Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arena brackets

So I heard that Beta players and day 1 release players are in the same bracket for arena now. I just want to know how is that fair, this is screwing the new guys over. MCOC has a newbie bracket as they cannot compete with the more powerful summoners. It's too much to ask for day 1 players to go against folks that have been playing for four months. I've been grinding for 72 hours strait but I will not get the featured champion because my new roster isn't large enough. This is just wrong and it needs to be addressed ASAP!

Comments

• If this is true i better not of grinded 400k in 3 star arena for a 3 star ironhide for nothing
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    1) 400k won't get you anything close to the bot
    2) you are not getting screwed Bc new players are now putting up the same numbers as beta players so it is fair that we are merged
  • New guys in game r putting millions in 4str arenas..... wake up
  • uLtrashOck wrote: »
    New guys in game r putting millions in 4str arenas..... wake up

New gamers with hundreds of dollars dumped in probably. Ahhhhhh good ol F2P model heh. Oh well everyone ends up with pretty much the same thing eventually.

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    So I heard that Beta players and day 1 release players are in the same bracket for arena now. I just want to know how is that fair, this is screwing the new guys over. MCOC has a newbie bracket as they cannot compete with the more powerful summoners. It's too much to ask for day 1 players to go against folks that have been playing for four months. I've been grinding for 72 hours strait but I will not get the featured champion because my new roster isn't large enough. This is just wrong and it needs to be addressed ASAP!

Why do you bother to play a game that you do nothing but complain about this is I can't count how many threads your crying over something
  • These are issues, stop posting my y thread if you have a problem. It's unfair that a day 1 guy is going head to head with people who have had MONTHS to prepare for arena. Being able to be in the noob bracket was a huge reason I even came here and it's upsetting to me that even that is being taken away to us unfairly. This isn't right especially that in this companies other game they do have a noob bracket so why would they not do the same here. The only reason why **** are putting up crazy scores is cause they are forced into spending money into going against larger guys. It's uncalled for and wrong, we should have a chance to grow before we get thrown into the mix.
  • 400k is ALOT of points when you have only been playing for a week. Captainnagi totally deserves a decent placing for that score. But he will most likely not get much because again all his hard work is for nothing since Kabam thinks it's ok to not give new players a good start.
  • DreadspectreDreadspectre Posts: 123
    edited April 2017
    400k is ALOT of points when you have only been playing for a week. Captainnagi totally deserves a decent placing for that score. But he will most likely not get much because again all his hard work is for nothing since Kabam thinks it's ok to not give new players a good start.

Even if they didn't have Beta players, he wouldn't get anything most likely. The rewards only go to the top players and the top players will be dropping lots of money for crystals to get ahead on bot pool, anything they can buy to rank up and spending energon on resetting the cooldown on using Bots in arenas.

Anyone who ears the top rewards in the Arenas didn't get it for free, they most likely spent real money or at least Energon(which is basically money, at least in the quantities you'd need to make an impact in arena) to earn that top reward.

edited April 2017
    So are you telling me you been getting features? Because guys getting 4* features in noob bracket been putting up 2 million points... guys in beta putting up 2 million points...

Hmm just because you aren't as active or progressing as fast as others doesn't mean others aren't
    There are plenty of global new accounts at 20k ratings already

And the ih arena is still separate brackets
  • Mustangjon wrote: »

Why do you bother to play a game that you do nothing but complain about this is I can't count how many threads your crying over something

Sorry that you have had 3+ months to prepare and we have had 2 weeks. It is not fair AT ALL
  • Can we have an employee tell us if this is true as well? it would NOT be fair at all if this is the case
    So the guys playing same time as you putting up 2 mil points is any different than beta player doing same? As well as it was not a closed beta
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    So the guys playing same time as you putting up 2 mil points is any different than beta player doing same? As well as it was not a closed beta

1. I or 99% of players don't live in sweeden or wherever it was to begin playing in part of the beta.
    2. Yes it is not the same because people putting up 2 mil in points are the top 5 ("whales") then there is a HUGE cutoff to get the other percent rewards.
    3. If we added the beta then they would occupy those top 10% rewards (under the top 5) and leave the new users out to dry

• Nightchris wrote: »
    Mustangjon wrote: »

1. I or 99% of players don't live in sweeden or wherever it was to begin playing in part of the beta.
    2. Yes it is not the same because people putting up 2 mil in points are the top 5 ("whales") then there is a HUGE cutoff to get the other percent rewards.
    3. If we added the beta then they would occupy those top 10% rewards (under the top 5) and leave the new users out to dry

You do realize...that the 4* Bot prize is given out to RANKS 1 THROUGH 5, not the top 1% or top 1-5%. Literally 5 people.

You do realize...that the 4* Bot prize is given out to RANKS 1 THROUGH 5, not the top 1% or top 1-5%. Literally 5 people.

Yes maybe you should re-read what i said. The new players wouldn't get the top 10% in prizes aka the 1k 4* shards you get for ranking top 1-2% or the next tier which is top 10%

Nightchris wrote: »

Yes maybe you should re-read what i said. The new players wouldn't get the top 10% in prizes aka the 1k 4* shards you get for ranking top 1-2% or the next tier which is top 10%

And you probably never will unless you spend money or dedicate every waking hour to making sure you never miss out on a cooldown for bots and win every single fight.

You wouldn't even be able to rank up a 4 star at your level, I know because I got lucky and got a 4 star Mirage in the first week of release. It took an ungodly amount of ORE to even get him to max level on rank 1 and I won't be able to upgrade him to rank 2 ANYTIME soon.
    You guys are grade A idiots the beta players didn't have everything you guys did we were limited in our items and things we could do stop complaining for once and play
  • WarblahWarblah Posts: 39
    If he was in beta I'm sure he will complain the other way lol
  • NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    edited April 2017
    Amano wrote: »
    You guys are grade A idiots the beta players didn't have everything you guys did we were limited in our items and things we could do stop complaining for once and play

You guys have full rosters with much more r3's then any of us that have played for 2 weeks. But yeah its fair....

Arena is all about the amount of characters you have and what rank you have them at. I'm a featured grinder in MCOC. Please stop thinking you guys know everything

Would be nice to get a forum mod on this subject...
  • SkubSkub Posts: 28
    edited April 2017
    It kind of sucks because people **** on me pretty hard for saying this game wasn't especially viable for F2P players but we're in situation where if you can't afford to constantly roll dupes and power them up to max, then you're never going to be able to earn anything new from the arena. Trying to get anything you want from the rolls is abysmal because this game has the single worst rates I've ever seen in a gacha-based game - and this is coming from someone who used to play bandai's SD Gundam games. At least they didn't lie about rate ups or charge you extra to roll on them.

Like, it's all good and well to tell players "If you don't like it, don't play" but that's an insane way to design your games. That marvel game is the most successful game this company's had and it's far from being especially successful compared to many gacha games out there. Why would you actively want to discourage more people from enjoying your game and drive people away and foster nothing but a bad reputation for yourself rather than try to fix the massive issues inherent in the game design that border on the illegal.
    Looks like only earning about 35 mil a year yep your right they don't make much money with this business model

i927o8d00pyx.png
  • NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    edited April 2017
    Skub wrote: »
    It kind of sucks because people **** on me pretty hard for saying this game wasn't especially viable for F2P players but we're in situation where if you can't afford to constantly roll dupes and power them up to max, then you're never going to be able to earn anything new from the arena. Trying to get anything you want from the rolls is abysmal because this game has the single worst rates I've ever seen in a gacha-based game - and this is coming from someone who used to play bandai's SD Gundam games. At least they didn't lie about rate ups or charge you extra to roll on them.

Like, it's all good and well to tell players "If you don't like it, don't play" but that's an insane way to design your games. That marvel game is the most successful game this company's had and it's far from being especially successful compared to many gacha games out there. Why would you actively want to discourage more people from enjoying your game and drive people away and foster nothing but a bad reputation for yourself rather than try to fix the massive issues inherent in the game design that border on the illegal.

I come from being in a top 10 allinace in MCOC and i agree with everything you say here. I came here to start fresh, play with my brother and hope that this game was not a duplicate of mcoc (which they just offically killed with the new aq season 4. Top allinaces want a challenge but the rich will get richer)People defending kabam in these forums must have no idea what just happened in MCOC the past month.

Unfortunetly they did not learn from there many mistakes in mcoc and are doing the exact same thing here. They had some good thoughts with raids and 3d fighting but ruined it with the way the game started out. Its completely a P2P game since the new people who have played for two weeks get thrown into the fire with beta users who have played since december. Some of them already have 3 r4 3*'s and have been hoarding alpha shards for months. Everyone is in the same bracket for the most important aspect of the game Allinace missions. New people who have played for two weeks can play on difficult AM yet like the beta users are.

Hopefully they fix this flaw but I doubt it. Oh well.

I come from being in a top 10 allinace in MCOC and i agree with everything you say here. I came here to start fresh, play with my brother and hope that this game was not a duplicate of mcoc (which they just offically killed with the new aq season 4. Top allinaces want a challenge but the rich will get richer)People defending kabam in these forums must have no idea what just happened in MCOC the past month.

Unfortunetly they did not learn from there many mistakes in mcoc and are doing the exact same thing here. They had some good thoughts with raids and 3d fighting but ruined it with the way the game started out. Its completely a P2P game since the new people who have played for two weeks get thrown into the fire with beta users who have played since december. Some of them already have 3 r4 3*'s and have been hoarding alpha shards for months. Everyone is in the same bracket for the most important aspect of the game Allinace missions. New people who have played for two weeks can play on difficult AM yet like the beta users are.

This sounds so ignorant no one has beeen hoarding alphas we earned them not a single person can complain one bit as IT WAS AN OPEN BETA you all could have joined if you wanted.

There is always gonna be someone ahead of you the people with money are the ones who are gonna do best this is how it is in any game you play
  • Amano wrote: »

This sounds so ignorant no one has beeen hoarding alphas we earned them not a single person can complain one bit as IT WAS AN OPEN BETA you all could have joined if you wanted.

There is always gonna be someone ahead of you the people with money are the ones who are gonna do best this is how it is in any game you play

How did you join? Did you hide your IP address so you were in sweeden or where ever the open beta was. As far as i know there was no open beta in the USA.

Kabam should check all of your status to make sure you are in fact from the country that had the open beta. how about that

Hmm, I don't think most of this is true. It's a whole lot of presumption with no real base in reality. The Beta players did not have a huge head start. Everything was very controlled to ensure that they would not be able to progress too far ahead of the new players that come around, and they were bracketed out of arenas until enough players were able to catch up. This has been done. While some of our Beta Players are still some of our best players, there are plenty of new Players that have already caught up with them.

MCOC is not related to this game at all. It's a whole different game and the experience there has nothing to do with Transformers: Forged to Fight.
  • ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Awesome explanation miike,

Bravo
  • Trailbreaker77Trailbreaker77 Posts: 260
    edited April 2017
    Hmm, I don't think most of this is true. It's a whole lot of presumption with no real base in reality. The Beta players did not have a huge head start. Everything was very controlled to ensure that they would not be able to progress too far ahead of the new players that come around, and they were bracketed out of arenas until enough players were able to catch up. This has been done. While some of our Beta Players are still some of our best players, there are plenty of new Players that have already caught up with them.

MCOC is not related to this game at all. It's a whole different game and the experience there has nothing to do with Transformers: Forged to Fight.

Mike,

Get rid of the "Think" as it opens up doubt, just state that it's not true and squash this train of thought.
  • From hearing that I think the arena will be down right impossible to play. When will we know that we are facing the beta players because I watched are YouTube showing a beta player is now in the normal bracket. Is that true because i would of liked some kind of update when you guys were going to make us face them. Like hey we are now merging brackets be ready to face the beta players or something like that.
  • SkubSkub Posts: 28

What you say goes directly contrary to what people are saying. So far I've seen very few people who weren't in the beta defending how the game works, but the people who think the game is fine are the ones who've had a headstart and aren't being crushed by the opponents who've had several months to gather resources to power up bots, to roll duplicates to activate skills. Everyone else is being faced with a scenario where they rapidly can't progress because they hit a wall of players who've simply had more time to prepare, more resouces and a sheer volume of more bots. I would love to see those statistics of yours. I would absolutely love to see if any of those new players are free to play players, or if they're whales.
    edited April 2017
    You guys do understand you only need 3 bots and a refresh button to score as much as you want right?

And lastly those whales keep Kabam's lights on so you f2p players can play for free you can't have your cake and eat it too