Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is there any way to get more Dinobot chips?

Now that Megatron is available everything is all Megatron, but Dinobot is still available for a few days and I'm only about 1000 chips short of another 3-star. I am hoping there is a way to make up this gap but it doesn't look like it. Is there any hope?

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Nope.
  • IMO Kabam should offer a limited amount of chips a player can buy with energon after one of these events has ended - like a maximum of 5k chips a player can buy.

This would help those who were very close to earning the featured bot, but not give the players who spend money an unfair advantage, nor would it give free players a "hand-out" as you would still need to either earn the energon, or spend money to get it.
  • Last week, I was saving up crystals to prepare for the next bot (Megatron).
    I noticed that I just needed about 1500+ chips to get another 3* Dinobot.
    I went ahead and opened some of my daily and alliance crystals.
    Was expecting to get 1k additional from Arena so that was enough to make the purchase.

To answer the question, I don't think there is no other way.
    They have done this with the Galvatron month.
    Plan ahead, and just accept that is how they designed the system.
  • If I had known they would cut off Dinobot chips 6 days before he stopped being available to buy, I would have planned accordingly. I didn't realize they would just cut it all off like this yet still have him there to buy and me left with a ton of worthless chips. But then again, there are a lot of things in this game that don't make any logical sense.
  • I appreciate that it's frustrating, but you're thinking about it the wrong way. They haven't taken away the ability to earn chips a week before the dinobot event finishes - the dinobot event IS finished, as of today, and they're giving you a week to spend any chips you have left. They explained it pretty clearly at the end of the last event, but I can understand that if you weren't around for that, it may seem like this has been kinda dropped on you.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    We have the exact same comments about the exact same thing this month as last month...

I posted a thread about it, asking the question for clarity here:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/3009/when-is-the-last-day-to-buy-dinobot

There are two timers. The timer above the energon bundles with chips are when the feature bot chips cut off for the event end. When this timer expires, you cannot earn any of those feature chips from any game mode. The event is over.

The timer above the actual feature bots in the feature tab show how long you can still exchange chips for the bots. This timer is a few days longer to give players the chance to collect any straggler chips they have sitting in their reward stash.
  • Ah ok, well I will pay attention to that in the future. I was looking at the bot availability and assuming that was how long I had to get him which made sense enough to me.

Not a huge deal since at least I have him. Other than I spent all that time earning chips for nothing which is irritating. I already got a 3-star and another one to unlock his sig. Just wanted another one to upgrade since the likelihood of winning him in a crystal is next to zero.

If they do something for the chips that would be appreciated.