Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Announcing: Sharkticon Week! [Correction: Jan 30 - 11:18 PT)

Comments

• Trailfire wrote: »

Is the Alliance Event the only place to get 4-Star Sharkticons?
    Here is where the fun begins. Forge away your lower rank Sharkticons to get Shards for the next tier of Sharkticons! Forge your 2-Star Sharkticons into ANY 3-STAR OR 4-STAR BOT to get 3-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards, and Forge your 3-Star Sharkticons into ANY 4-STAR BOT to get 4-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards!

Hey Miike,

Very cool. Q: will forging sharks return shark crystal shards at the same rate that forging bots currently returns crystal shards?

If yes, it sounds like it might be tricky finding enough sharks in a week to get a single 3* shark. I'm sure you've all got a balance you think works, so I'm just trying to understand it

3/30 bots normally give 85 shards, plus 55 for each dupe. If there are only 6 of these bots available, and we need 2,000 shards to get a 3*, we'd need to forge six 3/30 sig20 sharks to get a 3* (actually, 4 of them would need to be sig25)

Is that likely to be possible?

So, I can't say exactly how much the difference is, but you will receive more Crystal Shards for Forging Sharkticons than you do for regular Bots.
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    How long will we be able to receive Primal chips for duping bots? There is still no clear word on whether we should be prepping for a new monthly bot and wrapping up Primal by tomorrow.
  • LouCypher wrote: »
    How long will we be able to receive Primal chips for duping bots? There is still no clear word on whether we should be prepping for a new monthly bot and wrapping up Primal by tomorrow.

You'll have until the end of the current Spotlight Mission, so just over one more week left!
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    I just have one question, will this be a reoccurring event or are there no plans to bring back this event after it’s over?

We don't have any plans to re-run this event right now, but that could definitely change in the future... (Sharkticon Week 2: Deep Blue Boogaloo)

Would pay real money for a new shark whose sp3 was them breakdancing with a broom a la Turbo.

tumblr_ntslmoLdDI1s5rjeao1_500.gif
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Are gonna get more specifics about how many 2* will create a 3* and how many 3*s create a 4*? Also will there be a way to choose which shark we can "craft" from the shards? I'm kinda tapped on Brawler and Demo sparks so I'd prefer scout or Warrior
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Bigbowlr wrote: »
    Are gonna get more specifics about how many 2* will create a 3* and how many 3*s create a 4*? Also will there be a way to choose which shark we can "craft" from the shards? I'm kinda tapped on Brawler and Demo sparks so I'd prefer scout or Warrior

This would be nice, very much need a good Demo 4* right now.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    CandKane wrote: »
    Bigbowlr wrote: »

This would be nice, very much need a good Demo 4* right now.

Then we need the same old 'Bot Intel' on Sharks @Kabam Miike
  • Bring in S-1000
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Oh god please no, I'd rather not have any Sharkticon events rather than an RNG based Sharkticon event. I knew this would be bad
    It's RNG but first of all grinding based. The 4* version doesn't come through (direct) payment.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    A sharkticon is a sharkticon. I’m happy with this event
  • When is the update coming out?
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    When is the update coming out?

In three hours and thirty minutes
  • When is the update coming out?

In three hours and thirty minutes

Thanks for setting me straight, the thread title was misleading.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Hey Everybody,

We just corrected some incorrect information in the original post.

A previous version of this post incorrectly stated you could gain bonus points for using Sharkticons in Arenas. It has been corrected to now read that you gain bonus points for defeating special Shark Attack! teams in Arenas.

Sorry about the confusion here. What this is referring to are some special teams in the Arenas, similar to Megatron and Optimus teams in regular Arenas, but they consist entirely of Sharkticons and S-1000!

Hopefully they are as common as the old Starscream and Shockwave teams we used to get in arena.

Lol.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    I just have one question, will this be a reoccurring event or are there no plans to bring back this event after it’s over?

We don't have any plans to re-run this event right now, but that could definitely change in the future... (Sharkticon Week 2: Deep Blue Boogaloo)

Would pay real money for a new shark whose sp3 was them breakdancing with a broom a la Turbo.

tumblr_ntslmoLdDI1s5rjeao1_500.gif

As a dancer, i gotta correct you, thats not breakdancing thou, its just a bad moonwalk hahahahaha
  • ZukoZuko Posts: 29
    @Kabam Miike is the S-1000 shark coming to the feeding frenzy and Will there be a next featured bot event for Feburary?
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    About forging after the event, does that mean the special tab will remain for exchanging shards for shark crystals? Or we will only have the ability to get shards and save them for a future event?

For example, in 3 weeks, I have 0 4* shards.. I forge a bunch of 3* sharks and get enough to make a 4* shark crystal, can I still make the crystal?
  • Terminal wrote: »
    About forging after the event, does that mean the special tab will remain for exchanging shards for shark crystals? Or we will only have the ability to get shards and save them for a future event?

For example, in 3 weeks, I have 0 4* shards.. I forge a bunch of 3* sharks and get enough to make a 4* shark crystal, can I still make the crystal?

Yes I would also like some clarity on this as well as I don't have or will get enough gold to upgrade all the bots in a few weeks time.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Guess u all need 4* of every class? I mean, 5 unduped lvl 1 2* forged makes one 3*. 5 unlvled in duped 3* makes a 4*. So 15 2* with no investment makes a 4*. So, run arena for two days, bam, 4*
    Guys are acting like it's hard. This is the easiest 4* they've ever came out w.

For that, I say, thank you @Kabam Miike
    edited February 2018
    Even a rather noobish player can and will achieve a 4* so long as they participate. I'm not really digging the sharkticons, but the fact I can get a 4* w little effort is elating. Good job kabam, y'all finally got it right. Milestones, check. Rewards worth the effort. Check. Opportunities to grind and gain more than ur casual player, check. Making 4* attainable without elite status or work-like dedication, check. Keep it up guys ..
    edited February 2018
    Have you tried a 3* forge or are you assuming it's the same rate as the 2*?

Also, without dupe the shark has no abilities, so it's basically useless.
    edited February 2018
    Terminal wrote: »
    Have you tried a 3* forge or are you assuming it's the same rate as the 2*?

Also, without dupe the shark has no abilities, so it's basically useless.

My friends test it, it's true. Raw 3* gives 403 shards.
    So basically 25 raw 2*'s makes a 4*
    Duping a 4* shark is a matter of luck regardless, you're only slightly increasing your odds if you pour all your resources into it, and only thru sheer numbers, as a 4* pull is random . However, a 4* pull of class you want is much higher than 4* pull of say, a particular bot.. since you have a 1/6 chance. Assuming you hit all milestones each day, that's 49 2*, + 6 calendar = 54. That's two four star pulls. This math doesn't even include the arena rank rewards.
    edited February 2018
    It's possible to get up to 3 4* pulls without using a single resource. Plus all the arena crystals were all acquiring , woo hoo. Dumping resources is really only helping whatever bot your forging into(because sig dictates shards, everything else just increases forge xp). So best bet is really to not touch ur sharks til last day(if your aiming for a duped 4*), because then you'll sure fire have several duped sharks, which will produce more sharks of the tier above it. With the Sig upgrades coming from rank rewards, those in upper echelon will have no problem getting a duped 4* without investing hardly any resources. It's simply a matter of time investment, which we are ALL quite accustomed to by now.
    Just remember that the stats are extremely bad on sharks. 1000 pi less, about a full rank lower than a normal bot. Without dupe, they have no abilities. In short, basically unplayable and only good to earn some extra arena points. It would be a huge waste of resources to rank them up and try to add them to your raid/AM/spotlight team.

For example:
    Primal:
    Health: 12392
    Attack: 975
    Max Rating: 3538

Brawler Shark:
    Health: 9993
    Attack: 739
    Base PI: 2145
    Max Rating: 2547

Even with synergy buffs they're still under.. and normal bots have synergy buffs anyway.
    Hence why I'm not putting forth much effort. 4* shark will help for arena points.. that's about it. I'm only running the arenas for some free forge fodder to invest in my IH
    edited February 2018
    The whole week is just a hype week. People wanted these largely underpowered sharks forever, now they can all get them. Players that don't hardly participate in arena much in my alliance are suddenly top scorers in shark arena AE, which I think is absolutely foolish. I'll forge 25 raw 2*, 5 raw 3*, get my 4*, and with any remaining opportunity I'll calculate if a second one is within grasp, if so, I'll have a one shot for a dup 4*, or ill end up w two 4* . Either way. This whole event is free forge fodder and free 4* to aid my arena grind. To those invested in getting 6 4* duped sharks, enjoy your Sub par bots xD