Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Defensive Power Gain mod

I recently switched lanes and now I feel the pain that others have mentioned. The defensive power gain is absurd. Fighting Grindor without even firing a ranged or attacking he blocked from s1 straight to s3. The mod needs adjusting. Either allow a charge to s2 similar to the raid mod or make it a huge power gain when blocking an actual attack. To have not fired a shot and the enemy gets s3 is crazy.

@Kabam Miike

Comments

• Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    That mod is horrifying.

Rhinox, Kickback, Prowl and Shockwave are the only bots that come anywhere near being able to handle it.

Soundwave and Mirage power control isn't strong enough, and WB can't stop it at all.

The only other bot that can counter the power gain is a tech shark.. and nobody is gonna use a shark in AM

Even then.. the power gain is far too steep. One bad move = game over.
  • Options
    Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Best tip I can give is to keep moving & baiting Sp1 because if you wait to bait they're Sp2 there's a good chance they will get to a Sp3. Mix is more of a problem then Grindor because he wants to always block because of his sig.
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Jay32 wrote: »
    Best tip I can give is to keep moving & baiting Sp1 because if you wait to bait they're Sp2 there's a good chance they will get to a Sp3. Mix is more of a problem then Grindor because he wants to always block because of his sig.

Yep, basically I don't use Mirage because his ranged just causes Mix to block. Most of the time he's kept in check by Prowl but as soon as they hit s1 I start trying to bait but two days both Mix and Grindor blocked straight from s1 to s3. Basically they blocked so I try to get close and heavy and they backstep straight back into block.

Almost any alternative, like using Mirage's unblockable melee just causes them to charge up too quickly normally.

Faithz17 wrote: »
    It would be great and does make more sense if they gain power if hit when blocking, rather than just blocking their way to SP3.

I think it's pretty broken given the AI. If we're punished heavily for attacking into block then I'm on board but the way it plays now is pretty bad.

Either that or cap it at s2 or even do a slower gain at each special level. This is hands down the worst mod there is in AM.
  • Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    edited March 2018
    I think this mod needs to be removed and replace it with the same mod on soundwave. I think it is 200% power gain for 7.5 seconds or something.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    The best advice I was given for this mod was not to be aggressive, just dance around and let him attack you then counter. If you are aggressive, AI tends to block and gain power.

I do use Mirage on Mix and I love him. Use his SP1 and then his range attacks will power burn. Easy to bait Mix SP1 and SP2 with Mirage. If all else fails, even if Mix SP3, Mirage shield takes minimal damage.