, but I'm going through with it. I have a rank 3 G1 Prime, but I mostly run a Decepticon team, meaning he has no synergy with any other 4 stars I have. Megatron on the other hand almost certainly will benefit the whole team sense Tacticans often carry faction bases synergies.

Depending on how he turns out, I may keep Prime for raiding or maybe even a mean little base defender. My current defense is just rank three 3 stars so it will be a nasty final boss.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    While I really wish he was a Brawler/Warrior, if I can get a 4* then I can put either Megs or my 4* UM on AM/Raid duty. Really wanna see how we plays though
    I wonder if they're giving him tac-heavy synergies, like they did with Shockwave and Soundwave and all the tech bots. Both Starscream and OG seem like obvious choices to pair synergies with Megatron.

I do question why Kabam just doesn't run the class cycle and release a new class every month. They did this with Drift and Hot Rod and now Dinobot and Megatron.

If G1 Bumblebee is, in fact, in the game files, I'm guessing he'll end up being a Scout. Maybe he'll be January.
  • @Synthwave

He most likely won't be stealing mod buffs, but Starscream was specifically stated not to, therefore if Megatron doesn't have that say so...

Personalty, his class is okay with me. If not Brawler, Tactcian was my very close second. Since I run an all Decepticon team, he's probably got some great synergies from my bots. Meagtron as a whole does suit Brawler, since he's generally a leader through power instead of wisdom. It may also be because they didn't want him to be weak against G1 Prime.

Shockwave could use more ways to apply shock debuffs. As of right now, each debuff type has a "king of". With Shockwave suppose to be filling that role for shock damage, he could use more of them.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    iuJacob wrote: »

I always felt that Windblade’s and Hot Rod’s classes were backwards.
    Synthwave wrote: »
    And yes, I totally feel you about Shockwave. He needs something else to make him a more useful bot. the repair block ain't enough. He needs to be shock-dealing monster.

Yeah, Shockwave needs to deal more shock.
  • @Drake6401

If he's a good enough bot, it might tempt me to go against my better judgment and double up on tacticians in my squad, but I'm really reluctant to drop prime from the team on account of the massive damage he can deal.
  • Tacticians are the best. Why? Because they can turn their opponent strenght against them, that's pretty cool! Even Demolitions actually can't overpass it
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Tacticians are the best. Why? Because they can turn their opponent strenght against them, that's pretty cool! Even Demolitions actually can't overpass it

I'm pretty sure the best examples of turning enemy strength back to them are: SW's reflection and Rhinox's shield shock.
  • OtriumOtrium Posts: 91
    If you want to see his abilties go to my YouTube channel Tftf leak and I leak Optimus Primal, G1 bumblebee and G1 megatron abilties!
  • iuJacob wrote: »

I suspect it has more to do with diversity within the classes rather than what best fits the bot’s history and bio.
    I was hoping to see a scout bot this month. Seems like scout and brawler classes have been the most neglected these past few months.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Bee will be coming as a scout
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Bee will be coming as a scout

That video was insanely cool. Bumblebee coming as a scout? Another bee coming to the fight? Please do tell.
  • Seeing his Bot Intel page, I'm really liking this Tactician thing now. His synergies are almost exactly as I predicted. Better actually. Those synergies are pure gold for me. Really hoping to score a 4 star Soundwave now. Since I aim to run an all Decepticon team, that anti Autobot buff is gonna be a powerhouse.
  • Otrium wrote: »
    If you want to see his abilties go to my YouTube channel Tftf leak and I leak Optimus Primal, G1 bumblebee and G1 megatron abilties!

Oh there's going to be ANOTHER Megatron? A REAL G1 with a fusion cannon and not this derpy tank G2 one?

PRAISE!