Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Please explain offer pricing and exchange rate.

Saw the t3c offer today, and it hurts my brain.

The offer is $100 USD. in Canada it is priced at $140.

The exchange rate is NOT at 60 cents, it's been at 80 cents for a while:

cz4gh12ev65w.png

It's like the exchange is tacked on twice. First time, for actual exchange rate, and the 2nd time for Google VAT.

That's the only explanation for the offer being priced the way it is, and if so, that's heinous.

I don't see how this can possibly be the correct way to set pricing in different markets, but if it is I would suspect you aren't making great sales outside of the US and China.

Comments

• LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I believe Mike ha stated before that Apple or google sets the conversion rates, no kabaam. They price it in USD and then Apple or google set their own exchange rates.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Yes, talk to apple or google, pricing is automatic and you'll see it's the same in every game.. I actually thought in the past you were part of those discussions. X USD = Y your currency.

In Australia 100 = 160.. which is even more insane, because we're also at 0.80-+ USD.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    I understand Google/Apple set the pricing, but I'm sure Kabam has a little more insight as to how they come to the final number.

I'm just curious as to how it gets to be so far off from the actual exchange rate, evidenced even moreso by the price in Aussie stores.. OUCH!

As it stands, I feel it's better for me to take a 30 minute drive over the border, log in on the Verizon network and purchase items, then drive home (after filling up on gas for half the price, of course)..

There's no real info as to how that happens, the sources I can find on exchange rate and VAT are muddy at best, and nonexistent at worst.

This is more about helping find a way to bring them down to a proper level to increase player spending, not so much a rant.