Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Minicons (again)

Because I'll probably take the introduction of 5* bots as the signal to either stop playing, or at least become highly casual, I sometimes think about alternatives....

I'd still really like to see minicons in the game. One way to implement them that's simple from a design POV, (& based on their role in TFRID) would be to make them like mods that accompany a single bot but are used in game modes other than raid defense.

To make it as easy as possible from a dev perspective, you could even just take the sig abilities from Sharkticons, give them to one minicon from each class, and allow players to assign one minicon to each bot in their team. If the total bonus rating was equivalent to adding one rank on top of the main bot, it would stave off the need for 5* bots for an extra 4-6 months. And if they gave a similar attack and health boost as what you get from forging, the questions around balance should resolve fairly easily.

I know this is a new dev concept and there probably isn't a budget for that, but I'm throwing it out there anyway

The other thing I'd love from this game is the ability to play live against mates over bluetooth or a local wifi network. Even if it was over the existing network with the caveat that there were no consequences to winning/losing other than bragging rights (because I assume lag would make it unfair if actual prizes were on offer)

Well, those are my two pipe dreams for the game :blush:

Comments

• Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I'm really wishing we had that minicon idea. I figured they would use minicons in place of mysteries to distance this game from mcoc, but alas. Since the shark abilities aren't terribly gamebreaking they shouldn't be too hard to balance
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    nononononononononononono no

If there’s gonna be minicons please not RID2015...
  • Options
    Fantastic idea and well put together implementation nice one
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    nononononononononononono no

If there’s gonna be minicons please not RID2015...

a) don’t worry, I doubt it will ever happen

b) I only used RID as short hand for minicons that act essentially as a skill buff to a real bot. The idea being similar to mods that you carry with you for story or event missions, but call them minicons instead of mods.

I would’ve loved if minicons had replaced Masteries as KMC said (and I think I posted something about that some months before Masteries were announced) but we have Masteries now, so too late for that

Oh, and the third pipe dream for the game is alliance raids. That’d be really cool
  • Options
    Love this idea! Would certainly give more strategic depth to the game, just like with the mods. Make it happen, Kabam! B)
  • Options
    AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    It sounds awesome and makes way too much sense. Therefore, according to Kabam mentality you are wrong.