Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How to bait special attacks?

I tried to bait Grimlock’s L2 for a minute but nothing happened, he just kept hitting my block and walking slowly when I’m far away from him
Perhaps I don’t know how to bait special attacks properly, so does anyone know know how you can get your opponent to use their special attack?

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Not much you can do man, it’s that stupid AI programmed to sp3 spam: TRANSFORMERS Forged To SP3
    But usually recording the good for nothing sp3 user helps they chicken out because they don’t want to be exposed
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    to bait Grimlocks S2 I let my bot walk forward towards him. Same applies to a few specials - mainly motormaster sp1 and prowl sp2 as well
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    DaveJL wrote: »
    to bait Grimlocks S2 I let my bot walk forward towards him. Same applies to a few specials - mainly motormaster sp1 and prowl sp2 as well

I’ll try that, you’ll need good reflexes though
    DaveJL wrote: »

I’ll try that, you’ll need good reflexes though

mate I am like a cat.

I have 9 lives.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Says the guy that can't bait sp attack ;)

Jp, but I've found of a bot is being stubborn, and you're flat out not using block, to block and release then back step and repeat . . Seems sometimes the a.i. needs to register that you're block is down, so blocking seems reset the a.i. the back step is a.) For easier dodging, b.) To maintain distance and c.) With added distance one can spam block-unblock. Strafing around w no block sometimes does it
    One trick on Mcoc was to quick tap block repeatedly. That seemed to bait out a special. I don't dare try it here though