Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Reflect Getting Old

I finally got around to the last expert mission and reflect on Megatron? Can you come up with a newer or more original idea than reflect? It was on Dinobot too. It's a cheap mechanic and takes the fun out of every fight that has it. I feel like it's a cheap way to make the boss stupidly difficult.

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    kranders wrote: »
    I finally got around to the last expert mission and reflect on Megatron? Can you come up with a newer or more original idea than reflect? It was on Dinobot too. It's a cheap mechanic and takes the fun out of every fight that has it. I feel like it's a cheap way to make the boss stupidly difficult.

100% Agree with you mate, don't forget he also heavy spams every 2 seconds so it's impossible to get an opening.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah that's been the mod du jour lately with Kabam and I agree, it is kind of a cop out that they just sort of phone in. I'd appreciate something more along the lines of what they did with the last Prime Challenge or Knight Challenge or whatever it was.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    kranders wrote: »

100% Agree with you mate, don't forget he also heavy spams every 2 seconds so it's impossible to get an opening.

Exactly. I want a challenge but these last two have just been dumb. Dinobot did damage and break when blocking so killed dashing in and Megatron's heavy is just dumb. After he heavied I was close enough to try a combo and he just backsteps into a heavy again. Might as well have evade on him. I don't mind spending on something that is challenging but this is just $ grabbing.
  • HoldonHoldon Posts: 58
    I found that my og op did very well against meg. In expert spotlight.. I had to be quick with my fingers and use a boost or 2 but nevertheless the outcome was a good one.. his spam heavy is deff avoidable. Thumbs like the flash.. hehe
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited December 2017
    Reflect mod is annoying, no doubt... But... I shudder to think what they would replace it with.

Probably the heavy block power gain mod which is 1000000x more annoying than reflect.

I'd stick with the evil I'm accustomed to, lol
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    It adds to the variability of play style and forces you to come out of the cozy "tap-tap-dash" zone. It's fun while being a PITA nonetheless.
    I still hate the power gain mod on Grimlock (Galvatron Spotlight) more. I prefer attacking and getting retaliated on my face to being forced to coward in the corner.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Motor SMASH.
  • I wish I could play at the expert level. My fingers aren't that great yet.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Get more r4 bots then expert spotlight will be easier to deal with. Last chapter last room definitely need to spend energon on it. I myself spent total of 300 energon just to complete the whole thing 100% for expert. Some did it without energon at all so it's possible.