Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Bot Balance early impressions

2»

Comments

• Options
    woo224woo224 Posts: 180
    Regarding Shockwave, it seems his Synergy Bonuses are nerfed. The other Tech Bots now boost Shockwave's Shocks in some way (all by 8~10~{4-Star stat)%) instead of providing unique abilities. In your opinion, is this for the better or worse?
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    woo224 wrote: »
    Regarding Shockwave, it seems his Synergy Bonuses are nerfed. The other Tech Bots now boost Shockwave's Shocks in some way (all by 8~10~{4-Star stat)%) instead of providing unique abilities. In your opinion, is this for the better or worse?

I honestly haven't bothered to look, but I can remember everyone being pretty unimpressed with the idea of bringing a whole tech team to any game mode, so it wouldn't surprise me if the dev team sought out better synergies for him and then nerfed those. If that's the case and no one has complained or noticed anything until now, then I'd say it might prove their suspicions were confirmed about Brain Drain.
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Shockwave's synergies had to be adjusted. The originals would have made him even more insane. Nox providing charges or Soundwave providing powergain would have been OP. The boosts to his shock are still excellent. I forget who adds what but he can melt people with extended and more powerful shock as well as additional power drain.

Before shockwave needed those synergies to be effective in the slightest. He doesn't NEED them now but they just add to his damage output. Shockwave has also become a bit of a hybrid with power drain so bringing multiple techs is not bad unless your facing a ton of scouts and Shockwave actually does pretty well now by stacking so much shock on evasive bots.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Shockwave and Soundwave combo is just deadly. Been playing around with Shockwave today and his damage output and power drain is just insane. He isn't OP as he still requires a bit of finesse but he sure is fun to play now