Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alliance Mission Map 3 - Ancient Sanctum Update

Comments

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Trailfire wrote: »
    I honestly don't find Energon Storm the hardest part of Galvatron fights. All it does is ensure I use sp1 quickly. It's being ko'd in 1-2 hits that hurts, along with his AI being very difficult to create an opening with. Sure, that means I'm getting hit so I can't claim to be playing perfectly, but I guess I'm saying I'd consider hastening slowly with any changes.

Does the data show people dying from energon storm, or from a couple of insanely buffed attacks? It can be hard to tell as a player what the problem is sometimes, and ultimately we only get anecdotal evidence anyway. Testimony from observant players is part of the story, but only part

Because of Randomizer the fight is going to run differently every time so it's subjective. I practically did not get hit but because I couldn't get an opening energon storm just ticked away on an already damaged bot. Trying to use s1 without an opening just leads to a counter.

It's the combination of all three mods and Galvatron's AI behavior that causes the problems. The cycle resist fights tend to last longer, combined with his tendency to block it draws out even more allowing randomizer to build up and then it can be any number of things, crazy melee buffs, energon storm, etc. Perhaps a bot with more aggressive AI to provide more openings but as-is it's a beyond frustrating fight.

• Morning Everyone!

With AM running over the weekend, it looks like everyone had a chance to truly run through it smoothly. I've read your feedback on map difficulty and pathing and those will be my top priorities for this week. I have some ideas as to how to tackle this with a short turnaround time. I'll discuss this with the team and get back to you guys with some deets.

Again, thank you everyone for the feedback.
    Morning Everyone!

With AM running over the weekend, it looks like everyone had a chance to truly run through it smoothly. I've read your feedback on map difficulty and pathing and those will be my top priorities for this week. I have some ideas as to how to tackle this with a short turnaround time. I'll discuss this with the team and get back to you guys with some deets.

Again, thank you everyone for the feedback.

Appreciate your responsiveness. While you’re looking at the map itself can you also look into the possibility of adjusting AM times. The old time and even the mid day start due to the issues worked wat better than the current.

When alliances and BGs themselves have mixed times like NA and Asia having time to wake up and complete the map are critical. With the solo lane layout issues of waiting are even more prevalent. Over the weekend we had multiple NA people have to stay up into late hours or waking up at 6am to finish. TBH no one is buying energy refills for AM there is almost never a point in being able to move one node.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    This second week of the map went much smoother for me and my alliance. However, I still object to 6 paths. The reality is that is does not give any wiggle room. I think for hard core gamers it is fine, but the majority of the feedback I have read here thus far and feedback within my family alliance is not a fan of 6 paths. I don’t expect this will be changed anytime soon. I understand the work involved to rework the map. I also realize there are some with a different mindset, but I wanted to voice my opinion.

On another topic, I have found the megatron boss to be an interesting challenge. It takes skill and strategy, but it is also manageable. I can’t say the same for some of the mini bosses. One thought I had is to make the 3 different mods they have into phases like the megatron mod.

I think the Starscream miniboss is OP. Every 10 seconds you need to inflict burn while remebing to land a melee every 6 seconds. Having 2 timed mods on a bot is a bit crazy. My suggestion to turn them into phases would solve the problem.

Lastly, I think as a rule of thumb whenever you pair a bot and mod together that have the same abilities it has pontenial to be OP. The 2 I am thinking of are prowl on the power gain mod and Ratchet and the ranged/shock mod (if you can’t tell I always go left in the map).

edited December 2017
    Lapras wrote: »
    On another topic, I have found the megatron boss to be an interesting challenge. It takes skill and strategy, but it is also manageable. I can’t say the same for some of the mini bosses. One thought I had is to make the 3 different mods they have into phases like the megatron mod.

Interesting and reasonable idea. I hadn't thought of this for some reason. Add this to the options considered. It would actually result in less changes but that would be a fair idea for minis. This would make Galvatron and MM much more reasonable yet still challenging and would limit the amount of time Galvatron has for Randomizer and Energon Storm... I like this idea.
    @Kabam Karma some good short term fixes. Appreciate your communication. Since you seem to be reviewing a lot and it is of great utility on the new map please have a look into the Magnus nullify issue. It would make a world of difference in his usability against melee buffs/mods.

Thanks!
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Seeem like sensible quick fixes, thanks!
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited December 2017
    TBH I think this is sort of a be careful what you wish for scenario with Galvatron. The health change would have probably been plenty to balance him compared to the Megatron fight.

The new direction with randomizer, though, could really make things far more difficult. It's like if you're trying to get the temperature right on the water faucet, and its a bit cold, so you just turn the cold off completely and put the heat on full blast.

It basically will function almost like an enrage timer, now -- which should be fine on the randomizer lane, but could be really annoying with Galvatron, given that he still has the rotating resistance buff.
  • DeePrimeDeePrime Posts: 82
    edited December 2017
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    TBH I think this is sort of a be careful what you wish for scenario with Galvatron. The health change would have probably been plenty to balance him compared to the Megatron fight.

The new direction with randomizer, though, could really make things far more difficult. It's like if you're trying to get the temperature right on the water faucet, and its a bit cold, so you just turn the cold off completely and put the heat on full blast.

It basically will function almost like an enrage timer, now -- which should be fine on the randomizer lane, but could be really annoying with Galvatron, given that he still has the rotating resistance buff.

I think that randomizer is going to cause more issues as like tek said, it will become a case of end the fight quicker or risk a greater amount of damage. I'd rather hit a bot 10 more times and eat a couple punches over having continuous stacking damage. We shall see when a.m. commences how it goes.
    Then you must not have run into randomizer on galvatron where he stacked almost all resistance buffs. There were points that i could literally do no damage to him with mirage because of melee and energy resistance buffs. I spent three minutes and did about 25% damage. Revived and he mostly got damage buffs and killed him easily even with me starting with less health working around cycles. Randomizer alone could have been fine like the solo lane, when combined with the other mods like cycle and his AI, something had to give. It wasn't hitting him 10 more times but rather 50 or more. Combined with less healthier overall and slower stacking it should be more balanced.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited December 2017
    I fight Galv pretty exclusively in my BG... I've had to time out and come back again, but it made for an interesting fight with the right bots. I enjoyed it as it was, and I think the 1/3 health drop would have been enough to balance it with the other mini boss fights.
    I fight Galv pretty exclusively in my BG... I've had to time out and come back again, but it made for an interesting fight with the right bots. I enjoyed it as it was, and I think the 1/3 health drop would have been enough to balance it with the other mini boss fights.

But should the design really force you to time out? There is still strategy in having to work around the fixes but the chance for the randomness of a near impossible fight is gone. If you were using a bot like Ratchet and timing out is your strategy that's one thing. Not being able to do damage and spending 5 minutes dancing around seems like a design flaw.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509

What he said. All attack buffs just make you hit pause as soon as you get a combo to the face on first hit instead of giving it a go.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    about that map.. less is more.
  • KingredKingred Posts: 5
    edited December 2017
    6peq656ysifr.jpg

@Kabam Miike

Why does galvatron have cycle resist mod when that mod isn't even in section 3? Shouldn't he have gain armor 3, energon storm, and randomizer 3?
  • Kingred wrote: »
    6peq656ysifr.jpg

@Kabam Miike

Why does galvatron have cycle resist mod when that mod isn't even in section 3? Shouldn't he have gain armor 3, energon storm, and randomizer 3?

I got this one!

Hey Kingred. The reason we ditched Gain Armor on this encounter is because Gain Armor requires very specific bots to counter. There is no relief from this buff otherwise. Imagine not having OG Prime or Starscream available. You would literally not be able to do any damage after a few stacks. This is the same reason we removed defensive buffs from the Randomizer. With Cycle Resist, you're still able to do damage, but you'll have to adjust your strategy throughout.

• LafozaLafoza Posts: 28

I got this one!

Hey Kingred. The reason we ditched Gain Armor on this encounter is because Gain Armor requires very specific bots to counter. There is no relief from this buff otherwise. Imagine not having OG Prime or Starscream available. You would literally not be able to do any damage after a few stacks. This is the same reason we removed defensive buffs from the Randomizer. With Cycle Resist, you're still able to do damage, but you'll have to adjust your strategy throughout.
    I strongly support this change . Gain Armor was imposible to deal with after first min of fighting Galvatron just stop taking dmg. Now is much better you just need to watch what buff he have and use proper attacks to deal with that.
  • PodlecPodlec Posts: 12
    Why new updates dont work on my account?Grimlock had damage from energon storm. Bladgen is first miniboss. :((
  • Podlec wrote: »
    Why new updates dont work on my account?Grimlock had damage from energon storm. Bladgen is first miniboss. :((

Hey Podlec! So, Bludgeon is still supposed to be a mini-boss. The change was for the encounter with the Increased Buff Duration node that used to be Megatron Cinematic was swapped for Bludgeon last week.

Also, Grimlock still takes some damage from Energon Storm until he Purifies it. He'll take about 2 ticks of damage before this happens. I'm sure your Grimlock also has his Sig Ability activated, right? :)
  • PodlecPodlec Posts: 12
    All is works! Thanks!
  • edited December 2017
    We found it hard to estimate the score in 100%。
    E.g: The score that we have completed in map3,
    Multiples of 32.55X difficulty 14 map each group scores about 191800, the base is about =5890x32.55.
    Multiples of 42.59X difficulty 21 map each group scores about 237038, the base is about =5565x42.59.
    Even difficulty 12, we had 177400 and 166600 respectively in each group in 100%.
    How to estimate different difficulty of AM Our scores in map3 made me very confused.
  • tekkn1kal wrote: »

So how are you guys feeling now after a couple weeks?

To me it is exactly what I predicted. Randomizer lane is way easier, Galv himself is a huge pain in the ass. Zero room for error after 1 min in to the fight. You eat a heavy / combo / special, you're dead. You really can't even take block damage or it messes you pretty bad.

Like I said before, this was a fun fight that broke from the norm. Now its just another "dance around and don't get hit or you are dead", which is basically every fight in the game. This is not a positive change. Yes more bots can do the fight now, but it isn't FUN anymore.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Has there been any updates on path recalls? This is still very vital in case of freak accidents that may occur.
  • Kabam should offer a quit/Exit option without losing the current progress and rejoin so players can continue to their path again .
    Or color the paths that have been used
    Existing blue color used path can vary red or green . @Kabam Miike @“kabam karama”
  • Another option would be to have a "Leader" assigned when the AM starts, and then the Leader can assign people to specific paths that they are unable to deviate from.

This would prevent people from accidentally going down a wrong path, and give more control to the person running the show as to who they want to go down what paths.
  • Stitch626 wrote: »
    Another option would be to have a "Leader" assigned when the AM starts, and then the Leader can assign people to specific paths that they are unable to deviate from.

This would prevent people from accidentally going down a wrong path, and give more control to the person running the show as to who they want to go down what paths.

We infact do that but we are human we still make mistakes :neutral:
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    @Kabam Miike what kind of changes other than start time should we expect this week?
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Would be nice if there are mod changes to switch things up a bit.