Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Dupes, dupes, dupes...

So, i got only four 2* bots - movie Prime, movie Bee, movie Mixmaster, movie Ironhide. The rest is 1* bots
I opened 5 premium crystals in the last couple of days, two of them was shards, two Waspinator's
And i got ZERO new bots, 2 dupes of Bee, and one for each others
This is beyond just unlucky RNG, this a whole new level. It prevent a possibility to play in multiple game modes, it block any success in arena and totally kill desire to play

Comments

• SkubSkub Posts: 28
    At least you have waspinator. I've gotten a like 6+ bumblebees so far and he's my single least favorite bot in the whole franchise.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    He doesn't. What he meant it's that he opened five crystals in total which among the five, two of them were Waspinator Crystal
  • SkubSkub Posts: 28
    Oh, I misread that!

Yeah I'd been saving all my energon since I spent a bit on my first day for a situation like this. I didn't roll a waspinator either. Not even a 1*. I did get three 2* bumblebees and a few other dupes though. I don't think I'm ever going to spend energon on another "enhanced rates" crystal again.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Yeah I tried spending some Energon on the Ironhide crystal and got two 2 star dupes, ah well I've got a handful of boys anyways I can deal. Now just gotta save thousands of Energon for whenever Soundwave gets released
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    bots not boys. Stupid autocorrect
  • I think it would be less annoying to get dupes right now if we got crystal shards for the next level of stars like they do in MCOC.

I really hope they eventually do that, I can see maybe why they don't do it now since the game is fresh and the bot pool is small but it really is a pretty bad feeling.
  • JLHart05JLHart05 Posts: 21
    Similar story as OP:
    Was only playing for a week. Opened up 10 premium crystals in that time.
    I have One 3*** and five 2**. Including four of them all in the same Tech category and the 3*** is Rhinox who I've already received three 2** of him.
    I agree with the OP. This just kills any desire to keep going with this game. Also any desire to spend real money to buy crystals. Why spend any money to continue to see results like this?
    Because of this I'm done. Moving on.

• iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    It would be nicer if the roster wasn't so embarrassingly small either. They've added... 3, 4 new bots since February??
  • We understand that it's not a lot of fun to only be getting Duplicate Bots, but at this time, there just isn't a huge roster of Bots available. This is definitely going to change over time, and you'll be able to amass an army of lots of different playable bots!

If you're trying to gain some shards for higher Star Rating Bot Crystals, Dupes are actually your friend! When you forge a 2 or 3 Star Bot, you gain Crystal shards for the next Crystal up. The higher the Signature level, rank, and level of the bot you forge, the more shards you get, not to mention the extra power-up you're giving the bot you forged in to!
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Oh come on Miike, like somebody is going to forge a bot if the barely have enough bots to compete in arena. He is complaining that he doesn't have enough bots, so destroying a few of them won't help him a lot, won't it?

OP: At least you can get a 2* Waspinator right now, you should go for that. I feel you but you have to remember as soon as you have around 10 bots the chance of getting a dupe is acutally highter then getting a new bot. The roster of available bots is just so small currently that you are less unlucky then you think.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    we need more 3* and 4*... stop giving us 2*s. Thanks.
  • AdoDuAdoDu Posts: 1
    i need more gold
  • JLHart05JLHart05 Posts: 21
    I know what the dups do. I played CoC for a few years.

But when you are just starting out in a game and only have 2 or 3 2**, then in the next four crystal openings you receive 3 of the same 2** and a 3*** of that same bot, kind of kills your fun and any ability to advance in the game. All I wanted to do was the regular story line and play a little bit of the arena. Nothing else in this game interests me. I've read about the forging thing, I agree with most that think it's a waste. And I'm not a fan of stealing resources from others.

Do we have any math or statistics people here? I'd like to know the odds of my draw, has to fairly long odds.

I've said what I wanted, that's all I have. I've deleted the app and will be moving on. Good luck to the rest of you. Hope you have better luck than I did.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited May 2017
    If you have 4 bots your chance to dupe is roughly 20% but rng is the factor here same reason someone can pull one crystal and get a 4* or pull 100 and get none
  • Andum7Andum7 Posts: 61
    We understand that it's not a lot of fun to only be getting Duplicate Bots, but at this time, there just isn't a huge roster of Bots available. This is definitely going to change over time, and you'll be able to amass an army of lots of different playable bots!

If you're trying to gain some shards for higher Star Rating Bot Crystals, Dupes are actually your friend! When you forge a 2 or 3 Star Bot, you gain Crystal shards for the next Crystal up. The higher the Signature level, rank, and level of the bot you forge, the more shards you get, not to mention the extra power-up you're giving the bot you forged in to!

Will we be able to get shards from duping bots eventually?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited May 2017
    No not from dupes shards come from forging higher the sig level or how many times bot been duped is how many shards you get
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Zapper wrote: »
    Oh come on Miike, like somebody is going to forge a bot if the barely have enough bots to compete in arena. He is complaining that he doesn't have enough bots, so destroying a few of them won't help him a lot, won't it?

THIS.

Yeah, that response isn't going to help the guy at all.

• Greenie_81Greenie_81 Posts: 54
    Dupes are good. You will realise this in time to come.
  • XannenXannen Posts: 17
    Greenie_81 wrote: »
    Dupes are good. You will realise this in time to come.

But not when you're in the position of someone who needs more bots to be able to progress in the game.. that is the whole point of this post and not tough to understand, so not sure what your post is supposed to signify.
  • SprQ1081SprQ1081 Posts: 63
    Dupes in this game does not generate shards. That was the case with MCOC. They should implement it here as well. Suggestion is after 2 dupes of the same bot, shards should be awarded plus the added signature ability.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    It gives you lots of ore13 though
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    10 freedom crystals = 10 2* dupes
  • SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    The roster isn't the biggest yet, dupes will be common.