Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How hard are we thinking it'll be to dupe a 4* Megatron with chips?

I'm currently sitting at just under 50k chips, having saved up crystals for most of last month and opening them all on day one of the Megatron event. Haven't done full exploration on any spotlight missions yet, so still got all those to play for (currently only have a team capable of doing chapter 1 of the expert missions, so that'll limit me a bit). I should be able to hit all the milestones on the arena weeks, though I doubt I'll be hitting any tip top ranks. I'm in an alliance that's ranking in the mid 200s on some of the AM events, and I've got 2500 energon saved to put towards raid week. I'm also bearing in mind that the current event is longer, so more opportunity for chips from dupes, etc.

I'm assuming a second 4* will scale the same as the 3*, so it'll be 150k for the dupe, 250k total.

What do we reckon, is 200k in about 4 weeks out of reach?

Comments

• This dupe will cost same as any month feature bot
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    it's 140k for the dupe IIRC. and its a tall order to get there, you better hope you get lucky with some 4* dupes along the way.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    I got a dupe of galvatron but did not with dino I also had only one 4* dupe during dino but it takes some luck and spending or crystals saving to get dupes
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited December 2017
    Terminal wrote: »
    As a theoretical maximum, before raids:
    AM Diff 100 x2 inc. milestones - 25,004
    Rank 1-10 x 14 days + milestones - 52,500
    All spotlights including Expert 100% all chapters - 25,000
    Calendar - 3,750
    Total: 106,254

143,746 more needed to dupe.

To fill the gap, 479 raids @ 2k medals, 68 raids per day, average 7 minutes per raid, 8 hours of raids per day.

The only way anyone is getting it is via dupes, the feature has really only been added for spenders so they have something to do.

This question was asked in my guide.

We don't know how many map 3 adds over map 2, but based on everything, it's likely not going to be much.

Basically, there's no way without duping about the full 140k.

There's a very strict and finite amount of chips being offered besides raid, and because of time even that has a limit.

The dupe is just designed as a money sink for people opening crystals, you can't get it through gameplay.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited December 2017
    mehhhh
  • I got a 4* Dino through game play and crystal openings with about 11 days to spare and then I didn't attempt to dupe him because it would be damn near impossible to do it without buying the large energon pack and I'm not super big into loot box gambling.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Going F2P and getting a 4* and a duped 3* through a bit of devotion is -- possible.
  • Finally having five 4* bots makes arena so much easier. 13 series in and I'm 3/4 the way to 320k. I cannot imagine how much easier it would be with ten.
  • Thanks for the info @Terminal, I think I'll redirect some of the energon I've been saving into a few Megatron crystals, see if I get lucky.
  • I don't think it is possible for most people. First u must have all the 4str available in 4str crystal cuz 10k chips is a major setback if u r going for dupe. Then you have to spend some energon in raid weeks to get most out of it. Do the expert spotlight and run high difficulty in am.
    I will not say that one should not try but you have to be super active and lucky.