Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

How should i be fighting with Optimus Primal

Was really hopping optimus primal would be up there in performance like the other primes, to me he does not seem to be filling the role.
Maybe I am not using him correctly, or maybe he will just never deal as much damage as MV1 (don't think anyone can touch OG PRIME)
Is there some secret I am missing to Primal? should I be concentrating on only his special 3? should I be using my heavy into specials? then you don't get the 5 hit bonus?
Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Ps. I used him V. bonecrusher in Legends of Cybertron and just realized I do not care for his specials

Comments

• Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Primal can be very strong. Blocking or evading adds to your armor to convert and attacking into the opponents block can add melee stacks. It's a different style but you don't need to avoid attacking into block. I usually get 1-3 stacks and throw heavy converting the armor as well. S1 should only be used if you have taken bleed damage otherwise s2 to do your own bleed or you save for s3 and use your heavy to buff then do what you want with the stacks.

He's a unique style and a little complicated but he can very easily do comparable damage.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    In long fights like ROK he can be a menace...

Never use your heavy attack (unless you have beast synergy and need to purify) until you charge up s3, then throw a heavy followed by s3 to gain melee buff for the special attack while recharging your Crit armor stack
  • Options
    Agree with the 2 above :)

Attack into block and don't use heavy until your sure you can KO the opponent.
  • Options
    UM's new hammer
  • Options
    FlavinFlavin Posts: 31
    ok thanks guys, I have been saving for SP3 when I can, sometimes locked in AM so I'm doing my best at only using SP1, I really hate is SP2.
    Cant even use his SP2 VS. bludgeon in AM his armor buff pops up before SP is finished most time.

As for attacking the blocked opponent, I definitely forgot that was one of his key abilities, thanks for pointing that out and thanks for all the comments.