Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Let's CALMLY discuss Galvatron miniboss

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Look, obviously players are beating him, but I don't think there is anyone that doesn't agree how ridiculous his AI is in AM.

I remember @Kabam Miike mentioning he is dodgy because he wants to charge up dark energy, so I tested I theory and just stood and blocked to get him to charge up to 30.

He is just as much of a spaz once charged up as when he is not. The difference between Galvatron AI and every other boss, including Megatron, is completely off the charts.

It's not that he is difficult... It's that he is incredibly more difficult than anything else on that map.

Salt in the wound is he seems to allow specific types of attacks through when he has that exact resistance up, like a giant middle finger in your face, lol.

When you charge your s1 you are practically forced to just throw it immediately regardless where you are and eat a counter combo or slowly die. Having this "HP regen" on s2 and s3 is a Red Herring if I've ever seen one, haha.

Seriously... Does anyone here think he is just fine and should be left alone as is?

Constructive criticism only please, if anyone thinks he's just fine, I'm not gonna argue with you... But I'd like to hear some feedback on this.

The root of the problem to me is his AI in AM. it's like trying to fight Barricade with his evade permanently on while he's on crack. There are answers to evade, but there isn't much of an answer to natural dodging.

Galvatron doesn't seem to act that way in any other game mode. While the buff to galvatron is welcome on the player end of things, I believe it is going to cause a massive imbalance in AM once that update goes live.

Thoughts?

Comments

• I realized this at the first day of this new map. I did good on my path untill i reached galvatron. Lost all my bots there and had to revive.
    Even though they made some changes but he still is annoying. I mean u can't land a special on him and he also dodge like crazy.
    I'll say this, galvatron is hard to defeat as compared to megatron. And he is the final boss
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    How Galvatron fights;
    - Blocks every single attack
    - Evades like crazy and then intercepts
    The fight is getting boring with a super defensive AI. He is super slippery and annoying
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    Ok, so I noticed something on my last fight with him. Might be nothing, but I had a much easier time with him.

Use any bot that can land damaging debuffs (shock/burn/bleed). Focus on getting one to land in him.

The moment that happens, he begins to open up and attack, because the AI is responding to losing too much hp by being overly evasive during the DOT effect.

I had a relatively easy time just landing bleeds with Rhinox ranged pot shots, then countering Galvatrons dash in attack when he gets aggressive from it.

He is still very quick, but becomes a little more predictable and straightforward if you do this.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I'm using BC/IH to bleed/burn him. I agree he's dodgy and I hate him. But since my task is end Galvatron and leave G1Megs to others, I'm fine sacrificing BC and IH.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited January 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    Ok, so I noticed something on my last fight with him. Might be nothing, but I had a much easier time with him.

Use any bot that can land damaging debuffs (shock/burn/bleed). Focus on getting one to land in him.

The moment that happens, he begins to open up and attack, because the AI is responding to losing too much hp by being overly evasive during the DOT effect.

I had a relatively easy time just landing bleeds with Rhinox ranged pot shots, then countering Galvatrons dash in attack when he gets aggressive from it.

He is still very quick, but becomes a little more predictable and straightforward if you do this.

Could very well be. I’ve always used Ratchet who shocks in ranged, and Grimlock who burns on heavy. And while annoying, it’s definitely doable. Especially Grimlock purifying [Removed by Moderation] the shocks, his special 2 hurts a lot.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Manthro wrote: »
    Look, obviously players are beating him, but I don't think there is anyone that doesn't agree how ridiculous his AI is in AM.

I remember @Kabam Miike mentioning he is dodgy because he wants to charge up dark energy, so I tested I theory and just stood and blocked to get him to charge up to 30.

He is just as much of a spaz once charged up as when he is not. The difference between Galvatron AI and every other boss, including Megatron, is completely off the charts.

It's not that he is difficult... It's that he is incredibly more difficult than anything else on that map.

Salt in the wound is he seems to allow specific types of attacks through when he has that exact resistance up, like a giant middle finger in your face, lol.

When you charge your s1 you are practically forced to just throw it immediately regardless where you are and eat a counter combo or slowly die. Having this "HP regen" on s2 and s3 is a Red Herring if I've ever seen one, haha.

Seriously... Does anyone here think he is just fine and should be left alone as is?

Constructive criticism only please, if anyone thinks he's just fine, I'm not gonna argue with you... But I'd like to hear some feedback on this.

The root of the problem to me is his AI in AM. it's like trying to fight Barricade with his evade permanently on while he's on crack. There are answers to evade, but there isn't much of an answer to natural dodging.

Galvatron doesn't seem to act that way in any other game mode. While the buff to galvatron is welcome on the player end of things, I believe it is going to cause a massive imbalance in AM once that update goes live.

Thoughts?

Told you AI was broken
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've always had an easy time taking him down with Soundwave. Just spamming him with heavies.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    I like the break dancing he does when you stand still and block..pretty much makes my day
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    BOFAD wrote: »
    I like the break dancing he does when you stand still and block..pretty much makes my day

That's just Galv's way of taunting the player, like come get me.

My biggest fear for this coming update is the buffs that Galv gets, and how that will impact the right side of the map. I get that Shockwave got buffs, but his AI is nothing like Galv.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited January 2018
    Those at the right side on Sanctum map handles harder bosses compare to left. Devs should look into how to make it fair for both sides. Putting motor master, bludgeon, and galvatron on right side with insane mods is just not fair. Players who want it easy will often request left side. Devs should test all the minibosses and ensure a fairer AM system for Sanctum. Speaking this from experience as I have now handle both left and right side for an extended period of time now. Rachet does so easy on left but on right he struggles especially when facing galvatron.

Starscream on left? Easy if there’s two ironhide backing each other up there. Soundwave? Doable with a windblade. Shockwave? Either use windblade or rachet.

Right side bludgeon is immune to basic attacks.. Seriously? And has a high stack number of armor. Only OG or MV1 can handle that well. That also you'd need a skilled player doing it.. Getting hit a few times from bludgeon and it's gg since he deals insane bleed damage. On top of that he copies any buffs your bot has? Please...

Motormaster on right is universally hated. Only 1/5 players would say yes to handling that boss. You can only gain energy when avoiding his attacks and he has 3 rotating shields that can reduce your damage to 1. He has all the traits of an OP Motormaster on steroids since his PI is high if you'd play on higher difficulties. Get him to low HP and his damage spikes up till sky high.. Just a few touches from him and you're DOOMed.

Galvatron's difficulty is already stated by this thread.. Energon storm is annoying and takes away your HP fast and AI is unpredictable at times preferring to block rather than attack. He has rotating buffs too.. Good luck when it lands on a range or special buff and your bot ended up getting eaten by his sp2 or 3.

If it was me I would remove the entire crappie Sanctum map and put in a newer format. One with less mods and easier difficult for all players to enjoy. Make it 6 lanes as it is but the difficulty shouldn't be scaring away players from even attempting Sanctum map. Not everyone is skilled to handle multiple crazy mods on a miniboss.. Hope u understand that Kabam.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Bosses on right are harder yes but the paths on left are harder.
    edited January 2018
    Davien wrote: »
    Those at the right side on Sanctum map handles harder bosses compare to left. Devs should look into how to make it fair for both sides. Putting motor master, bludgeon, and galvatron on right side with insane mods is just not fair. Players who want it easy will often request left side. Devs should test all the minibosses and ensure a fairer AM system for Sanctum. Speaking this from experience as I have now handle both left and right side for an extended period of time now. Rachet does so easy on left but on right he struggles especially when facing galvatron.

Starscream on left? Easy if there’s two ironhide backing each other up there. Soundwave? Doable with a windblade. Shockwave? Either use windblade or rachet.

Right side bludgeon is immune to basic attacks.. Seriously? And has a high stack number of armor. Only OG or MV1 can handle that well. That also you'd need a skilled player doing it.. Getting hit a few times from bludgeon and it's gg since he deals insane bleed damage. On top of that he copies any buffs your bot has? Please...

Motormaster on right is universally hated. Only 1/5 players would say yes to handling that boss. You can only gain energy when avoiding his attacks and he has 3 rotating shields that can reduce your damage to 1. He has all the traits of an OP Motormaster on steroids since his PI is high if you'd play on higher difficulties. Get him to low HP and his damage spikes up till sky high.. Just a few touches from him and you're DOOMed.

Galvatron's difficulty is already stated by this thread.. Energon storm is annoying and takes away your HP fast and AI is unpredictable at times preferring to block rather than attack. He has rotating buffs too.. Good luck when it lands on a range or special buff and your bot ended up getting eaten by his sp2 or 3.

If it was me I would remove the entire crappie Sanctum map and put in a newer format. One with less mods and easier difficult for all players to enjoy. Make it 6 lanes as it is but the difficulty shouldn't be scaring away players from even attempting Sanctum map. Not everyone is skilled to handle multiple crazy mods on a miniboss.. Hope u understand that Kabam.

Amazing.

I suppose it was inevitable that this thread would get hijacked.

Stick to the topic, please. If you want to start your own thread about AM in general, go for it... This one is in regards to the Galvatron miniboss and what (if anything) can or should be done to him considering the upcoming buffs to the bot.

It's also a topic where players may want to share strategy on how to approach him with success.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    i must admit even though i only fought galv a handful of times his AI can be really... unpredictable.
  • Terminal wrote: »
    ai in this game be like..

3wv7yru91wck.gif
    that is hilarious!

Terminal wrote: »
    ai in this game be like..

3wv7yru91wck.gif

This is quite possibly your best post
  • I find Galvatron easier than Motormaster. MM is just a spaz swinging and dashing at you constantly with Unstoppable. I get pinned in a damn corner and can't get up. Need one of those life alert necklaces.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    I guess I would just wait for him to attack. I usually do this strat with most of the harder bots including tac megs. Dodge, Counterattack (medium), swipe back and then get chip dmg with ranged.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    BOFAD wrote: »
    This is quite possibly your best post

I've found my true calling. No more essays for me.
  • I cruise through Galv using Ratchet, usually ending fight with more HP than i started. Yes his AI is wacky, but seriously, just hanging back and using ranged shock procs to chip away while building power and dumping sp3 when his buff is on melee or ranged protect and it's game over.

Ratchet has the advantage of not needing to bait out specials as he can heal through incoming sp3 damage, but with good sidestepping any bot should be able to do the same strat. It will be interesting to see how the changes in 5.1 will affect him.
    edited February 2018
    I ran an experiment on Galvatron today, because I managed to get to him with my 4/40 forge 100 IH at 95% health.

I won't reveal our actual AM level, but it is over 30.

I started off very well, got to s1 and figured, what the hell... I have a full life bar, I should be able to get to s2 and throw it, Regen some life and I'll be ok.

I land another combo, gets me just shy of s2 and I eat a single basic ranged putting me at two bars.

I danced for about 7 seconds.. SEVEN seconds trying to find an opening. I glance at my life bar trying to judge if I should just throw the s2... And at that moment I die. That's how much damage that ridiculous effect does.

What is the point of having "Regen" on specials if the damage is so absurd it melts 10k HP in under 10 seconds? It's a total Red Herring, get rid of it because it's impossible to utilize at all.

The whole DOT effect of that mod is completely unbalanced, and it's time it got looked at... Especially with the buffs to Galvatron himself, making him much more formidable with the quick dark energy/will of Unicron/unstoppable increase.

You often get caught having to wait out unstoppable before even being able to just use the tactic of chucking away your s1 into thin air to avoid damage from shock, and damage from the retaliation. You end up frying until his unstoppable expires which lasts around 6-8 seconds.. It's unreasonable mandatory damage, and does not play well with his abilities and AI in terms of reasonable difficulty.

C'mon devs, I'm sure if you look at your data you will see how much more difficulty that miniboss mod poses to players in comparison to all the others.
  • Also i have put alot on Energon fighting bugged Galvatron
  • 04606403 My case:references no. @Kabam Miike kindling look into the video i have sent
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Can the energon storm shock be purified by a duped Grimlock or the Beast Purify team?
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Can the energon storm shock be purified by a duped Grimlock or the Beast Purify team?

Grimlock for sure. That’s the only reason I R5d mine. Works like a charm.
    edited February 2018

Grimlock works because he does it automatically every time it comes back...

I've tried a beast team and it doesn't work as well. A couple seconds after you throw a heavy attack energon storm comes right back, so you have to keep on spamming heavy attacks... And against Galvatron that's not the best idea
    It always comes with a trade off...oh now Galvatron charges faster this should be awesome...increases the chance of will of unicron in AM by more, and he loves to hit it. Plus with all the crashing etc it just makes getting to him a chore