Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Chat Improvement Suggestion

Hi all, as everyone knows, the in game chat is awful, particularly global. It is rife with spamming immaturities, or scam sites, even forms of bullying and harassment (particularly to females).

In the current system there really isn’t much that can be done easily, so i’d like to suggest an improvement that was actually from an app I used a long time ago called Twinkle;
Assign players in game as chat moderators! Using a small application form to assess age, maturity, length of time as a player etc, and give them the power to send an “official warning” to offenders, a time-out of an hour, and at most a 24hr temp ban from chat.

Not sure if it’s easy to implement or even possible, though it’s worth noting with twinkle it wasn’t GUI based, and commands were input in chat such as !warn “Kabam Mike”. Hopefully this suggestion is taken onboard to make global a more inhabitable place :) thanks for reading!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hi all, as everyone knows, the in game chat is awful, particularly global. It is rife with spamming immaturities, or scam sites, even forms of bullying and harassment (particularly to females).

In the current system there really isn’t much that can be done easily, so i’d like to suggest an improvement that was actually from an app I used a long time ago called Twinkle;
    Assign players in game as chat moderators! Using a small application form to assess age, maturity, length of time as a player etc, and give them the power to send an “official warning” to offenders, a time-out of an hour, and at most a 24hr temp ban from chat.

Not sure if it’s easy to implement or even possible, though it’s worth noting with twinkle it wasn’t GUI based, and commands were input in chat such as !warn “Kabam Mike”. Hopefully this suggestion is taken onboard to make global a more inhabitable place :) thanks for reading!
    Report/Block the players or disable global all together problem solved
  • Options
    Hey there TheVoidwalker! There actually are filters in place, as well as moderators and temporary Chat bans. While it sometimes may not feel like enough, I can assure you they are there. Our filters are constantly evolving, and while they can’t catch everything, they do catch a lot! You can assist by reporting users via the Chat tool in-game – and for those more severe cases, reporting via a Support ticket.

Information on how to block or report users inside of Chat is available HERE

Information on how to submit a Support ticket for inappropriate behavior is available HERE

Closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.