Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Solution for Crash related damage

So my game has cleared up quite a bit. No more multi crashes per fight or any of that, and I thought of something in it's regards. Personally, I'm surprised I never thought of this sooner but oh well. Even if the game crashes before opening the fight, my bots will sometimes and other times not take punishment for the game crash. This means that the game is most likely to fail at loading and unloading bot models. Simplifying the bot select before fights or making it an option to do so should dramatically improve the performance.

In regards to the punishment itself, why not have it only take effect at least 3 seconds into the active fight? That way players suffering the same game instability I do won't have their bots brutalized before their first fight even begins. The game crashes before the bots drop down and would be within the safe timer. Crashes would still be an annoyance, but with this method, they'd no longer be a hindrance blocking players like myself from harder game content.

I don't know whether or not this will be taken to consideration since it seems crashing is an issue for the minority of active players. The reason for that is I assume players who did experience the issues I do, have long abandoned the game entirely for that very reason.

Comments

• An easier solution would be go by the bots health.

If I've taken no damage, I'm obviously not trying for a better fight next time. Likewise if I've taken less than 10% and the AI bot has taken over 75%, I think it's safe to say it wasn't the player intentionally crashing the game.

Of course, that doesn't make them any money....
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    @Last_Frontier

Seems a little more complicated to apply than a timer. I almost never crash mid fight. The only crash causing bot is Ultra Magnus and that awful S1 hammer wave. My game freezes every time he uses that thing, making is extremely hard to avoid.

I have considered that but doubt profit is a large concern for the continued issue. It's an anti exploit system that simply does much more harm than good. Hopefully something can be done. So far I actually haven't been damaged when crashing very often, but it has it's phases, and that may not apply for everyone. I just may be one of few that still plays through the game's problems like this.
  • My crashes are rare thankfully. They usually are either as the fight is loading, or as it is ending. The ending ones are the more frustrating because now I have to rekill the bot because a dead AI bot magically gets fully repaired, but I keep all fight damage plus the penalty when it happens...
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited April 2018
    Can't they just reload the fight at the same point where it was?

That way if a fight was going bad it stays as it was and if it was going well or just started then the player doesn't get punished.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    @Red_Eyes

I certainly wouldn't mind that. There seems to be a good range of solutions. Just a waiting game to see if any of them will be applied to fix this issue.

I've been recommend to do a hard reset on my device but I'm not keen on it. Wiping all of my phone data to have a CHANCE of fixing a issue in one app is not worth it. I'd rather abandon the game.