Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alliance Mission Difficulty Based on Individual Player

I've had the opportunity to play with many alliances and have made many new friends. Skill varies widely but the common variable in the game as I see it is everyone want's to play with their friends. Currently you can't be in an Alliance with friends if the skill level is too wide. If you do this causes piloted accounts or skilled players bored because they are playing below thier potential. Is it possible to change AM so that each individual player could change his Alliance difficulty based on his own skill level? This would allow that player to go down his path with bots for say difficulty 40 if he needed to while other players (friends) could go down their path at difficulty 80. In the end, it would be the accumulated score that would determine where an alliance places.

Comments

• DIKAIODIKAIO Posts: 18
    Expanding on the thought above. I would think you would have less players quitting because they would be playing at a comfortable difficulty for them individually and you would be playing with a solid group of 18 friends hopefully.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Since there are linked nodes, I'll go for battlegroup settings instead of individual.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Since there are linked nodes, I'll go for battlegroup settings instead of individual.

If this were to happen, battlegroup settings make the most sense, I dunno if it would be possible to run individual settings
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Yes it would be good if we can run different levels on a BG basis in the same alliance. I can think of so many scenarios where this would be good for the game, to keep both alliances and players active. Points are currently computed based on BG totals so implementation would not be impossible. Do consider this suggestion please.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I like the possibility of different difficulties for each BG. It’s much easier to find 6 people of similar skill level than finding a whole alliance of 18.
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    edited January 2018
    Is great idea, but it is unrealistic. Why because there a lot of coding need to be change for this to work.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    KingChris2 wrote: »
    Is great idea, but it is unrealistic. Why because there a lot of coding need to be change for this to work.

There;s a lot of coding to make a game. Might as well not do it.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    i do like the idea of having different different difficulty setting for each battlegroup as well.

my only concern is yeah whether it would mess up the coding too much and create moar game crashing bugs...
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    nomisu wrote: »
    i do like the idea of having different different difficulty setting for each battlegroup as well.

my only concern is yeah whether it would mess up the coding too much and create moar game crashing bugs...

If we think that way, there will never be another improvement in the game.

Allowing for different BGs to run different levels shouldn't be that hard of a coding task.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Different bg can have different level in different map. Summing up respective bg scores (1/3 of the current 18 player setup) to make the final score. Then comes the question: are the milestones map-specific or not?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Different bg can have different level in different map. Summing up respective bg scores (1/3 of the current 18 player setup) to make the final score. Then comes the question: are the milestones map-specific or not?

I'm for different levels per battle group, but should keep it the same map.