Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Rhinox Timer

Can Rhinox get a visual timer to show when his shield buffs recharge?

Tagged:

Comments

• Yes please!
  • HoldonHoldon Posts: 58
    I would deff agree..
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I applaud this idea, make it like the cycle resist icon or something, tired of throwing a special just in time to hit a shield.
  • I would like that for both using and fighting him. I typically only use specials after applying a combo that broke the shields.
  • Hey Guys,

Talked to the team about this, and here is why there was no timer with Rhinox's Shield regeneration:

"The intent of the shields was to protect Rhinox from Special Attacks, and we found that when players could accurately gauge when the shields would come back online, they would play around that. While that makes sense from the player perspective, it defeats the design intent of Rhinox. The optimal strategy is to initiate a special attack, following deactivating his shield."

Then they made a joke about how the Enterprise doesn't tell the Klingons when their shields are coming back online.

That all being said, it doesn't mean that this might not change in the future.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Great, now I'm imagining the Klingons and Kirk/Picard doing one of those "After You! No, I insist!" politeness contests.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Hey Guys,

Talked to the team about this, and here is why there was no timer with Rhinox's Shield regeneration:

"The intent of the shields was to protect Rhinox from Special Attacks, and we found that when players could accurately gauge when the shields would come back online, they would play around that. While that makes sense from the player perspective, it defeats the design intent of Rhinox. The optimal strategy is to initiate a special attack, following deactivating his shield."

Then they made a joke about how the Enterprise doesn't tell the Klingons when their shields are coming back online.

Isn't this the same for Mirage in a way? His shields protect him from specials but you see the recharge timer on his.

The recharge timer would also help those playing with Rhinox, not just against.

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    JKL wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Isn't this the same for Mirage in a way? His shields protect him from specials but you see the recharge timer on his.

The recharge timer would also help those playing with Rhinox, not just against.

Exactly. Why would Mirage be any different. I s1 constantly to keep his shield in check.