Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Scout to Level up to Rank 3: ****Sideswipe (Ability Awaked) or ****Windblade (not Awakened)?

Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Debating on either scouts... Sideswipe is duped so he'll have a higher overall rating than Windblade and he'll have his ability awakened. But according to iNightSkies, Windblade is the best scout but who knows if and when I'll get her duped???....

which one to rank up??

Scout to Level up to Rank 3: ****Sideswipe (Ability Awaked) or ****Windblade (not Awakened)? 28 votes

**** Sideswipe (Ability Awakened Level 5)
21%
French_BakerDaveJLRemmieDendamPeasOptimalOptimus_MV1 6 votes
**** Windblade (not Awakened)
78%
Spidey076Timmy2ChainzWarCatCanuck33VouterFaithz17Gunz0SynthwaveKillMasterCD3v1LNick_80XhibitANightgauntBobnfloydxxerexxxxSkidsxxBumblebee254ANCIENTNEMESIS1NinjaHunterXMalukhel 22 votes

Comments

• Options
    Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    the only way I would choose sideswipe is if the only thing you were doing with him was using him as a defender. otherwise windblades attack is just so much better.
  • Options
    RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Don't sleep on sideswipe. Wingblade is best scout... Debatably.. only when duped. Toss up between WB and prowl. But w her not duped, I'd personally go sideswipe. Ppl give sideswipe so much ish, but get you the star seeker mastery and go to town w sideswipe
  • Options
    Windblade has a lot more utility. As for the star seeker argument, it's exponential nature means in any fight where you can't keep a string close to 100 going it's really not adding a significant amount of damage.
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Windblade just has too many good synergies and is really mastery-friendly (Deep Wounds, Star Seeker) to pass up (plus, the range-dodging heavies)

Sideswipe is much better now, but just doesn't compare to what Windblade can do.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Anyone suggesting sideswipe over windblade is out to lunch.

Saying sideswipe is better doesn't make it so.

Sideswipe has power gain, and does it well.

Evade buff is really only a factor as a defender.

Has stun on s1

Has a Crit buff that is easily countered. Without it, he hits like a wet noodle.

Has a LOL nullify ability that literally never comes into play.

Has DOT burn almost as an afterthought.

Windblade has so many more tricks up her sleeve.

Multiple ways to stun, and chain stun.

DOT bleed, better than most warriors.

DOT shock on S1.

Armor pierce on s2, with a lingering buff on melee.

Immunity to ranged attacks on heavy.

Huge Crit rate unaffected by getting knocked
    down, and even better when duped.

Limited power control on s1

Wayyyyyy better synergies.

There is no comparison. The only possible argument you can make is if sideswipe had a very very high Sig. His power gain becomes incredible at that point...

Even still, windblade is simply one of the best and fastest killers in the game. Both are scouts so they are equally fragile.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Windblade - chain stun? What? That sounds awesome only if I knew how to do that.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited February 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Windblade - chain stun? What? That sounds awesome only if I knew how to do that.

Ranged on bleeding opponent, stun. Dash in and try dealing 4 stacks of bleed, stun. Continue slicing the pomegranate till KO.

It's more icing on the cake and not really what you should aim for. Keep Windblade a fruit ninja. Chain stun stunt is for Mirage and IH.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Okay, got it.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Windblade is awesome with SM synergy, but when Sideswipe has 10 crit buffs and a cruelty buff, he can be deadly. Especially if you land stun off an sp1, that's 5 ranged hits and a 5 hit combo so the potential
    to chain stun is there also. I think as good as each other, I have both duped but use WB more because of the SM synergy and she is at r4.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »

Ranged on bleeding opponent, stun. Dash in and try dealing 4 stacks of bleed, stun. Continue slicing the pomegranate till KO.

It's more icing on the cake and not really what you should aim for. Keep Windblade a fruit ninja. Chain stun stunt is for Mirage and IH.

The reverse of that works better... Deal 4 bleed stacks to stun, then step back and fire ranged. You'll stun the opponent on the first volley, and have a chance to stun again if you keep firing. 3x chain stun before trying for it again after all the bleeds expire.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Manthro wrote: »
    The reverse of that works better... Deal 4 bleed stacks to stun, then step back and fire ranged. You'll stun the opponent on the first volley, and have a chance to stun again if you keep firing. 3x chain stun before trying for it again after all the bleeds expire.
    Yeah I see it's more doable this way. Still, it's not easy to deal 4 stacks during a 5 combo. If it happens, why not continue slashing but step back to gamble ranged shots when the damage is low as the chance to stun?