Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Expert Megatron is a cheat, so is Kabam

I find it interesting when I'm making any type of headway on Megatron in expert mode my bot totally stops responding. Won't Dodge, stands there when a heavy or special is commanded, and stays stunned for about 10 seconds....why don't you just take things straight from my inventory while you're at it Kabam?

Comments

• Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    The trick to Megatron is to minimize your movement and let him commit to an action instead of you.

The mods and the extreme aggressive AI he has at that power level punishes you when you commit to panic actions. He just tracks you and smashes you.

Slow down. Patience is key here. Only keep track of energon shield, and don't even worry about the cycle resist. It will throw you off. When you find the opening and attack, give him everything you've got even if resist is up for that type of attack, then back off. Take a more tactical approach. You will succeed.

Damage debuff bots help immensely against him.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    That's the thing...I make progress... Megatron is one of my bots on AMs and while they aren't as aggressive, I'm good at fighting him and dodging those cannon shots, but when I go to Dodge and my bot just stands there like a dunce, or when I go to finish that combo with a heavy and again, he just stands there.... I can't help but think it's part of the program at this point. I made it through the entire field with 1 bot..and still had half his life left. I have a phone that's 4 days old, so it's not the phone. I'm at full 4g LTE signal...phone is running lighting fast.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I find Expert Megatron easier than Kickback with his evades
  • Options
    I would figure so since Kickback is the main boss, right?
  • Options
    Of course I sent a ticket in and got a bunch of cookie cutter responses.
  • Options
    Actually I found kickback to be way easier than megatron. Whether I was nuking him with galvatron (he only evades melee), or shredding him with bone. Megatron was by far the hardest bot this month, but with some patience he's definitely doable. Focus on dodging the heavies and his energon shield. Remember he has a ranged speed/damage mod so those come flying fast. Patience is the key.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Megatron is a lot easier than last month’s MV. Just heavy with Ironhide when energon shield down. The burn will get him regardless of cycle resistance. Run when energon shield up.
  • Options
    SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    As Manthro says patience is key. One thing that Ive noticed Megs tends to do is get into a heavy attack loop. I just hang back and dodge left and right because he just drops heavy after heavy without taking any other action. After the shield goes down I ping him with a ranged attack then charge in for melee. I really liked Windblade for this match because her specials are fast and she really stacks bleeds.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/bS2yY6wNfes

Here is a little idea about the fight.
    No doubt he is hard then regular AM mega .
    Had to wait for single hit to land when Energon shield go down.
  • Options

With that being the first "attempt", he's already at full health. Wail away and power build. He can't heal past full.
  • Options
    Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    I found him to be the worst boss by far, and i had to revive and repair to get him. He is a pain in the A, but he is doable wothout a doubt. And Im definetely not a high skilled player looking at technique, more the dash and smash type.
  • Options
    I don't play at expert, I don't have the skill or patience to deal with these mods.
  • Options
    Although i defeated him, i have the same feeling than you @DrShotgun : Megatron, like some other bots is hard to beat because the phone won't let you use your classic fighting style.

But to be more positive than you, I refuse to think it's intentional : I prefer thinking it's just due to the fact its mod and IA are more resource intensive
  • Options

That was a good fight but I only wish Megatron in my fight was so passive. I tried to Dodge like that but he was ALL over me like ugly on an apes rear. I dodged and he came at me and never let off.
  • Options
    I keep watching this fight over and over. He made it look easy.. although I don't have an r5 bot so I can hit as hard and when he hits me that's half my life or more, plus every single heavy stuns me, without fail, so one mistake and the fight is over, I am getting a little further in each time. Prowl seems to do really well because his buffs and power control.
  • Options
    Went back and made this video for some alliance members who were having trouble. I believe this was my 6th run at him, first time only using 1 bot.

As you'll see, first bot in should be beating the snot outta him regardless of energon shield. He's already full health, can't heal anymore. Keep him at range while shield is up and focus on dodging the heavies. The only time I even glance at the resistance is when preparing a special. Shield being down ensures he's partially vulnerable. Obviously bait the specials (I was asked why I held my sp3 so long). Patience, patience, patience.

https://youtu.be/G2hwc-ooVDM
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Just a small tip to those facing aggressive AI, stop moving or weaving around the map as much - the AI only reacts to player movement and tries to counter as such. This is evident from what you see in the videos above of how the spends most of its time AI firing off heavies only when he stays still, and not being overly aggressive.
  • Options
    That's good advice....maybe that's my issue...I'm constantly bobbing and weaving
  • Options
    xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    So far for me he all he does is heavy spam and holds his special until a misstep (my fault or lag) and annihilates me. Jatinder, last_frontier and inightskies videos look like a different fight.
  • Options
    Watching the video above was an EXTREME help for me. I beat expert Megatron, all my bots were dead, but movie Prime pulled it through with 100 health left.

I had...

4 Star Movie Prime Rank 4/40
    4 Star Soundwave Rank 4/20
    4 Star Prowl Rank 4/20
    4 Star Ultra Magnus Rank 3/30
    3 Star Ironhide Rank 4/40

I had to use all 20 of the tier one health kits to bring Prime to full health before using him as the final bot to kill Megatron.

All you have to do is what they say on this thread. Stand still and block. Take ranged and melee hits on block. Try to dodge if you can. DO NOT get hit by the heavy attack. Wait for Energon shield to drop, wait for your chance to attack, and lay into Megatron no matter what Resistance Buff he has on. You will beat him eventually.

I would have had him done with out healing Prime except for a few missteps with the other four bots.