Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Stealth Nerf to Mixmaster or Bug?

Since the balance update, Mixmaster’s L3 has worked differently. Instead of stacking burn debuffs, he inflicts one burn and one acid debuff. This is a huge nerf to that attack’s damage and it was not mentioned in the balance notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• Apparently Shockwave wasn't the only underpowered bot to take a hit these last updates. Personally, I haven't noticed since I don't have a good Mixmaster. I haven't been hit by his T3 recently so I can't say.

Considering Shockwave has a similar problem now, I take it that debuff stacking is a little bugged after the update. One day these guys will get a buff but for now, the weakest got nerfed. Fantastic. xD
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    While I agree shockwave seems to have been nerfed, mixmaster actually got a significant buff.. allow me to explain.

Acid now triggers more often, and it lasts longer. Previously, you didn't have enough time to land acid and effectively combo into an s3.

You might have been able to land an s2 if you were lucky, but the s3 animation was too long, and acid would expire before mix would land his final hit on the opponent.

Now, you have the ability to stack multiple acid debuffs and land an s3, which will kill virtually any bot in the game dead instantly.

Sure, you lost some burn stacking, but the trade-off is very much worth it. Try it out.
  • @Manthro

Can't see this for my self on a common basis but, that actually seems pretty good. I always did prefer S3 attacks to have some form on strategic way to buff them instead of raw power from the start. Hence my disappointment for Shockwave having his taken away.

This also helps with fighting Mixmaster as well as using him. Mixmasters with Robot Resources are nothing rare in the raids. This helps a bit as you have more of a chance to negate the damage you take if he's clingy and gets the S3 up.
  • Perhaps it’s just from the way I play the bot. Their buff to him made my play style less effective since it’s a trade off with potential for greater damage. I’ve seen acid proc more often, but it’s still uncommon (once or twice per fight). Maybe the RNG just hates me. I’ve seen overall decrease in damage output.
  • Idk if it has always been like this but I've noticed recently that Mixmaster also no longer loses his Special Damage buff stacks if his special attacks no longer connect.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    He won't lose those buffs unless he land the last hit of any of his specials, as indicated.