Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What the point of regions for arenas?

Just wondering if we really need regions for arenas. It’s not like I know everyone playing in my region so “playing against” them has any benefit.

I bring this up because in the past crystal arena, I did enough to break top 150 which ended up being in the 3% - 4% rank. An alliance member did about 2/3s of my score, but in his region, he got 1% - 2% ranking. Almost doesn’t seem right. Do players in the other regions have less rewards per rank or do they get the same?

We all have access to the same bots. We all play in the same alliance missions. Why break up arenas?
Tagged:

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    If you put them all together, you lose 20 of the top ten rewards, and the number of players in the percentage brackets remains the same.

For example...

2% of 1000 players = 20
    x3 arenas = 60 players.
    Plus 10 from each region getting top ten = 30

Combine arenas and you get:

10 players in top ten
    2% of 3000 = 60 players

It's better to have the arenas separate by region.

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I would like to change regions (without moving of course). My region sucks.

Maybe at leaest try to set the regions so there’s some semblance of balance. The scoring differential is too wide.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    If it's easy to change region then your destination region will suck anyway. By the way, moving won't help. Using proxies either. It's fixed upon first login.

And timezone issue applies.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Split the North American region by time zones, this way we have 40 top players in this region instead of 10.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    American region already has the lowest arena scores. Try being in Asian region. Quite a few of the top scorers for Asia are my alliance mates. I get tired just by responding to their help requests alone :D
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    1.2mil points won't get you 1-2% in crystal bounty arena for Asia region. I'm in Asia so i know.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    Davien wrote: »
    1.2mil points won't get you 1-2% in crystal bounty arena for Asia region. I'm in Asia so i know.

1.2 million won't get you 1-2% in Americas region either.

I know, I scored 1.2 last crystal bounty. The cut off has been higher than that for some time now.

You guys think the grass is greener on the other side, but it's the exact same grass.
  • Manthro wrote: »

I know, I scored 1.2 last crystal bounty. The cut off has been higher than that for some time now.

You guys think the grass is greener on the other side, but it's the exact same grass.

I got 3-4% for 1.5 Million :smile:
    edited February 2018
    Manthro wrote: »

if only more players participate in Arena... then it'll make it much more easier to hit 1-2%
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited February 2018

if only more players participate in Arena... then it'll make it much more easier to hit 1-2%

That why we need to #bringbackmilestones. Who's willing to sacrifice a day of grinding just to serve as bracket fodders?
  • Davien wrote: »

What I don't understand, is why they don't count everybody who logs into the game for the arena pool instead of just who gets the ticket. Obviously don't give rewards without doing at least one match. So if 5,000 people play the game per region but only 1,000 play arena, then everyone falls in the top 20%.

To many rewards you argue? What rewards? The bottom 80% in crystal arena doesn't even get a single shard PBC! 13-20% gets a tiny sliver of a 3* crystal. And top 2% of the 5,000 is a mere 100 players.

@Kabam Miike any chance you can "pass that idea along to the game team"?
    Umerrock wrote: »

Contrast that to one of the regions giving 1% - 2% for a shade under 1 mil. Makes you feel awesome don't it?
  • Admittedly, the Regions didn't have the effect that we had hoped for Arenas. This is something that we're taking a look at for the future.
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    Umerrock wrote: »

Contrast that to one of the regions giving 1% - 2% for a shade under 1 mil. Makes you feel awesome don't it?

What region is that? Definitely not Americas...
  • Umerrock wrote: »

Holy crap that's insane. I gave up on trying to max arenas lol. I'll just have a crap load of unduped 2/20 4*s
    What region is that? Definitely not Americas...

Not sure. How many regions are there? I’m in the US so not whatever region I’m in.
    edited February 2018
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I'd say bring back some sort of milestone...may actually bring back players.
    I don't touch arenas anymore unless I'm bored outta my gourd for the simple fact if you don't dedicate an entire day to grinding, you end up with nothing but garbage...and a wasted day.

this... dont give us arena crystals is ok.. at least give us gold as milestones will really motivate the players. And can't be too low the amount.

1st to 3rd milestones - 5k gold
    4th to 6th milestones - 10k gold EACH,
    7th to 10th milestones - 15k gold EACH.

5k+5k+5k + 10k+10k+10k+ 15k+15k+15k+15k = 90k gold a day from Arena.

earning this much gold everyday is a lot if a player is willing to play.

if this 90k amount is too much then reduce the total to half - 45k. Will leave that to you devs to decide. At least it is something!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I'd say bring back some sort of milestone...may actually bring back players.
    I don't touch arenas anymore unless I'm bored outta my gourd for the simple fact if you don't dedicate an entire day to grinding, you end up with nothing but garbage...and a wasted day.

this... dont give us arena crystals is ok.. at least give us gold as milestones will really motivate the players. And can't be too low the amount.

1st to 3rd milestones - 5k gold
    4th to 6th milestones - 10k gold EACH,
    7th to 10th milestones - 15k gold EACH.

5k+5k+5k + 10k+10k+10k+ 15k+15k+15k+15k = 90k gold a day from Arena.

earning this much gold everyday is a lot if a player is willing to play.

if this 90k amount is too much then reduce the total to half - 45k. Will leave that to you devs to decide. At least it is something!

I don't think that is too much. Maybe even throw shards and energon in there too. The name of the game is FORGED to fight and unless you spend a ton, forging to a decent level is a ridiculously, ridiculously slow process. The fact is that the drop rates are extremely, extremely low from the shard crystals especially, so it wouldn't do any harm. The next thing is that ranking up constantly to get the most out of forging requires a lot of ore and gold - 90k barely gets you to the next rank, nevermind doing the actual rank up, so I really don't think 90k is too much at all and it makes it a great idea.

The undeniable fact is that something needs to change, very quickly.
  • For all you complaining about region based arena. Question were you in the top 10 or 1-2% in old arena? For the most part I will say no. Why are you complain about regions they are good. Milestone should have never been taken away. You guys think less then 1 mil is going to net you some point, your stupid and what do you think is going to happen if they merge region into one? Some of you won’t even scratch the surface. Quit bitching and grind. Rewards are not as good as they should be, got it but why blame regions. Just blame yourself for putting up low points and expecting to get something decent.
  • I really like the gold milestone idea. Some may say that they don't need gold, but others are still stuck needing gold for level/rank ups.
    edited February 2018
    DaveJL wrote: »

I don't think that is too much. Maybe even throw shards and energon in there too. The name of the game is FORGED to fight and unless you spend a ton, forging to a decent level is a ridiculously, ridiculously slow process. The fact is that the drop rates are extremely, extremely low from the shard crystals especially, so it wouldn't do any harm. The next thing is that ranking up constantly to get the most out of forging requires a lot of ore and gold - 90k barely gets you to the next rank, nevermind doing the actual rank up, so I really don't think 90k is too much at all and it makes it a great idea.

yea gold + PBC shards is good enough.. also can add in some basic materials like Ores, T2 sparks etc. All will help to motivate players to grind Arena.

Energon and Arena crystals on the other hand was the reason devs removed arena crystal shards from Arena milestones months ago. I remembered hoarding up energon fast from those Arena crystal shards + some energon that I farmed everyday from Arena milestones... so yea need to maintain a healthy economy - something that isn't doing too much damage to Kabam's incomes as well. Devs still want players to cough up $$ once a while for them to maintain the game. Imo I find getting 10-13 Arena crystals from top 1-4% ranking is good enough... a small chance to get some energon there for top arena players.
    I really like the gold milestone idea. Some may say that they don't need gold, but others are still stuck needing gold for level/rank ups.

thanks.. I proposed this coz was guessing the devs removed arena crystal shards earlier due to players hoarding up energon from them way too fast. Giving gold + PBC shards in between milestones will help a lot already to make players participate more in Arena.

Many times the one resource that I have shortage vastly is gold.. devs need to realize this and add in more venues to farm gold. Many players have 3* and 4* bots lying around but don't have the gold needed to upgraded them up.
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited February 2018
    Take out the god awful raiders bounty add a forge bounty similar to the signature bounty.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
    For all you complaining about region based arena. Question were you in the top 10 or 1-2% in old arena? For the most part I will say no. Why are you complain about regions they are good. Milestone should have never been taken away. You guys think less then 1 mil is going to net you some point, your stupid and what do you think is going to happen if they merge region into one? Some of you won’t even scratch the surface. Quit bitching and grind. Rewards are not as good as they should be, got it but why blame regions. Just blame yourself for putting up low points and expecting to get something decent.

That’s not the point. The point is the disparity of scores needed to reach a certain rank between regions. Why does 1.5 million give 3% - 4% in one region while 1 million is 1% - 2% in another for the same arena? Who do you think [most likely] grinded more to get their score? Who got the better reward?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited February 2018
    DaveJL wrote: »

yea gold + PBC shards is good enough.. also can add in some basic materials like Ores, T2 sparks etc. All will help to motivate players to grind Arena.

Energon and Arena crystals on the other hand was the reason devs removed arena crystal shards from Arena milestones months ago. I remembered hoarding up energon fast from those Arena crystal shards + some energon that I farmed everyday from Arena milestones... so yea need to maintain a healthy economy - something that isn't doing too much damage to Kabam's incomes as well. Devs still want players to cough up $$ once a while for them to maintain the game. Imo I find getting 10-13 Arena crystals from top 1-4% ranking is good enough... a small chance to get some energon there for top arena players.
    I really like the gold milestone idea. Some may say that they don't need gold, but others are still stuck needing gold for level/rank ups.

thanks.. I proposed this coz was guessing the devs removed arena crystal shards earlier due to players hoarding up energon from them way too fast. Giving gold + PBC shards in between milestones will help a lot already to make players participate more in Arena.

I think the spenders will still spend with energon milestones. I know it's a different game but in MCOC you can grind out about 7k units a month for free and people still spend absolute fortunes. All that would happen is that people would be able to buy a few crystals here and there or they would feel more comfortable playing AM at a higher level cos they can afford the repair kits.

I know people don't like MCoC comparisons but everything is the same price in game pretty much - repairs, crystals, even the pop up offers...

So to me it makes sense to establish a similar economy. There are more arenas there, so I think having energon milestones of 60-100 energon per day isn't groundbreaking, but it is definitely something. Would still take ages to save up I think.