Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Awakening deal in store. Good?

2»

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Dinobot is good, no doubt about it, but a duped Megatron can counter EVERYONE. Play smart, bring Shockwave to fuse a power debuff, and you can forget about the class chart completely. An S2 cripples Demo, Warrior, and Brawlers. S1 crushes Tacticians and completes the Brawler destruction, and fusing an S3 early enables him to face down bots at 2-3× his PI.
    If it wasn't half the price of Disgaea 5, I would've snapped up that 4* Awakening in a heartbeat.
  • I dunno, if you are talking about a lengthy fight that's more time for more swordmaster procs to go off, which again far outweigh one endless... well, ANY buff Megatron has. The only reason this isn't intuitively obvious is because in a non long fight it is over so quickly that there wasn't time for more than one swordmaster proc, so you don't really tend to compute multiple staggering blasts. The only time... the ONLY time... you'd prefer megatron is in a lengthy fight in which the buff steal ALSO did some good. Which goes right back to why I am saying he is this games Loki. You can find situations (that granted are not so rare they are once in a blue moon) where he would really be cool... but that's the whole point, he's situationally great, 80% of the time NOT the best option (he's Loki).

You would definitely need him duped for him to even be in the comparison, but again... it's the exact same mechanic and almost the same odds that make dinobot unblockable vs. megatron stealing a buff (for only 5 seconds). I think there is definitely some "newest bot" overblown excitement for sure with the new Megatron going on :P.

Starscream and OG Prime are both also better, but I won't get started :P
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Meh to each his own, I suppose. I'm figuring out how to routinely thrash bots I have no business surviving with Megatron, something I've never been able to do with Dinobot.
    Bottom Line: One man's trash tier is another man's frontline fighter.