Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Whoever is in charge of the arenas....

Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
First off, thank you for listening to everyone and bringing back the milestones. Yes, I even think a top milestone of 1.5m points is fair. They're not perfect, but they're back.

And seriously, whoever sat down and reworked the rank rewards needs to be FIRED. The top 2% in everything now is half OR LESS of the top 30. Who could have thought this a good idea? For example...

Crystal bounty prior to this week,
Top 10 (×3 = top 30) got 1,000 4* shards and the top 2% got 900. So 98% of the work got you 90% of the reward. Fair enough, but now....

The top 30 get 1,500 shards (boy does that look good in the announcements!) and the top 2% get...750?!? So now doing 98% of the work gets you HALF of the reward.

But it gets better...

The new shiny gold arena is here! (BTW, as one of the main complainers about the lack of gold, thank you!)

Wow! Look at that announcement! A quarter of a million gold! Oh wait...

The top 30 get 250k (out of my reach, but sweet!) and the top 2% get....100k? Umm... 98% of the work for 40% of the rewards? Are you kidding me? Not to mention the top 5%... A 33% payout for 95% of the work.... Thank god you people aren't in charge of payroll at my job...

Comments

• hoolienweehoolienwee Posts: 159
    The top 30 get 1,500 shards (boy does that look good in the announcements!) and the top 2% get...750?!? So now doing 98% of the work gets you HALF of the reward.

Top 30 also get 3 full 3* crystal = 300 4* shards from milestone and rank rewards. So they actually get 1800 shards.

Top 2% get 2 full 3* crystal. So total is actually 950 shards.
  • hoolienwee wrote: »

Top 30 also get 3 full 3* crystal = 300 4* shards from milestone and rank rewards. So they actually get 1800 shards.

Top 2% get 2 full 3* crystal. So total is actually 950 shards.

Milestones and rank rewards are apples and oranges.... And those 4* shards are a side effect of the 6.0 update, not something that they intentionally added as an arena reward.

As for the 3* and pbc shards in rank rewards, I don't remember offhand what they were so I can't compare them.
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    Its almost as if they want people to spend real money to try to win the top arena prizes or something...
  • Its almost as if they want people to spend real money to try to win the top arena prizes or something...

Sadly it's not worth it. I was willing to use energon when I couldn't afford to commit the 4+ HOURS of fighting that the top 2% required. The gold arena is actually the first that I've bothered to even score a million points this week. The rewards if you place 31 aren't worth the time OR the cash that need invested.
  • hoolienweehoolienwee Posts: 159
    Milestones and rank rewards are apples and oranges.... And those 4* shards are a side effect of the 6.0 update, not something that they intentionally added as an arena reward.

As for the 3* and pbc shards in rank rewards, I don't remember offhand what they were so I can't compare them.

I believed they did design the milestone and rank rewards as intended alongside 6.0 update.

Otherwise, we would get 4* shards in milestones like old time, not 3* shards only.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    It’s great that they brought milestones back, but the arena crystal system really needs to be looked at. When they will still awarding shards for arena rounds (I can’t remember which update it was that removed this system.... sometime last year) you could get 300 shards for winning a perfect series. 1 arena crystal every 50,000 points really isn’t offering the same returns....
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Arena chips per round are the very reason Kabam feels we get gold too easily. Now they remove them completely while leaving that 'get crystal' button
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I do like the milestones...they're better than nothing amiright?
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I'm just glad they brought back milestones
  • oh its a company, oh everything it does including arena design/rework must be profitable, fun and fairness is secondary.
    not saying its wrong, we just have to be aware of this.
  • oh its a company, oh everything it does including arena design/rework must be profitable, fun and fairness is secondary.

I tend to spend a lot more money when I'm having fun. ;)

Considering that their costs are all fixed (servers, payroll, etc) and not based on what I buy (like Amazon or Walmart), I would think it would be more profitable to have a game with 1,000 people spending $50 month rather than 50 people spending $200.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I do like the milestones...they're better than nothing amiright?

That’s how they get you to settle. Like gas prices. They raise them super high so when they lower it to something that’s still double what it was, people are saying, “Wow, gas is cheap!”
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    oh its a company, oh everything it does including arena design/rework must be profitable, fun and fairness is secondary.

Considering that their costs are all fixed (servers, payroll, etc) and not based on what I buy (like Amazon or Walmart), I would think it would be more profitable to have a game with 1,000 people spending $50 month rather than 50 people spending $200.

No! 50 ppl require less servers! :D:D:D
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    edited April 2018
    Y2K wrote: »
    oh its a company, oh everything it does including arena design/rework must be profitable, fun and fairness is secondary.

*facepalm* Of course! How could I have been so blind?! :D

Edit:

Whoa, they're mad at me! Something was done so this thread no longer moves to the top when someone posts. Guess that's how they bury trouble makers...
  • Y2K wrote: »

*facepalm* Of course! How could I have been so blind?! :D

Edit:

Whoa, they're mad at me! Something was done so this thread no longer moves to the top when someone posts. Guess that's how they bury trouble makers...

when forum rules are not enough to bury complains