Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Energon & Energy Ads not working [Not A Bug]

2»

Comments

• Hey everyone -

For starters, thank you all for your patience while we looked into this. We definitely understand how frustrating this can be and we wanted to figure out what was going on with it.

After checking into this we were able to determine that due to how our ad partners work we may not always have an ad to share depending on your region or device. This is out of our control as it's on our ad provider to determine if there is a proper/suitable ad to display. I apologize that I don't have news y'all would've liked to hear, but this does mean that ads should pop every so often if you aren't seeing them in that moment.

I had a feeling it was a "lack of available ads" issue. Thank you for confirming it!

Back to my original question. Is it possible to get it changed so we can claim the 9 mission energy when the ads aren't available? This way the players aren't penalized for there being no ads.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Hey everyone -

For starters, thank you all for your patience while we looked into this. We definitely understand how frustrating this can be and we wanted to figure out what was going on with it.

After checking into this we were able to determine that due to how our ad partners work we may not always have an ad to share depending on your region or device. This is out of our control as it's on our ad provider to determine if there is a proper/suitable ad to display. I apologize that I don't have news y'all would've liked to hear, but this does mean that ads should pop every so often if you aren't seeing them in that moment.

Yes don't blame the devs.. if your region doesn't have a company willing to pay for ads to advertise on this game then too bad.

I do see localize ads from our local e-commerce sites such as Shoppee and Lazada (i'm from Malaysia btw) so I was suspecting due to difference in regions influencing what is being displayed on the ads in this game. Brilliant coz it means ads will be customized to where you are at and showing only what is related to you. Also means more revenue for Kabam due to the many regions in the world.

If your place doesn't have any then I feel sorry for you.. maybe in future Kabam can make those that lack ads receive global ads instead (from apps/games etc that are available globally/everywhere). That way is a win-win for everyone - devs, advertisers, and players.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited April 2018
    Davien wrote: »
    Yes don't blame the devs.. if your region doesn't have a company willing to pay for ads to advertise on this game then too bad.

I do see localize ads from our local e-commerce sites such as Shoppee and Lazada (i'm from Malaysia btw) so I was suspecting due to difference in regions influencing what is being displayed on the ads in this game. Brilliant coz it means ads will be customized to where you are at and showing only what is related to you. Also means more revenue for Kabam due to the many regions in the world.

If your place doesn't have any then I feel sorry for you.. maybe in future Kabam can make those that lack ads receive global ads instead (from apps/games etc that are available globally/everywhere). That way is a win-win for everyone - devs, advertisers, and players.

i know my issue is not due to region. I have two phones that I use to play and when on my home network, only one of the phones work. I also live where Kabam is located and I highly doubt Kabam is unable to find an ad provider for my region.

a global ad regardless of region/device will be a nice fix or an auto reward, something because of right now if you can't get the ads, your out of luck and there's nothing you can do about it. It's essentially giving certain players an advantage. Those energy refills helps a lot when you're trying to complete multiple missions. The energon not so much but if done daily, those will add up too.
  • Hey everyone -

The issue I question about that is, it worked fine for months. Now all of a sudden for the past month or more its become an issue? Weird. I know what I would do, I would be looking into a different add provider. Sounds pretty lame to me. Excuses constantly. Noone is to be held accountable it seems. I just don't understand why it was okay for so long now it's not? I know Kabam is not responsible or so it sounds because it sounds like you guys outsource this service? Well they're no longer able to provide the service so fire them! Atleast thats what would happen in my line of work. If I was unable to provide the service or services originally described in the contract, I would be rightfully fired by my customer for not being able to meet requirements set prior to obtaining employment. Simple solution, I would think.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    it started working yesterday!