Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

New To Game: Is Galvatron any good? Does he need Dupe?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the game, spent money and got 4 star Arcee and 4 star Galvatron. I can see that according to the forums Arcee is possibly worst in class, but how about Galavtron? Does he need to be duplicated?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    When you have only two 4*'s, they will be your main cast anyway for a certain time. Arcee is actually very easy to use for starters. Plan your output with her quick reloading S1 and some lucky headshots, win the round.

The lucky part for you, is that you've got two bots with less than useless sigs, so forget about duping and grow them up.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Great! Thanks, so is Galvatron decent?
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    edited January 2018
    Arcee is great if used properly her power flow is insane. And for galvatron he’s god awful at the moment but tomorrow with 5.1 he will get buffed
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/3739/upcoming-bot-changes-january-31st-updated/p1
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    You're going to get more bang for your buck using Galvatron's synergies than his dupe. So Starscream, Ramjet and Shockwave are going to be the bots that you will wanna keep an eye out for. They will give him crazy ranged damage output.

Arcee gets a few little buffs from this update, but she will take some practice using, as her ranged attacks are where she shines (avoid her sp2). That said, I think a lot of players give up on her too soon. Pair her up with Mirage for some good ranged critical damage (and her bleeds now stack!).

I don't know if they base synergies off of the IDW comic world, but strangely enough her and Galvatron have some unusual (and ancient) history that Kabam might want to look at for a potential synergy.

Good luck!
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Dircules wrote: »
    They're both decent in their own way, better after update tomorrow. Unfortunately neither is very straight forward in play style, like a MotorMaster or Optimus Prime or something.

Arcee is very good at ranged fights, especially shooting in the face of someone charging at her, which takes some getting used to. Galvatron is best to get him to full Dark Energy which he builds up while holding block from a distance. But especially early on while plowing through Story chapter 1 & 2 they'll do fine to learn how to play with them. You can take some hits but you should still come out on top.

Another tip for the newly started: 3-stars are more valuable for you. They're far more common than 4*s and 4*s only overtake 3*s in power after you can get them to Rank 3 or higher. Soooo try to max rank your 3*s first, they'll serve you better for now.

agree. New to the game focus on maxing r3s with good sig levels.

That said, Galvatron will get a good boost on 1/31 update and will be much better. Arcee can be very good as well focusing on ranged with either s1 or s3.

For Galvatron his play will change considerably with the update because his dark energy charge will be 50% faster so my comments on playstyle now are moot.

Look to pair Arcee with Mirage and UM but she has some good options long term. Prowl/UM/Arcee, Arcee/UM/Mirage or Mirage/Arcee/Prowl will be good teams.
  • Options
    Guys,

Thanks for all the great feedback. Very nice community.
  • Options
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    Hope this pic can help you

0rw9kjejnlmd.png

You're doing it wrong. I fought a 4* Megatron in the arenas with my 4* galvatron, about even in rating (after class advantage) and I had a perfect round.

Galvatron's a better bot than he gets credit for, all you need is to max out his dark energy charges as often as you can and time your combos and ranged attacks right. The trickiest thing in the past was getting the full power out of his SP2 by timing it to hit before his dark energy ran out, but that wont be a problem any more with his new buffs. He's my only 4* demolitions bot so I had to get used to him, but now I've fallen in love with his fighting style. Simple, effective, and surprisingly multirole when you're hitting them big crits at the end of a medium combo.
  • Options
    So what’s with the dark energy. Is that aimed at specials or ranged attacks?
  • Options
    Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Nightgaunt wrote: »

0rw9kjejnlmd.png

You're doing it wrong. I fought a 4* Megatron in the arenas with my 4* galvatron, about even in rating (after class advantage) and I had a perfect round.

Galvatron's a better bot than he gets credit for, all you need is to max out his dark energy charges as often as you can and time your combos and ranged attacks right. The trickiest thing in the past was getting the full power out of his SP2 by timing it to hit before his dark energy ran out, but that wont be a problem any more with his new buffs. He's my only 4* demolitions bot so I had to get used to him, but now I've fallen in love with his fighting style. Simple, effective, and surprisingly multirole when you're hitting them big crits at the end of a medium combo.

It was auto fight to give him a fair chance, if I was moving him then I will get a result like the following:

drwe8np2a0mf.png
    mhky1sl1bjwp.png
    2utsvz3e03mv.png

• Options
    Nightgaunt wrote: »

0rw9kjejnlmd.png

It was auto fight to give him a fair chance, if I was moving him then I will get a result like the following:

drwe8np2a0mf.png
    mhky1sl1bjwp.png
    2utsvz3e03mv.png

Aaah, that explains it. Every time I set galvatron to auto fight, the poor guy gets wasted. I'll be interested to see how he does with auto fighting post-buff.
  • Options
    Vavatron wrote: »

That's bonus damage on specials, chance on heavy.

I'd like to reiterate that galvatron was 2nd best demo in the first place (Megatron always sucked by comparison), only weakness was block proficiency (because you should be blocking through specials instead of dodging, so he takes damage). Well, now his proficiency is buffed AND blocking through any special gives him a full charge instead of partial cause it's super fast now, soooo.... and that's not even guaging dark matter damage, because i can't, because killing shots don't display damage anymore :pensive:

Trust me when I say he was good anyway, and he got a NOTICEABLE buff. If he's still somehow to difficult to play for lazy players (only honest conclusion I can come to for hate in the first place even before buff) I suppose I'll have to post videos.

• Options
    Trust me when I say he was good anyway, and he got a NOTICEABLE buff. If he's still somehow to difficult to play for lazy players (only honest conclusion I can come to for hate in the first place even before buff) I suppose I'll have to post videos.

I vote for a video! It's always cool to see other people's fighting style
  • Options
    Vavatron wrote: »

That's bonus damage on specials, chance on heavy.

I'd like to reiterate that galvatron was 2nd best demo in the first place (Megatron always sucked by comparison), only weakness was block proficiency (because you should be blocking through specials instead of dodging, so he takes damage). Well, now his proficiency is buffed AND blocking through any special gives him a full charge instead of partial cause it's super fast now, soooo.... and that's not even guaging dark matter damage, because i can't, because killing shots don't display damage anymore :pensive:

I totally agree that he was massively underrated before, and that a lot of people complaining about him just didn't understand his playstyle, but I wouldn't have said he was better than Bayformers Megatron. Granted, his unstoppable and Sig ability are dependent on losing health, which isn't ideal, but I've always found him to be an absolute monster. String a couple of combos together to build up some impair charges, and then fire off a couple of heavy attacks so you can set off the charges. When I used him, I never make it to SP3 before a knockout, and very rarely get a chance to fire off his SP2.

That said, I think having used buffed Galvatron for the first time tonight, I'd have him down as the strongest demo bot now. I dunno off the top of my head if Ironhide still hits bigger, but Galvatron can let off big hits waaay more often.
  • Options
    NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    edited February 2018

I vote for a video! It's always cool to see other people's fighting style

I'll second that. What's your shtyle? ccirktkcetfx.png

Also I might post one of my own later if I think on, since I'm pretty much entirely in agreement with Supra, and found the only thing I really needed from Galv was for the dark energon timer to stop running when you activated SP2.
  • Options
    Thanks guys all of a sudden I’m really excited that I got him.
  • Options
    Galvatron was good before the update. Now he is where he should be. Possibly the best demo in the game.