“We the players”

So, as we all know, Transformers has won best mobile game. It has been flooding the forums page, also it has been the new hot topic for 2 days or more now in all the chat rooms related to this game. I have been hearing non stop, both positive and negative feed back from all the players in spark family and forged family. Now because of all this hype on the game I’m sure this will generate more player growth thus leading to a much larger player game base. Great news for kabaam($$$). Also great news for arenas, since the percent amounts in rewards is based on the number of players participating in that days arena. That about sums up most of the positives to the award being won.

Now on to some of the negatives I have heard. Which I’m sure it’s been all over the forums already. giving the players an awesome and bodacious rewards since we are the ones who play the game. I want to get people back on track and start talking about the game again and not worry so much about giving us a free reward. Anyway we could resolve this? Not saying give us what we want. But at least give us an answer? Wether there is something in the works for us players or if it is what it is.

Either way, good job to the dev team, and great job to the players who come here and give constructive criticism to make the game better. We all put a large amount of time into this game, both players and developers. And this rewards shows are efforts.
Tagged:

Comments

  • Couldn’t have said it better myself. Wise words. Please answer us players this time and not close the thread. It’s something that should be discussed between you guys and the players. “There can’t be best artists without songs” and so also there can’t be best games without players.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    stop being stingy Kabam give players some rewards (not asking for too much?) for your success. You owe it to them?

    A few TFTF chat rooms are already bringing this up for you guys to just thank them and not give anything back. Kinda sucks isn't it for the players? Imagine how they'd feel?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,736
    Thanks isn't enough?

    I'm happy Kabam recognized the community with some words, I don't need a handout to understand we are appreciated.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Honestly. if you really want something from Kabam, it should be for them to double down on their efforts in fixing various performance and content issues so it won't turn away players, new and old alike.

    Shards, potions, or additional items won't help fix the current issues the game already has.

  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,977
    Manthro wrote: »
    Thanks isn't enough?

    I'm happy Kabam recognized the community with some words, I don't need a handout to understand we are appreciated.

    True, but I won’t complain if they decided to handout 4 star crystals.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    that1guy wrote: »
    Honestly. if you really want something from Kabam, it should be for them to double down on their efforts in fixing various performance and content issues so it won't turn away players, new and old alike.

    Shards, potions, or additional items won't help fix the current issues the game already has.

    it doesn't speak for the rest though.. i'm sure the majority would at least like to see an in game splash screen in regards to this with some freebies.. even if they are just some potions or gold.

    the other issues that the game has is another topic for another time.. for now it's good to celebrate what the game has achieved.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited March 2018
    Guys, this is far from the first time this game has won serious awards. In the past, it hasn't driven more players, and they didn't give anyone anything. Someone just heard about this one and decided they deserved something, and it has snowballed in to a community discussion... but if the past is any indication, don't expect to get anything.

    Google Play Awards - Best Game

    0m8v8u5vdg8k.jpeg


    Unity (engine TFTF is based on) -- Best 3d Visuals (Runner up) <<-- important to note this was against PC and console games too

    ycmmhatx59qe.png


  • Davien wrote: »
    stop being stingy Kabam give players some rewards (not asking for too much?) for your success. You owe it to them?

    A few TFTF chat rooms are already bringing this up for you guys to just thank them and not give anything back. Kinda sucks isn't it for the players? Imagine how they'd feel?

    I don't understand? Why do they owe us something?
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    While they don't owe us anything it is strange how they're handing it. If this was quite a few(basically all) other games they'd have announced it to everyone in game and have a customer appreciation sale with some (compared to usual costs) great offers to keep the hype going.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,736
    xxerexx wrote: »
    While they don't owe us anything it is strange how they're handing it. If this was quite a few(basically all) other games they'd have announced it to everyone in game and have a customer appreciation sale with some (compared to usual costs) great offers to keep the hype going.

    What would you call the recent string of offers we've seen, then?
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Davien wrote: »
    stop being stingy Kabam give players some rewards (not asking for too much?) for your success. You owe it to them?

    A few TFTF chat rooms are already bringing this up for you guys to just thank them and not give anything back. Kinda sucks isn't it for the players? Imagine how they'd feel?

    I don't understand? Why do they owe us something?

    This is exactly what bothers me about these threads. They aren't polite... They sound petulant, demanding, and entitled.... And they claim to speak for the entire community which makes it even more disgraceful.

    Kabam doesn't owe us a damned thing for the game they created.

    I know it's like seeing a commercial for a movie you saw that is currently the most popular move of 2018. Then driving to the theater asking for a free movie ticket because you helped make said movie the most popular.
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    Manthro wrote: »
    xxerexx wrote: »
    While they don't owe us anything it is strange how they're handing it. If this was quite a few(basically all) other games they'd have announced it to everyone in game and have a customer appreciation sale with some (compared to usual costs) great offers to keep the hype going.

    What would you call the recent string of offers we've seen, then?

    Promotion is the key thing here, quietly popping up offers means people will assume these are just the new norms.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,706
    Manthro wrote: »
    xxerexx wrote: »
    While they don't owe us anything it is strange how they're handing it. If this was quite a few(basically all) other games they'd have announced it to everyone in game and have a customer appreciation sale with some (compared to usual costs) great offers to keep the hype going.

    What would you call the recent string of offers we've seen, then?

    they seem to be reading the forums and putting offers up that people ask for on here! Is it really a reward to give us offers for 48.99? It's still a lot of money!

    It's a tricky one, because one doesn't work without the other in terms of players and devs. We support the game via play, recommendations, feedback and purchases so I think giving something back would be a classy touch.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,029
    I'd be happy if they just brought back some milestones
  • Optima1POptima1P Posts: 135
    Manthro wrote: »
    Thanks isn't enough?

    I'm happy Kabam recognized the community with some words, I don't need a handout to understand we are appreciated.

    Yep. Manthro is right. Sure, free energon and a lucky 4-Star bot spin may feel in order, but people really just need to appreciate being recognized as part of a very small community.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,029
    You gotta admit this game gives ALOT of free stuff....save your crystals for just 2 days....every one...and see what you get. It's a VERY generous game. Maybe doesn't give exactly what you want...heck I can't get a basic blue t2 spark to save my life these days, but the generosity is noticed....Dude...Lunar new year freebie week?? Who does that? We still got free stuff for it though.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,706
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    You gotta admit this game gives ALOT of free stuff....save your crystals for just 2 days....every one...and see what you get. It's a VERY generous game. Maybe doesn't give exactly what you want...heck I can't get a basic blue t2 spark to save my life these days, but the generosity is noticed....Dude...Lunar new year freebie week?? Who does that? We still got free stuff for it though.

    they do it in MCoC... have done since before this game... they also give away (terrible) freebies over on MCoC when good stuff happens
  • LOLOLOL...you guys crack me up. :D

    Congrats to Kabam! (And, please put a rush on some new content...let’s shoot for best in show 2018)

    P.S. Screw Machine Zone! j/s
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Davien wrote: »
    that1guy wrote: »
    Honestly. if you really want something from Kabam, it should be for them to double down on their efforts in fixing various performance and content issues so it won't turn away players, new and old alike.

    Shards, potions, or additional items won't help fix the current issues the game already has.

    it doesn't speak for the rest though.. i'm sure the majority would at least like to see an in game splash screen in regards to this with some freebies.. even if they are just some potions or gold.

    the other issues that the game has is another topic for another time.. for now it's good to celebrate what the game has achieved.

    Read the last line of that quote. The award is a nice accolade for what the game achieved, not players. This is something that Kabam earned, and for people who are demanding rewards because they somehow had something to do with Kabam's achievement is hilarious. You don't deserve anything nor do the rest, so stop the sense of entitlement. Is it Kabam's own discretion to approach this how they please, not you.

    The best you can ask for is a purple participation ribbon.
This discussion has been closed.