Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Question about bot ranks.

So here's something that I've been wondering about, and might influence my choice to spend money on this game in the future. Can you upgrade units? Like say I have my 1* Motormaster here, I can see that he goes up to 4* at least. Can I manually upgrade mine that high or do I have to luck out and roll one from a crystal?

Comments

• Options
    Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    You can upgrade bots, level up and rank up them. But you can only rank up depending on the number of stars your bot has. You can't change the number of stars "manually"
  • Options
    SkubSkub Posts: 28
    That's a real disappointment to hear. I'm not the biggest fan of that particular business strategy. I'll see how long I can go before getting brickwalled by bad luck I guess.
  • Options
    Well the only good thing right now is that there is still a small number of bots available in the crystals. Your chances of getting a good one are higher.

Unlike in MCOC now where the standard crystal has like....50+ heroes available in it all from 2-4 stars versions on top of that.
  • Options
    SkubSkub Posts: 28
    I used my energon last night and the vast majority of what I rolled were just 2* bumblebees over and over again, and thanks to how this game is designed I didn't even get repeat units to use. Disheartening to say the least.
  • Options
    Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Never spent Energon just because yes. Enegon management it's really important. It's a waste of time to expend Energon just to get a 3 or 4-Star Bot that you can't level up because you won't have the resources for that yet. Also, an almost fully upgraded 2-Star Bot, which it's much cheaper to level up, could easily destroy a base 4-Star Bot.