Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The great escape

I don't know if this frustrates anyone else as much as me but I guess I'll see.
I hate it when I am on the attack and exactly a split second before I hit the opponent,... boom the F. does a special and it save him from the hit. This to me doesn't make sense and to top it off when specials are dodged you can't even hit the person during the special. I personally hate this. Can we fix this problem.

P.S.
To piggy back on this if someone is about to bleed to death and does a level three all of the sudden they're safe from what was inevitable. Can you make it so that this doesn't happen anymore either but having it interrupt like it does the specials, or to treat it like a backfire. Thank you for reading.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    Everything you listed is working exactly as designed.

If you dash in at a bot with a special, they can fire off the special in your face and will land it every time. I actually do this to the ai when they dash in at me. If you pause during a combo for a second or enemy evades during a combo, same thing. They will launch a special.

Specials themselves make the bot using them invulnerable during the animation. Learn to bait and dodge specials and you will learn when to counter at the end to follow up with a combo of your own.

Special 3 continues the invulnerable during special by making it so the using bot cannot die during and if the dot causing damage ends, yes, the bot will still be at 1 hp when SP3 ends. This applies to you and the AI.

Again, this is all functioning as intended.
  • I've actually never had the enemy use a special while being hit. Are tapping quick enough because there's a small window even computers miss that allows enemy action? I use it to back step out of enemy combos occasionally. Do note that because the computer doesn't press buttons and has no human based delays, they get dibs on priority every time. I've tested this on several occasions and the computer gets it's way every time and uses their attacks first before you if they want. It also seems to read that you're trying to use a special and overrides it with their own.

One little gimmick to this AI behavior is they often use a special when you'll right on them when they get back up. I best use this strategy with Shockwave against Waspinator. Throwing one light (Not medium) punch sets him off and I block the special 1, counter with a combo and hit him with my S1 with 3 charges on it. This also works for Mv2 Megatron. Block the first punch and dodge according to what ever special he used. I use this most often in raids as the AI gets more "cheap moves" there.

Now a human player would have to be spamming the special button in order to outrace that light punch when they got up, but the computer can instantly read and act within the same nano second. If you time it right, you'll be able to block before the special animation fires.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I think he means at the start of a combo. It happens to me as well, where the second I try and do a med or light attack at point blank range, they launch a special. We can’t do it because the AI is basically bypassing the need for a reaction time, like we would have to.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    The important thing to remember is that, as the games tips have flashed on the screen a million times. Enemy bots are more dangerous when they have a Special.

Better to just bait it out than push your luck.
  • AresAres Posts: 38
    I thank you for the advice, but I know about the dodging and baiting in of the specials. I'm not talking about that. @Hired_Goon I can see your point except for one thing, have you noticed with hot rod when you dodge a special you can still hit the person with a shot and trigger the deceleration. So in my head if you can do that why can't you interrupt the special period. In any fighting game regarding specials, if the guy misses you can counter. For me that makes sense. I am trying to get used to this system but habits are a little to break.
    In the end I was wondering if anyone else was annoyed by this or if it was just me. Again though thank you guys for the response
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    edited November 2017
    My favorite is when I’m halfway through a heavy attack and they activate a special. I mean, it just happens. Baiting is always the best strategy.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Same reason you can’t use a special while opponent uses special it makes then invulnerable but yes real world logic goes out window but same hand we are playing giant robot aliens...
  • Way I look at it is this. This isn't Street FIghter or Tekken or Mortal Kombat on a console. This is a basic fighter on mobile. It's a bit of give and take. Game is limited enough in what it can do. Time and experience will help a lot.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Specials are not 100% invulnerable, I've come across it multiple times. Check this image (note: it was great that the game froze for one minute for me to capture this otherwise impossible shot, LOL)
    94l27bjmwhdp.jpg

So what happened here? I did a S1 of my Prime while the nearly dead SW fired a ranged shot at mid range. We traded hits, he was KO and my Prime entered hit stun, but wait! Why did we trade hits? My Prime was in a special!

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    About "bleeding to death can be stopped by S3": enemy can do this, not us.
    I was once hit by Drift's S2, received an epic bleed and was about to bleed out. I desperately did a S3 during which my lifebar hit empty. Upon finishing the S3, I suddenly saw his sword coming out of nowhere, spinning in the air, killing me! Damn.
  • That sounds like a glitch. I've survived a couple of bleeds by popping a S3 before I bled out. It's pretty rare to be dying from DoT and actually have a S3 as most people don't bother with S3.

And as for trading hits during a special, idk. I've never had the game freeze at any point that would allow me to scrutinize. I think there are a few potential frames at beginning and end that allow for damage but the bulk is invincible.

I do have to wonder about the little UFO under Soundwave portrait. I have noticed that apps running in the background like that can cause me occasional issues which is why I don't make as many videos as I would like.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    About "bleeding to death can be stopped by S3": enemy can do this, not us.
    I was once hit by Drift's S2, received an epic bleed and was about to bleed out. I desperately did a S3 during which my lifebar hit empty. Upon finishing the S3, I suddenly saw his sword coming out of nowhere, spinning in the air, killing me! Damn.

Was the bleed still on your bot after the s3 was done?

If so, that's why. S3 will only save you if the debuff runs its course