Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

4* Dinobot, Starscream or Megatron (OG) to R3?

Hi, I'm looking for thoughts on which is better to rank up. I need another Tactician, currently only have Optimus at R4.

I can't get a sense of which is better since I have them only at R1.

In terms of synergy, I have better for Megatron with Soundwave, and not much for Dinobot nor starscream.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I really dig Dinobot. Team up with Windblade & Drift/Bludgeon to have an aggressive 3-class Swordmaster team. I saw in a clip in which WB deals 20K damage with her Sp2 and another screenshot with Dinobot dealing 10K+ damage on Sp1. If I translate that Synergy for you, it means "every hit is a critical hit".

Dinobot himself is easy to play, just stick with his S1 and be aggressive.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    While dinobot is inarguably very fun to play, he doesn't have close to the amount of utility as G1 Megatron or Scream.

It's a difficult choice between Megs and Scream, and since you already have G1 Optimus, I would suggest Scream even though Megatron clearly has more layers to his game (and he is ultimately the better bot)

The reason I suggest Scream is his unique skillset... OG Optimus and Mega are quite similar, with the difference between them being that Optimus delivers with brute force, while Megatron is more tactical in his application, having near equal results in the end.

Dinobot comes a distant 3rd to either of them, unless you can build a full swordmasters squad.
  • Options
    Synergy should do most of the talking in this case. These are some equally efficient bots. Personally, I loved Megatron as soon as I just got a 3 star. I have a special stockpile to instantly shoot him up to rank 3 when I get a 4 star.

I personally haven't really liked Dinobot. Feels a bit clunky at times. I think he makes a better defense bot since he has a higher tier AI. Starscream would be my second choice. He's a savage once his ability is unlocked. He can nullify Rhinox's shields and stop Motermaster in his tracks.

Megatron is great for long term combat. Better than Prime is a few ways. He can apply a permanent armor break much earlier and along side that, he can tack on an attack debuff and permanent shock damage. He can also apply an energy debuff if you have Shockwave on the team. Be sure to maintain his fusion cannon charges. If you have just one left and nothing to fuse on the enemy, go ahead and fire it so a set of three can rebuild.
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I tested Megatron out for fun in RoK and was pretty pleased with the results against Grindor.

At r4, his sp3 when fused deals around a permanent 100 DPS. Once you have all three debuffs fused to an opponent, he can really take charge too. Even at sig 5, he still has a 20% chance to steal buffs, which may not sound like a lot, but keep in mind you're lacing together combos of 4 and 5 hits typically. At one point I had stolen 4 or 5 stacks of Grindor's armor, which pretty much made Megatron unstoppable, while Grindor had permanent armor break, attack debuff, and shock applied to him non stop.

In the end, it was the lag of the game that got me (ten minute battles really heat up the phone), but Megatron had taken off half Grindor's health. I'm confident that had the lag not been a factor, I could've finished him off.

I do see the love for the Dinobot/Windblade/Bludgeon/Drift synergy though. In the end though I just think Megatron is more fun to use.
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Megatron
  • Options
    Starscream by a mile. I could see a case for dino and synergy, but straight bot comparison, scream much better than the other two.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Posts: 8
    Cool, thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Aside from synergy, I think it's also important which ones are dupped. I wouldn't consider Dinobot unless you have a Windblade, Drift, or Bludgeon on your AM team.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Posts: 8
    Yeah I don't have any duped. Just need a tactician as I'm having a lot of trouble in raids and AM against brawlers.