Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Laggy Response

Comments

• Hey everyone -

We've been looking into this, and have some insight on some common ground across several devices. The similarity that we are seeing is caused by the device having been used for Apps or Games that use a lot of Processing Power (such as TFF). It's no secret that this game is a heavy one, but is not the only contributing factor. As the device warms up, it can cause the game to Lag. Taking short breaks and allowing your device to cool while refreshing the device at the next opening will help with this situation.

It's easy to forget that games on our mobile devices are not like games on Consoles or Computers, and while mobile devices are becoming more capable and powerful, they don't yet compare to the power of those. That all being said, we're not saying that there isn't anything that we can do about this, and we are continuing to work to optimize the game for all devices, and to ensure a smoother playing experience for all players! We're determined to mitigate these factors and give you all the best playing experience that we can.

Also, if you experience these issues at the start of the game being open (while your device is at a cooler temperature) we'd super appreciate a video of this along with the specific device information.

• Also, if you experience these issues at the start of the game being open (while your device is at a cooler temperature) we'd super appreciate a video of this along with the specific device information.

For me personally it’s entirely random, not related to length of time played or heat, and with the most powerful iOS device on the market at the moment I doubt it’s related to device limitations. The other problem is because of it’s random nature it’s impossible (in my instance) to record it, and even if I did i’m not sure what could be learned from it since you can’t see my thumbs to then see the delayed response time. All I can say for sure is it began with the latest game update, and i’m on an iPhone 8 Plus 11.0.3.
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87

Also, if you experience these issues at the start of the game being open (while your device is at a cooler temperature) we'd super appreciate a video of this along with the specific device information.

For me personally it’s entirely random, not related to length of time played or heat, and with the most powerful iOS device on the market at the moment I doubt it’s related to device limitations. The other problem is because of it’s random nature it’s impossible (in my instance) to record it, and even if I did i’m not sure what could be learned from it since you can’t see my thumbs to then see the delayed response time. All I can say for sure is it began with the latest game update, and i’m on an iPhone 8 Plus 11.0.3.

I have to agree with you, it seems to be random on my 10.5 iPad Pro. For example, last night I was working on arena. With a cool device that had been previously resting and nothing active, I continued on a win streak at 12 wins. Fight #12 and #13 were very quick and responsive, there was no hesitation when swiping or firing. The bot responded as expected and quickly. Entering fight #14 however, it was instantly laggy, swiping felt like an entire second or more before the bot would actually move. Tapping a couple times to fire a weapon from distance would be even slower. All 3 fights in that match were laggy and sluggish to respond. Moving onto fight #15 it was back to the original two matches where it was quick to respond and didn't have issues moving.

If it was a heat or device issue, why would changing matches dictate how responsive your bot is?
  • Next time it happens for anyone, try to take notice which Map it happens on. Maybe that’s the common link!
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    edited March 2018
    @Kabam Vydious Its the desert maps (mostly) but also any map with a pillar. The stuff going on in the background is killing the FPS. I have an Ipad pro and it just started lagging only on these maps every since the newest update. I will post some pictures later after hours.
  • The situation has come to a point where I cannot even play 2 raids in a row. I'm even losing attacks on 15k defense while I'm used to winning in the 15-30k range.

Even the game menu are slow.
    Arena, and daily or story mission are the only part of the game I can still have "easy" victories, at the cost of longer fight.
    Why?
    Because they are easy, and more tolerant to damages.
    Everywhere else, not being able to finish a combo, launch a special or evade an attack leads to a certain death.

I suspect that the mods might be causing the lags and overheating problems, as they are more important and occur almost immediately in game modes where there are some.

As far as posting some videos, well, first, it makes the gameplay even worst. Second, having tried already, the video is much faster than the actual fight.
    To make it useful, we need to shoot the movie with a second device
  • I’ve noticed it mainly on the “fallen titan” map I think it’s called? Tried to dash with windblade and it did nothing, and a sidestep with primal completely failed. Hope this helps narrow it down a little.
  • The situation has come to a point where I cannot even play 2 raids in a row. I'm even losing attacks on 15k defense while I'm used to winning in the 15-30k range.

Even the game menu are slow.
    Arena, and daily or story mission are the only part of the game I can still have "easy" victories, at the cost of longer fight.
    Why?
    Because they are easy, and more tolerant to damages.
    Everywhere else, not being able to finish a combo, launch a special or evade an attack leads to a certain death.

I suspect that the mods might be causing the lags and overheating problems, as they are more important and occur almost immediately in game modes where there are some.

As far as posting some videos, well, first, it makes the gameplay even worst. Second, having tried already, the video is much faster than the actual fight.
    To make it useful, we need to shoot the movie with a second device

@Kabam Vydious I had the same problem what @TheBeastInside said .
    The recorded video and and the gameplay plays at different frame rates. I was surprised to see the video is ok while i had issue catching the moment in gameplay. I thought i was alone so i didn’t bring up this thing earlier.
    Recorded video play smooth in ahort while gameplay lags .
  • But I’ll surely post the video the sec I notice lags and late inputs
  • WraithWraith Posts: 34
    But I’ll surely post the video the sec I notice lags and late inputs

If you have another phone, it's better to record your fingers too while swiping so the developers will acknowledge the input lag or the sticky feet bug
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Wraith wrote: »
    But I’ll surely post the video the sec I notice lags and late inputs

If you have another phone, it's better to record your fingers too while swiping so the developers will acknowledge the input lag or the sticky feet bug

Might be better to use a GoPro because someone else may need to hold the 2nd phone lol
  • splendicsplendic Posts: 56
    I'm using a Pixel C and a Moto X4 both on the latest OS updates.

I've noticed that input attempts that worked well in the past now seen to require much more exaggerated movements to pull off... meaning I have to swipe further than normal to initiate a dash or dodge.

My bots have been blocking when I meant them to dodge, and firing ranged shots, or using their heavy attack when I meant to rush in.

Like I said, it can be mostly overcome by swiping further, but it's definitely not the same amount of motion I've been using for the past year, and also adds additional microseconds of standing still that opens you up to attack.
  • DeadSilenceDeadSilence Posts: 101
    Iphone 7+ iOS 11.3

Day 1 lag phone gets hot when playing for along time unless i play outside in the freezing cold
  • Sticky feet and the input response problems are happening 100% of the time in high difficulty game play. Most noticeable in expert spotlights but also happens in arena facing teams over 10k and raid on bases over 20k with jacked up mods.
    Device temp has nothing to do with it, cold or warm it’s always the same
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Sticky feet and the input response problems are happening 100% of the time in high difficulty game play. Most noticeable in expert spotlights but also happens in arena facing teams over 10k and raid on bases over 20k with jacked up mods.

Already stated that device overheating is an additional factor.

Not once was it claimed that it is the only reason for lag and slow down.

They have acknowledged the game is resource heavy and it indeed needs further optimization to straighten it out.

There is no denying that overheating is a factor in many cases though.
    edited April 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    Sticky feet and the input response problems are happening 100% of the time in high difficulty game play. Most noticeable in expert spotlights but also happens in arena facing teams over 10k and raid on bases over 20k with jacked up mods.

They have acknowledged the game is resource heavy and it indeed needs further optimization to straighten it out.

In that case, shouldn't all the game processes(and the device) become slower as a result of thermal throttling including the a.i movements? How come we get a laggy response while the a.i still moves gracefully and land a hit that was supposed to be evaded? Why only the input processing part of the game that get slowed down and not the entire game?
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    I've been paying closer attention to the backgrounds when experiencing the issues. I don't know what it's called, but it's the one that looks like there are dead titans in the background, hands and arms coming up from the ground and has all the red veins running through the ground where you're fighting. Trying to fire and dash or evade and counter on this area for some reason has a delay in taking actions for me on my 10.5 iPad Pro.
  • Cyonker1Cyonker1 Posts: 6
    My iPad mini 4 isn’t responding properly. I’ll try to fire and it won’t fire. I tap repeatedly and nothing happens. It’s doesn’t always happen and is completely random. Sometimes I’ll press to block and instead the bot rushes in instead. It happens when I first turn it on and after playing. It’s completely random. Sometimes it just freezes and nothing will happen. I have to wait for it to start again and hope I’m not getting hit when it restarts. I have to play on my iPhone 7+ instead. I don’t have thread issues on it but it heats up extremely and then lags excessively.
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 3
    I’ve been suffered by the issues, glitch and becoming slow so that I sometime lost my match..
    I want to know whether that caused on my iphineX only or not.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    Ran into an interesting issue today, it wasn't lag per say but the game slowed down and moved very slow. It actually worked in my benefit because I could easily see what the opponent was going to do next and Dodge or attack. I didn't catch a video of it but will keep an eye out for it to happen again.
    edited April 2018
    Bumping this up because not only the game response to the touch was lagged to hell, the character didn't move at all even after some hard swiping while the opponent moved in so smoothly(no lag at all) and did his sp1 at me right at that moment as if they know that the input wouldn't work. Kabam really needs to rework their input system. Or at least improve it for the next update.
  • For everyone experiencing these lags and/or other issues of crashing - please give us your device information so we can investigate further. Every device is different and operates differently, it helps to know just what you're running the game on.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium
    4GB Ram
    64GB internal Storage
    Snapdragon 835
    Android 8.0.0 (Android 9.0.0 is rolling out for my phone starting next month)
    The game constantly lags, the touch input is a 50/50, the game has a tendency to crash a lot.
    The graphics and effects are pretty bad and look nothing like was actually shown... I get that every device is different but come on guys.. This is a 2017 flagship phone that costed me £700, and this game just runs so bad on it
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Wraith wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

In that case, shouldn't all the game processes(and the device) become slower as a result of thermal throttling including the a.i movements? How come we get a laggy response while the a.i still moves gracefully and land a hit that was supposed to be evaded? Why only the input processing part of the game that get slowed down and not the entire game?

This seems to happy when the battery power is low and in the past it has happened when available RAM was low
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    We have been giving our device information for over a year now. Please fix the damned lag already. As of this last month I experience several lag spikes per fight. Its getting worse and worse and worse. Not better at all.
  • Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited August 2018
    Edit: not hardware issue, game engine issue.
    mobile phones are not xbox/ps, dont build the game for xbox/ps and ship them to phones.
  • Samsung Galaxy J7
    Android version 7.1.1
    The lag has gotten progressively worse since the Jazz spotlight. Yesterday, I closed all apps and cleared the cashe of my phone before I opened Forged to fight. The first fight i played (expert Wheeljack spotlight) was EXTREMELY LAGGY. My combos weren't connecting and game would freeze for 10 seconds or more mid fight. By the time the lag stopped, I was already dead. I have used quite a bit of energon on repairs because of this. This issue needs to be addressed quickly KABAM. I understand you're trying but this is unacceptable.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    If this issue is being fixed (which is great) why cant we get some updates on whats going on with crashing issues?
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    Raduski wrote: »
    Hi guys . I want to add also the delay of selecting bots during a mission or a raid. What’s with that? Why should we tap a bot multiple times or wait 1 or 2 seconds for the bot to be selected? If not patient enough you risk starting the fight with the wrong bot. Also the AI that is preselecting the bots for the fight, should select the matching class advantage if the rank is similar, and not the strongest bot in your team. Think about it. Thanks!

And also everytime I try to select a new bot I would crash as well (most of the time, so I try not to select a new bot)
This discussion has been closed.