Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

5 star bots

DarkMatrixDarkMatrix Posts: 54
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Recently Kabam Miike provided us with this thread of new additions to the game following the 1 year anniversary of this games release https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/4313/transformers-forged-to-fight-1-year-anniversary-new-content-new-features-and-much-more#latest . The thing that most caught my eye was the release of 5 star bots, so my question is, do you think the majority (or atleast a good bit of) the players are ready for 5 stars?

Comments

• No. The vast majority of the capped 4* were done with bought sparks. That artificially accelerated the leveling process for those who could afford it, but did nothing for the player base as a whole.

It all depends on how they're acquired, what they can be used for, and what resources are needed for leveling. Can they be used for raiding/defending? Arenas? Both of those will be a HUGE disadvantage to those without. Will the require 2-3 t3c to rank up? I've heard the stories of the $100 alpha sparks and if that's what I have to compete against, count me out.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    The other thing to consider is that the path to a 5-star bot in all likelihood may not look the same as it does in MCOC. One thing I've appreciated about this dev team is that while yes, TFTF is technically a re-skin of MCOC, it's still managed to do a lot things differently from it. I never played MCOC, so I don't know how the whole 5-star thing went down, but it I'll reserve judgement until they drop the news.

But yeah, as of right now, my gut is telling me that this was maybe a little too soon; I'm willing to be convinced or persuaded otherwise though.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    The other thing to consider is that the path to a 5-star bot in all likelihood may not look the same as it does in MCOC. One thing I've appreciated about this dev team is that while yes, TFTF is technically a re-skin of MCOC, it's still managed to do a lot things differently from it. I never played MCOC, so I don't know how the whole 5-star thing went down, but it I'll reserve judgement until they drop the news.

But yeah, as of right now, my gut is telling me that this was maybe a little too soon; I'm willing to be convinced or persuaded otherwise though.

I wasn't an original player in MCoC, I came after the release of 5 stars so I also don't know how it went down originally, however just from what I know from playing MCoC it stands to reason that 5 stars will be distributed in much the same way, and require the same amount of shards as they do in MCoC (10,000). You would most likely get these shards through the new difficulty known as "master" and forging (which to my knowledge does not exist in MCoC). Forging (in my mind) also poses a problem, those who have maxed put 4 stars will most likely eventually have to forge them into 5 stars losing hard earned sparks, such as tier 3 class and tier 2 alpha (both of which I couldn't obtain if my life depended on it). However while I am not sure if we as a whole are ready for 5 stars I also am willing to change my mind.
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    Look, guys,

The paying players are in a lot of ways the most important players because they make the game actually possible in the first place. I understand that a lot of gamers look at games as just fun, but to the programmers, artists, managers, accountants, even the janitors who clean the Kabam offices, it's a way for them to make money and feed their families the same way most adults do at other types of jobs.

I work in IT myself, and I program to a degree for my company, and it's not easy work. The amount of man hours that went into creating and maintaining this game probably goes into the tens of thousands. We have to somehow pay the salaries of all the people who worked to make this game possible, or it just can't continue to happen. Add to that just the costs of running the servers that allow the game to run (like if they never added anything else to the game but continued it to run as is, would need to be paid to allow it to actually function) could be anywhere from a few thousand per month upwards, depending on how many people are interfacing with the server at peak times (it has to be able to handle when nearly all of us are on because that does happen sometimes)

Games as a whole have changed their financing models to in-game purchases because games aren't like they used to be in the past (for the most part). You bought a game, could play it as much as you wanted, but the company didn't have to provide anything beyond the product sold in the package. These new games are different. They provide a multiplayer experience and constantly updated content.

There is another model that works, however. They could charge a flat monthly fee to players, and everyone would have a pretty equal chance at earning top honors. This also works, but usually ends up in a smaller player base, and when you can't afford to pay, you can't play. This way, you can pay to get ahead (and support the game), or not and continue to play and earn stuff by only earning it through grinding.

I really prefer this system :)
  • in·fla·tion
    inˈflāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    noun: inflation

the action of inflating something or the condition of being inflated.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    just play the game if you like it.. if you don't then move on to some other game. It's that simple.

5*s will inevitably come whether you like it or not. Devs know better on when to drop it so if they think it's best they do it now then let them do so... This game involves $$ to build and maintain so we can't all think about our own progress only. Paying player base (especially those that spend a lot) is what the devs are concern most.. they need new bots to farm in order to keep them interested.