Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What The Hell Is With The AIs Today??

On almost all my fights today, the AI has been going crazy and doing way more damage than it should, while my own damage is consistently equal to or lower than it should be against a bot with a MUCH lower power rating and attack score. The fights include at least two of these things going on:
1) The enemy goes berserk, attacking so fast I can't block or do anything else before getting pummeled, even by way weaker enemies.
2) The enemy has a power rating 500-1,500 points less than me and my own attack is X2 or even X3 or more and yet the enemy is able to inflict more damage and avoid my attacks even while not moving and not blocking.
3) They sidestep while shooting (yes, they are in the middle of the shooting animation and are still sidestepping) meaning that I will get hit whether I stay still or try to sidestep. They also either backstep and completely avoid me, or my forward dash or heavy falls far short of where they are standing.
4) When my specials do go off and do hit, they are doing much less damage than normal and the enemy is surviving specials that should kill them. And I'm getting murdered by heavies and specials from weaker bots.
5) The game slows down for me and my attacks almost like its a power the AI can use against me. This usually lasts long enough for me to have my special miss and be countered with a special or heavy that doesn't miss or a huge string of attacks that land 5-9 hits before the slowness ends.

I'm not losing every fight, but the ones I do win, I barely win, often with my bot reduced to 30% health or less. That's ok for arenas, but it ruins raids for me.

On a raid note, I've also been kicked out of the raid (load screen pops up and then I go to my base), whether I'm in a fight at the time or not. That's happened about half a dozen times today.

A lot of this stuff happens every so often, but I'd say maybe 90% of my raid and arena fights today have had these things I listed happen. I've read another thread or two lately with some people saying that they would rather have bugs and problems fixed instead of having new content and after today, I'm strongly agreeing. I'd much rather Kabam take a month or so to fix the problems with the game instead of getting another bot or AM map or whatever.

Today just doesn't seem to be a good day for me to be playing this. Hopefully, I won't have these issues after today.

Comments

• AfterburnerAfterburner Posts: 21
    edited December 2017
    This game is like a lot of games - the difficulty only goes up because it basically cheats. This game has a lot of good things going for it, but they are way too many movie characters no one cares about and the game just gets stupid the harder it gets. Characters sidestep at any given time regardless, they can shoot much faster than you can from a sidestep, all of the sudden one hit drains half your bar, etc.

I also get tired of spinning crystals when the output is predetermined anyway. Spinning 20 arena crystals for 20 bundles of gold is not exciting in the least. Just give me the damn gold and be done with it.
  • What I am concern about, Is an issue that was there since the begin of the game, that the fight animations some times do not match the fight mechanics.

An clear example is: AI shoots a chain of ranged, you sidestepped first projectile and dashed-forward for basic attack, as you land the first punch/slash, AI is in animation of shooting their last projectiles from hand/guns(guns still out), but somehow successfully blocks your basic melee(no transition time).

And that's just one of the many.
  • Particularly in raids I've observed a large range of varying bot behaviors from the same bots, in the same range with similar mods and in a small medal range.

There are other weird issues with raids, possibly unexpected/undocumented interactions between bot/mods/masteries that make two bots that look the same be completely different battle experiences.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    AI is smart now. It holds on to power and prefers delaying casting its SP1,2 and 3 which is incredibly annoying when playing in AM or arena. Basically it wastes your time so that you give in to attack.. before dying to its SP3. Bad move devs.. like the game isn't difficult enough already?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've noticed the AI triggering sp3s right before they ko just to shrug off a debuff and win the match. They sidestep or they don't even bother to dodge shots and it doesn't register as a hit OR a miss...just goes right by them....AI definitely cheats
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited December 2017
    I've noticed the ai doing a light ranged attack combo in to a special since this latest update. Happened a couple of times, never happened before.

I agree about the holding. It's like sometimes a totally different ai loads and they just hold and the microsecond it's s3 they use it.