Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Improving the 150 energon/Crystal Deals for a Post 6.0 World

SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
Motormaster is the only 4 star missing from my roster, which is statistically incredible because I've been playing since day 1. So I was pleased to see the collision crystals show up today because it would give me a chance to finally get him.

Now I've tried these 150 energon crystals before in the past with both Grimlock and Shockwave and never had any luck with them, so I knew the chances were not good of me landing Motormaster (in fact now I know that I have a .53% chance of getting him) but I still thought I'd spend 1500 energon and give it a shot. Needless to say, I didn't get him. But it did get me thinking about these crystals and how, like AM at the moment, they're severely outdated in a post-6.0 update TFTF. So, to that end, I'd like to propose an adjustment to these.

First, if we're going to spend 150 energon per crystal to try and get these bot-specific crystals, I think the pool of bots should only contain 2, 3, and 4 star iterations of that bot and no others. 150 is just too high of a price to ask, especially with 5 stars having been introduced as the new top bot to get.

Second, the chances of getting the 4 star version should be higher than a .53% chance, which is pretty pitiful for 150 energon per crystal. Keep in mind these deals are special because they only come around twice per month with a different bot each time out of the 34 bot roster and rising. That means that hypothetically the next time a Collision Crystal comes out, 17-22 months will have passed, so it's not like this system would be abused to try and get every bot on the roster right away. That's why the chances should be higher. I think 70% for a 2 star, 25% for a 3 star and 5% for a 4 star from only that pool of bot doesn't sound unreasonable, especially with the 150 energon/crystal price tag.

To sum up, these crystals should be marketed as a crystal that allows players to get "the one that got away" so it should contain only that bot and a higher chance to get the 4 star than any other crystal. That, in my mind, would justify the 150 energon price tag. As it stands now it feels like there's really nothing to differentiate them from the 100 and 120 energon deals, except that you're spending 30 to 50 more energon per crystal to get what feels like the same chance.

Thoughts? Am I crazy for suggesting that?

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Good idea, however don’t forget you still have a better chance of getting Motormaster from a 4* crystal, which are becoming more easier to get as we speak. Good luck on capturing motormaster!
  • Couldn't agree more.

(I'm missing starscream and rhinox)