Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

T3C offer

Full price for a chance at a random t3c and only what, 4/5 of a single t2a? (ignoring the gold crystals, worthless)

Becoming more and more like MCOC every day. To quote a well known youtuber, "MILK THE WHALES"

It was only a few weeks ago that we could pay that amount and choose the t3c we got... we aren't all amnesic you know!

At least make every similar offer as good as the last (although better would be nice)

Thoughts from all are welcome

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Some fools probably going to fall for it lol
  • TechnosTechnos Posts: 29
    Well, three months ago it should have been a good deal.
    But after the holiday deals, you can't believe this is the deal. Looks like they forgot something. Like getting 2 t2a instead of 7500 shards and 500k gold instead of some gold crystals.
    This deal doesn't make sense in any way. I know for sure if they had let us pick the t3 class spark we wanted they sold a lot more...
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited January 2018

if we could choose the t3c, I would be the biggest fool going. But given that my only rank 4 bot is drift and buying that offer would just about get me to a total of 2 t2a... It would leave me a 1/6 (I think, not sure how Kabam odds work, should be 1/6...) chance at a second rank 5 and then being stuck with two R5 and loads of R3 for a long long time, it's a tough call. Decisions decisions!

Seriously though, how many people are at a point where they have a rank 4 of every class, which is surely the only scenario that makes this a worthwhile purchase? I know Manthro does. So one. Anyone else??
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I agree with the above posts. Either something got left off the deal or they just flat out posted the wrong promotion.

A random T3C that might give me what I already have, 3/4 of a T2A and some gold at this point in the game should not be $100. Make it so you can pick your own, throw in a full T2A and the gold and then you're getting closer to the mark.

I'm hoping players will vote with their wallets on this one and keep them closed and that next time the offer will be more on par for where the majority of the player base is currently at.

wow, it really is only 3/4 - I have 8k myself hence my confusion lol. I really do know fractions.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Synthwave wrote: »
    I agree with the above posts. Either something got left off the deal or they just flat out posted the wrong promotion.

A random T3C that might give me what I already have, 3/4 of a T2A and some gold at this point in the game should not be $100. Make it so you can pick your own, throw in a full T2A and the gold and then you're getting closer to the mark.

I'm hoping players will vote with their wallets on this one and keep them closed and that next time the offer will be more on par for where the majority of the player base is currently at.
    Keeping mine locked. As tempted as I am for a 6th R5 ....
  • I was standing by in line at at a store, when I saw the price, and everyone around me gave me a look b/c I literally lol'd.

I'm sorry but that is beyond too much. At that price you should be able to not only rank up a four star, but max a couple of 3 AND 2 stars as well, and still have something left in your inventory. Heck, they couldn't even throw in a couple of awakening and signature programs too.

I mean damn, they are digital items..... it's not like somebody is handcrafting the friggin things individually somewhere.
  • Username819273943Username819273943 Posts: 85
    edited January 2018
    For very long time, I am just wondering these offers ever considered simple Economics:

$:
    [~1% of players each $100] < [~10% of players each $50]

happy players happy profits, did I miss somthing?
    Dircules wrote: »
    Synthwave wrote: »

Keeping mine locked. As tempted as I am for a 6th R5 ....

think of the raid rage you could cause.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DaveJL wrote: »

if we could choose the t3c, I would be the biggest fool going. But given that my only rank 4 bot is drift and buying that offer would just about get me to a total of 2 t2a... It would leave me a 1/6 (I think, not sure how Kabam odds work, should be 1/6...) chance at a second rank 5 and then being stuck with two R5 and loads of R3 for a long long time, it's a tough call. Decisions decisions!

Seriously though, how many people are at a point where they have a rank 4 of every class, which is surely the only scenario that makes this a worthwhile purchase? I know Manthro does. So one. Anyone else??

Soon to be two of every class... If I could just draw another Scout.
    where on earth do you get all of the t2a??

I wish you all the Sideswipe luck. Unless you already have him. In which case I wish you all of the Windblade luck.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I will consider it when it comes out for $20-$30, for $100 I want fully forged 5/5 bot from my choice.
    edited January 2018

I wish you all the Sideswipe luck. Unless you already have him. In which case I wish you all of the Windblade luck.

Expert Spotlight plus Alliance missions and raid store.

I usually have 3 in my stash at any given time.

And please... No sideswipe! My least favourite bot. I have Windblade, and would love to draw Barricade or Prowl for my next one
    Manthro wrote: »

And please... No sideswipe! My least favourite bot. I have Windblade, and would love to draw Barricade or Prowl for my next one

wait what? Why would you hate sideswipe? He's a God! Crits for days, and days, and days!

wait what? Why would you hate sideswipe? He's a God! Crits for days, and days, and days!

He's a one trick pony. Sure he has a tiny chance to stun on s1, and a super lame nullify ability on s3 that never works.. other than that, he's meh. I'll take the power control of Prowl or barricade any day. They Crit just as much.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144

He's a one trick pony. Sure he has a tiny chance to stun on s1, and a super lame nullify ability on s3 that never works.. other than that, he's meh. I'll take the power control of Prowl or barricade any day. They Crit just as much.

I don’t mind sideswipe I’d be more than happy to get a 4* sideswipe from a 4* crystal. All bots can be great if used with good strategy.. except for mixmaster and shockwave
    aw come on, I like mixmaster and I use shockwave regularly - they both have really good synergy and shockwave has a weird play style, but can be good.

Sideswipe though, I am shocked... he gets good power gain, +60% crit chance I think on a 10 or 11 stack? and if you side step, he gets crit damage bonus too! Just really simple to use and does a ton of damage! Windblade is better for sure, I'm not a fan of Barricade, and Prowl I think needs his dupe to be super good, but I agree he is good, maybe same level as SS imo. Still shocked.

More importantly, did ANYONE buy the t3c deal??
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    I'll buy this deal when it's $50... no more.

At this point, for $100 it should be 1 t3c crystal , 2 t2a, and 50 (or better, 100) gold crystals.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    @DaveJL Prowl is, to me, a Scout/Tech fusion that neuters Demo bots even without his sig. With it, he's just unfair. Spam S1 and never have to bait a special again! Wasn't a huge Sideswipe fan at launch, but he's grown on me. Windblade, as awesome as her bleeds are, just seems like too much of a one-trick pony to me, at least Sideswipe gets evades as a defensive power plus his crits.
    I didn't touch the T3C offer, not when I can buy a full AAA game plus a season pass for the same price. I feel sorry for whatever poor guy in Kabam's marketing who got handed that one
    edited January 2018
    CandKane wrote: »
    @DaveJL Prowl is, to me, a Scout/Tech fusion that neuters Demo bots even without his sig. With it, he's just unfair. Spam S1 and never have to bait a special again! Wasn't a huge Sideswipe fan at launch, but he's grown on me. Windblade, as awesome as her bleeds are, just seems like too much of a one-trick pony to me, at least Sideswipe gets evades as a defensive power plus his crits.
    I didn't touch the T3C offer, not when I can buy a full AAA game plus a season pass for the same price. I feel sorry for whatever poor guy in Kabam's marketing who got handed that one

WB is far from a one trick pony. She has some power control, stun, shock, bleed, armor pierce, rising Crit rate as opponent is damaged, immune heavy attack to ranged... She is very very good.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    gotta say i'm a fan of prowl here too (suppression ftw!)

wb is great too but i find her a tad fragile (at least her 3* ver anyway)..among the scouts she dies first if i make a mistake or come back from a crash-induced health penalty...

and yeah sorry to say kabam, this deal is waaaay OP.
  • Mark174Mark174 Posts: 41
    Guys, stop crying out loud bout this offer.

If u don't want to spend, so... DON'T spend. But stop this annoying posts. Kabam won't change their policy for u. Offers want be lower. At least in the near future.
    Mark174 wrote: »
    Guys, stop crying out loud bout this offer.

If u don't want to spend, so... DON'T spend. But stop this annoying posts. Kabam won't change their policy for u. Offers want be lower. At least in the near future.

if they never receive feedback then you're right, they wont change. Fact is, they do read and occasionally they do listen, so stop crying about people crying and bore off
  • Clearly he doesn’t understand customer feedback!
    It is naive to believe that Kabam will listen to these "feedbacks".

See MCOC story.
  • Mark, your absolutly right about kabam neglecting feedback, however, people need to post it. How else will they ever know. I guess the point is, words need to be spoken even though it may seem they don’t hear you.
    Agree with you. But not at all.
    People need to post suggestions and dissatisfaction about in-game stuff like failure updates, imbalanced bots/mods, new content etc.That is where Kabam can not only hear, but helps to bring it to life.
    But when we talk about money... u should understand that nuttin will change.

Why do I post it? People need to pay attention and say more words about in-game problems, then about Kabam's money grab.
    Offers will stay the same way. It is what it is.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    If I could, I'd trade you my Barricade for just about anything that isn't a Bayformer (I do like my Ironhide, the only exception!)!
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350

i have about 7 r4 bots but that doesnt mean i want to rank all of them. I only have 3 forge 100 bots, each took about 2-3 months to forge. also there are synergies to consider and teams months in the making to consider...
    maybe there are more people with more r4 than I first thought... I didn't realise so many were playing the much harder difficulties.

maybe time for a rethink!