Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

This game simply isn't viable for F2P players (important feedback within)

2»

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    You do realize that this system is only slightly different than MCOC, right? As a veteran of that game for nearly a year, the system does work and in fact works much better than other gacha systems that I've used (FE Heroes, Galaxy of Heroes, that DC clone of Galaxy). It may not work for you, and that's okay. You can't please everybody all the time. A lot of us like it, and we'll keep playing.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    CandKane wrote: »
    You do realize that this system is only slightly different than MCOC, right? As a veteran of that game for nearly a year, the system does work and in fact works much better than other gacha systems that I've used (FE Heroes, Galaxy of Heroes, that DC clone of Galaxy). It may not work for you, and that's okay. You can't please everybody all the time. A lot of us like it, and we'll keep playing.

I haven't played MCOC, but from my understanding, duplicates give shards that can be used to get new characters as well as upgrade material, is that right? All we get is the tiny amount of upgrade material. That's a pretty huge difference. There's actual benefits to having dupes in that game. It sounds like a great system to have, getting shards for dupes would be fantastic, I don't see why we don't have it.

Does MCOC have a forge system in addition to character level ups? Does MCOC require you to have a 1* lower version to increase the forge level from 75 to 100?
    This game works against itself by needing many bots to upgrade 75 forge levels, plus the lower star version to increase the cap to 100.

Again with the don't like it don't play, we like it we'll play argument. It's got nothing to do with that. Of course I'm going to keep playing the game, if I didn't care I wouldn't even be talking about what I see as issues in the first place.

Even something simple like when we get a dupe, having the option of feeding it to higher version to unlock the max forge level would be fine. As it stands though, we have to lose a huge amount of resources to access that feature, and it's not really worth it and the game works against itself by doing auto dupes but also needing specific bots for unlocking things on other characters.

Again, the sideswipe scenario

I have 2* sideswipe maxed and with 1 dupe for sig.
    I have a fresh 3* sideswipe.

What are the options? Simply forget about /100 forge and continue to play, getting more 2* dupes in the meantime, making my 2* stronger and an even worse proposition to forge or forge now to cut my losses, lose all my progress and start again from scratch?

Can you honestly say the system makes sense and has logic? It does not support it's own goals.

Tiny adjustments would make it better and more intuitive. Is it such an unreasonable suggestion to have something like the option to unlock forge instead of getting ore when you draw a dupe, is it really such a bad idea for the games different systems to work together and promote the same play style?
  • rawrrawr Posts: 20
    u should keep your 2* for arenas.. get arena crystals and use the free energon to get more bots with the chance of 3/4*
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Terminal I think I see what you mean now, adding an option on the space bridge screen to forge vs power up sig makes sense, that way people would still want dupes but they get more freedom in how they progress through the game. According to the data I've scrounge up going from 75 to 100 forge level isn't game breaking, but it will become important when max level teams go at it. And I think shards for dupes makes sense too, but with only 17 bots released they may be waiting to implement that.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    CandKane wrote: »
    Terminal I think I see what you mean now, adding an option on the space bridge screen to forge vs power up sig makes sense, that way people would still want dupes but they get more freedom in how they progress through the game. According to the data I've scrounge up going from 75 to 100 forge level isn't game breaking, but it will become important when max level teams go at it. And I think shards for dupes makes sense too, but with only 17 bots released they may be waiting to implement that.

Then this thread would have been much more productive with something simple as hey can we get option to forge or dupe bot ect, which is a good idea but all the other nonsense with it being illegal ect just made things spiral
  • 1Pharaoh1Pharaoh Posts: 36
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Then this thread would have been much more productive with something simple as hey can we get option to forge or dupe bot ect, which is a good idea but all the other nonsense with it being illegal ect just made things spiral
    Which is precisely why I said he was making things seem complicated
  • SkubSkub Posts: 28
    Oh wow this is still here. I've been busy so I haven't had a chance to respond.

Terminal raises a good point though, that this game does a number of things that are explicitly illegal in other countries because of how they lean on predatory business tactics that are so bad they had to be stopped. So not only does this game cripple your ability to get duplicate units; frankly having ten 2* bumblebee units would be better than having one, because then I could actually play in the arena and maybe earn more units I want. But the rates are so abysmal it's frustrating. I used all of my saved up energon and "enhanced rates" my ass guys. Not even a one star waspinator from this. I did get three more two-star bumblebees though! If you're going to make the crystals cost far more than regular ones, they shouldn't be a complete rip off.
  • SkubSkub Posts: 28
    Okay, I can't edit my post anymore;

Like typically speaking a huge red flag about this game's rates is that spending ten crystals at once doesn't earn you any kind of bonus. This has become such a staple of gacha games that when a game doesn't do this it's suspect. Whether it's an additional free roll, a discount or simply enhanced rates guaranteeing you a higher ranked unit on one of your things, the vast majority of games will give you some kind of prize for saving up and taking a whole ten rolls at once rather than rolling individually. But this game gives you nothing. It doesn't give you much in the way of free currency, there aren't log in bonuses and the energon you earn for completion missions is finite, and in addition to the slow influx of energon the roll rates are incredibly bad. Usually if a game has a limited supply of currency and expects you to pay a lot, the rates will be better (with the inverse being games that vomit out currency constantly but have hilariously low rates to compensate). But instead this game seems to have rates adjusted for a game that expects people to be far more able to roll.

What I've been seeing on these forums a lot are people who've been playing since beta telling everyone else that the game is fine, that there's nothing wrong with how the game works because they had a massive headstart. They didn't have the same crippling disadvantage either. The arena is virtually impossible for new players thanks to this. Neither I, nor most of the newer players, will ever be able to beat any of you beta players in the arena to get the reward bots. You will always have a huge advantage over us in terms of score because you have more bots. You have more resources. And as you win more bots that advantage only further solidifies.

So once again I reiterate my original stance; this game simply isn't feasible, viable or functional for F2P players. But it's not really great for paying players either unless they have a time machine. This game's core design is so inherently broken, the rates are bad and currency so rare they combine into the single worst gacha I've ever played, that it renders this game barely a step above the chinese bootleg ripoffs of more successful games I've played in the past. I can see why this company's history is a long list of broken, failed games except for that marvel one. A game successful solely because of its marvel IP.