Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Advice needed for dodging special

I’m having issues with dodging prowl’s sp2, and the last hit of bludgeon’s sp2. Tried sidestepping at multiple points leading up to the shots, but can’t find the gap if there is one. Are these shots just unavoidable, and left with no option but to block, or is there a precise point to sidestep that doesn’t involve taking damage?

Prowl’s is proving particularly nasty in arena, where the majority of my bots are still 3*. If I’m against anything with more than double my bots PI, Outside an armoured brawler, I’m losing almost half health even when blocking. bludgeon’s is less of a problem, but still annoying to lose a good chunk of health to it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Do not sidestep! You have to dash back with perfect timing, with prowl when he shoots dash back, then wait, then dash back again when he fires the 2nd shot
    For bludgeon dodge as you normally would then when he shoots, dash back, this requires really precise timing so keep practicing it!
    Hope this helps
  • Thanks mate, I’ll give them a try. Does range affect the likelihood of dodging? Usually i stay ranged until I get a shot through, then in with combo, then back again, so I never let myself get cornered. Seems to coax prowl’s sp2 out quite quickly
    Thanks mate, I’ll give them a try. Does range affect the likelihood of dodging? Usually i stay ranged until I get a shot through, then in with combo, then back again, so I never let myself get cornered. Seems to coax prowl’s sp2 out quite quickly

Pretty certain range doesn’t matter, just the timing. While bludgeon is still a ballache for me to dodge, I can easily do prowl now just gotta get the timing right
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Bludgeon's rank laser is easy, Prowl's shotgun laser is insanely hard to time, we need a person like Dorky Diggedy Dave to show us a slow mo video of him activating his SP2 and analyze every single detail to know when to dash back
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Bludgeon's rank laser is easy, Prowl's shotgun laser is insanely hard to time, we need a person like Dorky Diggedy Dave to show us a slow mo video of him activating his SP2 and analyze every single detail to know when to dash back

Why? It's really easy. Just wait for the gun spin.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Why? It's really easy. Just wait for the gun spin.

THANK YOU!!!!
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    For Bludgeon's special, when he fully puts his sword in the ground, dash back. As for prowl, it's a good idea not to keep sidestepping if you're anticipating the special from him. It's best to block, or dash back instead as there a chance you will dodge it by doing so. If you block, you can atleast mitigate the damage, and dodge the second shot when he spins the gun.
  • Yeah, I've no luck dodging prowls first shot, only blocking and backstepping the second. He's just too fast on the draw.

I credit Inqosly for sharing a video on YouTube of someone fighting bludgeon for showing me how to dodge the cannon blast.
    Yeah, I've no luck dodging prowls first shot, only blocking and backstepping the second. He's just too fast on the draw.

I credit Inqosly for sharing a video on YouTube of someone fighting bludgeon for showing me how to dodge the cannon blast.

If you’re talking about the R5 megatron vs am bludgeon Fight, that was JAVI’s gameplay
  • Dodging prowl sp-2
    To dodge his last his wait for him to reload/revolve his riffle when he points at you then dash back

For bludgeon last hit.

Dash back when he land his sword on the ground after that its safe to pull back
    Prowl tends to activate his sp2 if you are walking (not dashing) towards him, so I just walk and be ready with the dash back
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Bludgeons sp2 dash back cadence is one alligator two alligator three alligator same goes for Prowl except it’s a two count, you can count 1000s or Mississippi either way it’s a full second in between dashes, the only sp2 I’m having trouble figuring out the count for is Shockwaves, I know it’s a sidestep but I can’t figure out when to execute.
  • MaxBebop wrote: »
    Bludgeons sp2 dash back cadence is one alligator two alligator three alligator same goes for Prowl except it’s a two count, you can count 1000s or Mississippi either way it’s a full second in between dashes, the only sp2 I’m having trouble figuring out the count for is Shockwaves, I know it’s a sidestep but I can’t figure out when to execute.

Credit to Inqosly, backstep the wave and then double side step the beam.
    MaxBebop wrote: »

Credit to Inqosly, backstep the wave and then double side step the beam.

Only time this doesn't work is if you are close to him and against the wall. You have to go away from the wall with the side steps, not against it.
  • Have to say thanks for the pointers guys, been a massive help. Those 2 specials have been a pain for so long, I should have asked sooner. Both tactics are working well, although prowl will still take some more practise to get the full special nailed, the second shot is still catching me.

My tactic with shockwave is to keep dashing to he left as soon as his sp2 activates. Providing there’s at least a backstep worth if distance between the bots it usually gets me out of harms way
  • Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 148
    Just managed to dodge shockwave S2 twice in the same fight. Dodge back for the first hit and sidestep when his gun moves. If he shoots, it’s too late.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Frugalli88 wrote: »
    Just managed to dodge shockwave S2 twice in the same fight. Dodge back for the first hit and sidestep when his gun moves. If he shoots, it’s too late.

Just back away from the blast and start swiping down a few times. No timing needed.