Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

OVERALL, which AM map has more fun, map 2 or map 3?

juliusjulius Posts: 66
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
There are certainly pros and cons of each map. But to your impression, OVERALL, which map has more fun?
Vote and state your reasons below. You may list both pros and cons of each map.

OVERALL, which AM map has more fun, map 2 or map 3? 47 votes

Map 2
40%
DanhansenCandKaneDavienCanuck33JagerPrimeJoker69Docholiday321Gunz0MallowmanhoolienweePromethium1JetfireValensPrimeLaprasJhn314DoomvroomBooster_Blueじまあxxerexx 19 votes
Map 3 (Ancient Sanctum)
59%
MustangjonFrench_BakerJay32tekkn1kalLordBurbamNutjobDirculesVouterKingChris2Faithz17juliusRyryssaBOFADJatinderSinghSabugenLord_TuckKittenPrimeStreetFighterDaveJL 28 votes

Comments

• Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Map 2
    Map 2 seemed to offer more internal competition as each player had opportunities to fight the mini bosses, now with 3 mini bosses separated on each side its like a chore to fight them. Map 3 has less opportunity for someone to go beastmode and rack up a huge point total if they are fighting well, or for someone to use energy if they have a bad day. Overall I enjoy the teamwork in map 2 over map 3 so far.
  • Map 2
    I like M2 because it isn't gimmicky and doesn't require defender diversity levels of planning.
  • DanhansenDanhansen Posts: 47
    edited December 2017
    Map 2
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    I’ve kept quiet on most these threads because yes things could be tweaked but map 3 is refreshing

People don’t like change it’s human nature. Map 3 takes planning, teams, and fights to an entirely different way of thinking.

Map 2 could be passed with brute force and using same few bots, you could actually clear every bot node etc with same bots. Always fight class advantages or neutral at worst. Seeing same 4-5 bots used across the spectrum isn’t what building a roster is about.

Map 3 is more about planning ahead and having right bot for the mod than its having a few bots that can take down anything. Once everyone masters the needs starts expanding their rosters this map will be easily passable as well.

Open our minds and dust off some those bots everyone said had no use and find what works best. Yes people going to have to use items early on it’s called learning. Very few can clear expert spotlight without using items. But each pass through spotlight gets easier as you learn the fights.

This will also make everyone better fighters that challenge themselves because you will have to use different tactics then range dash hit hit hit special repeat now.

As well I know some complain that they can’t work as “team” to carry weaker players or inactive ones. Well this is time for people to find like minded and skilled alliances that they fit into. For those that like to carry others and let dead weight hang around I guess stick with map 2

And I think people was fine with potentially just running map2 and carrying “weak players”, like people with jobs and people with a life. I also think some enjoy playing with friends where there may be an imbalance and it would have been fine if map2 had not been limited to level 65.

However, it is december, I think it is fair to assume, some will be occupied to go do something once in a while and I think the core problem with map3 is that it requires movement from everyone multiple times and each player have to fight a high number of bots.

But if every alliance can easily find 18 players, ready multiple times a day, 4/7 days a week, a player who never takes a day off and who can handle the excact same level of bot as the other 17, that is great.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    my life for aiur..i mean the Allspark !

map 3 does present a nice challenge but yeah does not leave much room for mistakes.. i would so gladly pay for an undo move potion, even if its just limited to one use only per AM run.
  • Map 3 (Ancient Sanctum)
    Danhansen wrote: »
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    I’ve kept quiet on most these threads because yes things could be tweaked but map 3 is refreshing

People don’t like change it’s human nature. Map 3 takes planning, teams, and fights to an entirely different way of thinking.

Map 2 could be passed with brute force and using same few bots, you could actually clear every bot node etc with same bots. Always fight class advantages or neutral at worst. Seeing same 4-5 bots used across the spectrum isn’t what building a roster is about.

Map 3 is more about planning ahead and having right bot for the mod than its having a few bots that can take down anything. Once everyone masters the needs starts expanding their rosters this map will be easily passable as well.

Open our minds and dust off some those bots everyone said had no use and find what works best. Yes people going to have to use items early on it’s called learning. Very few can clear expert spotlight without using items. But each pass through spotlight gets easier as you learn the fights.

This will also make everyone better fighters that challenge themselves because you will have to use different tactics then range dash hit hit hit special repeat now.

As well I know some complain that they can’t work as “team” to carry weaker players or inactive ones. Well this is time for people to find like minded and skilled alliances that they fit into. For those that like to carry others and let dead weight hang around I guess stick with map 2

And I think people was fine with potentially just running map2 and carrying “weak players”, like people with jobs and people with a life. I also think some enjoy playing with friends where there may be an imbalance and it would have been fine if map2 had not been limited to level 65.

However, it is december, I think it is fair to assume, some will be occupied to go do something once in a while and I think the core problem with map3 is that it requires movement from everyone multiple times and each player have to fight a high number of bots.

But if every alliance can easily find 18 players, ready multiple times a day, 4/7 days a week, a player who never takes a day off and who can handle the excact same level of bot as the other 17, that is great.

All I hear that your alliance hasn’t put in the time to be ready for map 3. Lvl 65 is plenty for a group that isn’t full commitment.
    My recommendation is to either join alliances that are, or create one.
    It’s fine to play with “busy”(slacker) friends, but that’s your choice and thus u deal with the limitations of that decision.
    It’s basically, you want to excel or you want to play with the complacent
  • DanhansenDanhansen Posts: 47
    edited December 2017
    Map 2
    Well Ryryssa, then let me repeat
    “(...) it would have been fine if map2 had not been limited to level 65.”

All I hear you say, is that the new map suits your alliance and that is great, play it. However, why restrict the alliances where the map does not suit them?
    Am I not allowed to play at a higher level because I do not play with 18 equals lol

Currently it is playing with 18 equals or be stuck at level 65.
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Map 2
    I voted Map 2 but I am excited for map 3 and my alliance isn't going back to map 2 ever. But the title of the thread is which map is more fun and I certainly was having more fun in map 2. the discussion isn't about which map is better for alliance development or rewards. so for the time being (maybe until the alliance has ranked all the appropriate bots) map 3 is nowhere near as "fun" as map 2 is. Next week maybe that will change with some tweaks here and there, possibly a better reward structure and maybe starscream wont kill us with one slip up. time and rosters will make map 3 better in the long run.